Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Hello
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 03:43:55 pm »
I'm sorry if my post came off as me saying that people who listen to that genre of music are lame.  That was not at all what I was trying to say.
Hmm, funny, I was (about your style of music). ;)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »
Hello!  Why are there so many people here who like the Metal genre? :(

Emo elitist teenagers tend to denounce bad music and then champion even worse music. It's a very ironic human phenomenon.

lol.  I'm sure the "Emo elitist teenagers" bit was a troll, but it really does annoy me when people try to subtly insult a genre of music because they don't like it.  It is, of course, beyond fair for them to say they don't like it, but saying it sucks or implying that people are lame for liking it really grinds my gears.

I know I've been guilty of this in the past, but now, I try to avoid saying those kinds of things.
I'm sorry if my post came off as me saying that people who listen to that genre of music are lame.  That was not at all what I was trying to say.  The only comments I was making there is that I don't like it and I don't understand why others like it.  It's just like people who say they don't like chocolate, I just don't understand how they couldn't like chocolate when it's so delicious!  That doesn't mean I think they are a loser and or lame, it just means I truly don't understand.  I would never ever insult someone else just because of their taste in music.  The majority of my friends here at Rolla like old rock n' roll music (like ACDC, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, etc) and I absolutely hate it, but I don't think they are lame.  If I thought they were lame I wouldn't be their friend!

The little bit Ender said about me being an Emo Elitist Teenage is completely false.  I am not emo, I am most definitely not an elitist, and I am also not a teenager.

How do you not understand it?  Their tastes are different then yours.  What more is there to understand? :P

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 05:59:01 pm »
Antivirus, Ender was clearly making a joke about people who like Metal.  He wasn't referring to you at all.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 06:05:23 pm »
Antivirus, Ender was clearly making a joke about people who like Metal.  He wasn't referring to you at all.
I am pretty sure he was since he told me in a PM that he was just poking fun at me...

The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 06:07:24 pm »

Emo elitist teenagers tend to denounce bad music and then champion even worse music. It's a very ironic human phenomenon.

lol.  I'm sure the "Emo elitist teenagers" bit was a troll, but it really does annoy me when people try to subtly insult a genre of music because they don't like it.  It is, of course, beyond fair for them to say they don't like it, but saying it sucks or implying that people are lame for liking it really grinds my gears.

I know I've been guilty of this in the past, but now, I try to avoid saying those kinds of things.
I'm sorry if my post came off as me saying that people who listen to that genre of music are lame.  That was not at all what I was trying to say.  The only comments I was making there is that I don't like it and I don't understand why others like it.  It's just like people who say they don't like chocolate, I just don't understand how they couldn't like chocolate when it's so delicious!  That doesn't mean I think they are a loser and or lame, it just means I truly don't understand.  I would never ever insult someone else just because of their taste in music.  The majority of my friends here at Rolla like old rock n' roll music (like ACDC, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, etc) and I absolutely hate it, but I don't think they are lame.  If I thought they were lame I wouldn't be their friend!

The little bit Ender said about me being an Emo Elitist Teenage is completely false.  I am not emo, I am most definitely not an elitist, and I am also not a teenager.

How do you not understand it?  Their tastes are different then yours.  What more is there to understand? :P
That is essentially what I was saying, they have different tastes.  I just worded it a little different and made it a lot longer.
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 06:09:23 pm »

Seemed like he was referring to the "so many people" who like the Metal genre, particularly since his post follows as a response to your question.  I guess it was more ambiguous than I thought.  *shrug*

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 06:13:17 pm »

Seemed like he was referring to the "so many people" who like the Metal genre, particularly since his post follows as a response to your question.  I guess it was more ambiguous than I thought.  *shrug*

Yeah, I understand what you mean.  I wasn't completely sure either if it was a joke directed towards me or not.  But in the PM it seemed pretty clear he was talking about this particular joke.  Who knows / cares?
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 06:13:57 pm »
You definitely said "you don't understand why they like it."  You may have meant something different, but you certainly said something that seemed silly. :P

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 06:15:24 pm »
You definitely said "you don't understand why they like it."  You may have meant something different, but you certainly said something that seemed silly. :P
Lol, why so technical Sidoh?! :P
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 06:16:26 pm »
I'm not being technical!  I'm respond to the words in your post.  :(

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 06:17:39 pm »
I'm not being technical!  I'm respond to the words in your post.  :(
Lies! :)
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Nex (EcH)

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 06:45:31 pm »
Interesting how the conversation of this thread progressed. 

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 06:46:28 pm »
Welcome to x86!! :) 
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 06:50:02 pm »

lol, yeah.  we tend to go off on tangents. :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 06:50:18 pm »
Geez, does nobody have a sense of humour?

Metal is generally good. Punk is often good. Everybody who disagrees obviously has no taste.

Sheesh! It's simple!