Author Topic: Storm vs. iPhone  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
Storm vs. iPhone
« on: December 25, 2008, 08:07:16 pm »
Blackberry's Storm vs Apple's iPhone

What does everyone think? I'm up for renewal in a few months and I'm thinking about switching to AT&T for the iPhone. I personally think I like the iPhone a bit better but I can't decide which to go with.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
Re: Storm vs. iPhone
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 08:19:01 pm »
I have a BlackBerry Pearl, I know it's a different phone,  but I would imagine that they have a lot of similar aspects.  One cool thing about it is when the battery reaches 0% it turns off the radio signal, but leaves the phone on for a matter of hours before it dies completely. I don't know if it has a GPS chip, mine doesn't, but I think it would be a plus. There are a lot of cool things at the website www.handango.com.

The support for the blackberry's is quite nice, too.

Sorry if my post has very little useful information, but that's all I know on the subject. That's also why I did a very broad review.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 08:55:35 pm »
One cool thing about it is when the battery reaches 0% it turns off the radio signal, but leaves the phone on for a matter of hours before it dies completely.
I don't know if they've improved it, since I have an older Blackberry model, but that's quite possibly the most annoying thing about my BB. So many times, I've carried it for hours without getting an email, then realized that the radio had turned off last time I charged it, and it'd stayed off. Unless I'm using it for more than pulling email (which I rarely do), I never notice the radio automatically turning off.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 09:56:33 pm »
One cool thing about it is when the battery reaches 0% it turns off the radio signal, but leaves the phone on for a matter of hours before it dies completely.
I don't know if they've improved it, since I have an older Blackberry model, but that's quite possibly the most annoying thing about my BB. So many times, I've carried it for hours without getting an email, then realized that the radio had turned off last time I charged it, and it'd stayed off. Unless I'm using it for more than pulling email (which I rarely do), I never notice the radio automatically turning off.

I agree with that, it sucks when you need to use it and you realize the radio's turned off. It is also good if you do use it as an organizer, or just use it to play games on it to kill time.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 12:16:59 pm »
ive got a blackberry pearl too, and ive done that several times. =(
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 02:19:06 pm »
I've been thinking about this too. From what I've seen of the Storm, it is no competition to the iPhone. There is nowhere near the cult following that the iPhone has, so there is much less support for much of the useful stuff. The iPhone is definitely superior, the problem is that it is not offered for Verizon. If you would like to keep your carrier, perhaps you should be debating about the Storm vs. a different phone. If you don't mind switching carriers, iPhone for sure. You just can't rival the features and support.. it's just well put together in general, and constantly improved upon.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny