Author Topic: Dorm D&D  (Read 4501 times)

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
Dorm D&D
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:42:16 pm »
Yeah, we have a group in my building of nine people, possibly ten next time we play. One's the DM, the other 8 quest. We have 1 rogue (me :D), 1 rogue/fighter dual-class, 1 fighter, 1 barbarian, 1 wizard, 1 paladin (who just lost his paladin status for killing an innocent worker because it was evil), 1 druid/ranger multi-class, and 1 ranger. The new person might play a cleric.

Anyway, our DM plays for multiple groups, and has for a while, so he's really experienced, and it's a lot of fun. Last Friday we played for 8 hours (7pm-3am) but only got so far, since with 9 people it's chaotic at points.

The storyline so far (I jumped in at the second game) is that we rescued a group of kids from spiders, and then the council at the town sent us into the forest since a burning caravan came into town. We go into the forest, we run into three bears, we immediately go to attack them (the barbarian cuts one in half with a critical), then the mother bear comes out and slaps down 2 of us instantly, the druid/ranger have some sense and try to calm it and talk to it. Turns out we killed its children and if we do it a deed it won't kill us (and yes, the bear is magical). We have to go into the forest to stop the logging operation by the drow, so we head over there. We strategize and set up at the base of their encampment (which leads into a cave), and pull them out. Six or so armored Drow come out along with an ogre (which the barbarian rolled dual 20s on for to-hit, causing it 60 dmg and dropping it in one piece) and we work our way through them. Afterwards, we move into the cave, we kill some more drow, we kill a priestess in a room and take some black parchment, and find out that it was a message from the High Priestess of that temple to another one, saying something about losing numbers to an unknown force.

It's fun. I'll eventually write that up better, but I gotta run.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
Re: Dorm D&D
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:46:59 pm »
oh dear god. what is it with you and D&D lol

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:51:07 pm »
D&D is awesome, you can never play too much! :P

Also, despite what a lot of people think, it's actually really social.

Incidentally, I'm putting some thought into another campaign.. :)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 07:57:20 pm »
D&D is awesome, you can never play too much! :P

Also, despite what a lot of people think, it's actually really social.
No! Sitting around with a bunch of friends talking is ANTISOCIAL!
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 09:28:40 pm »
No! Sitting around with a bunch of friends talking is ANTISOCIAL!
Only when done without booze.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine