Author Topic: I think Blizzard is in on the gold selling market...  (Read 9200 times)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
I think Blizzard is in on the gold selling market...
« on: March 16, 2009, 06:43:58 pm »
Okay, I'm lazy and know of a site that sells wow gold extremely cheap. I've used them twice to buy like a quick 2000g for mats, and crap.

Every time I use this site, though, they're instant to respond and be online. I always do a face to face trade and they're always online it seems like. They chill in the SW bank - they're mostly level 1 chars with random lettered names, and they're all in the same guild which also consists of random letters. I've noticed they do this for the guild bank so they can store gold and easily xfer gold from farming chars to the level 1 chars that sell them in SW.

Now, I've always been weary because these characters are just so obvious. I see them every time in the bank and they're usually targeting somebody next to them, which I think is funny. It's funny to see them in the act of selling gold. Why doesn't Blizzard catch on to this? You'd think they'd be easily found and banned. The first time I bought gold was a long time ago, and they're still there. But, on a another note, they've got reps that'll call your cell phone when they're online to give you the gold and they have called me instantly both times, and both times were from a California-based phone number with an American sounding person of the phone - no accents from what I could tell.

So, just yesterday I logged on and was questing in Sholazar and I saw a level 80 mage farming herbs and mining nodes, and he was in the same random lettered guild. I had found one of their farmers! I did a who of their guild and sure enough 4 other level 1 chars were online from the same guild, as well as 2 other 80s... both on Sholazar (one of the better places for mining, from what i hear).

I went to Armory and tried looking up the 80s profile and he was unlisted... odd, I tried looking up the other 2 80s both of which are unlisted. Obviously the 1s wont show up. So I looked up the guild, which exists, but shows no members. Guild page here

Also, when I sold one of my accounts like a year ago, prior to the paid name change - only xfer existed, I had used my xfer like 3 days before selling the account. I xfer'd the char to a server that my other chars were on (but on a diff account), and added the char I was selling to my friends lists. The same day that I sold my account, the char was removed from my friends list and either had its name changed, xfer'd off or was banned. I know, also, that banned chars remain on the server so they wouldn't be removed from my friends list.

All of this leads me to believe that Blizzard is profiting off the gold selling market, too! dun dun dun
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
Re: I think Blizzard is in on the gold selling market...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 06:50:16 pm »
If you can't beat them, join them.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:51:01 pm »
No.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:18:40 pm »
If blizzard was into selling gold, why wouldn't they just, like, create it from thin air? They DO have access to do that. :P

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 09:03:03 pm »
If blizzard was into selling gold, why wouldn't they just, like, create it from thin air? They DO have access to do that. :P

Yea, I know. I don't actually think Blizzard is selling gold... but it's kind of odd that these gold sellers have these weird tricks it seems like.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 11:23:35 pm »

Inflation, duh. :P
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 01:26:26 pm »

Inflation, duh. :P

I was waiting for somebody to say that. :P

It's funny, because it's an artificial economy, but still works like a real one. Weird! :)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 01:51:42 pm »
Only because Blizzard adds large gold syncs (Ways to waste large sums of money) into the game every couple of patches.  Epic flight training, 22 slot bags, motorcycles, etc.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 02:02:40 pm »
There needs to be more motorcycles in fantasy worlds.

That makes sense, though, since gold is created but never really disappears :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 02:05:43 pm »
That's kind of interesting warz, but I'd imagine it's just people who are exploiting every little feature that makes them more efficient.  The guild thing is kinda weird, though.

Only because Blizzard adds large gold syncs (Ways to waste large sums of money) into the game every couple of patches.  Epic flight training, 22 slot bags, motorcycles, etc.

Money syncs? ;)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 02:23:43 pm »
That's kind of interesting warz, but I'd imagine it's just people who are exploiting every little feature that makes them more efficient.  The guild thing is kinda weird, though.

Money syncs? ;)
Heh, I can't believe I missed that! I'm as bad as him! :)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 02:25:08 pm »
Heh, that's one hell of a typo.  :D

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 02:30:04 pm »
That's nothing.. thanks to a spellchecker gone wild, my friend posted to a mailing list about "mammary leaks" :)

(unfortunately, he didn't use the phrase "mammary leak".. that would have been awesome, though!)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 02:41:23 pm »
Speaking of gold, someone should give me 22k.  I need epic flying on three toons and normal+epic flying on one.

HALP MEH
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 03:37:41 pm »

Cold weather flying is the lamest thing I can think of that I've paid for so far...