Author Topic: VALS Type  (Read 2093 times)

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
VALS Type
« on: April 22, 2009, 06:59:50 pm »
I just took this for my marketing class, and was interested what types other people receive.
http://www.sric-bi.com/VALS/presurvey.shtml

If you're unaware, VALS is a typology of consumers based on values and lifestyle. Essentially it's a motivation for purchasing used by marketers when assessing customer demographics.

My primary was Experiencer and my secondary was Innovator.

Experiencers are motivated by self-expression. As young, enthusiastic, and impulsive consumers, Experiencers quickly become enthusiastic about new possibilities but are equally quick to cool. They seek variety and excitement, savoring the new, the offbeat, and the risky. Their energy finds an outlet in exercise, sports, outdoor recreation, and social activities.

Experiencers are avid consumers and spend a comparatively high proportion of their income on fashion, entertainment, and socializing. Their purchases reflect the emphasis they place on looking good and having "cool" stuff.

Innovators are successful, sophisticated, take-charge people with high self-esteem. Because they have such abundant resources, they exhibit all three primary motivations in varying degrees. They are change leaders and are the most receptive to new ideas and technologies. Innovators are very active consumers, and their purchases reflect cultivated tastes for upscale, niche products and services.

Image is important to Innovators, not as evidence of status or power but as an expression of their taste, independence, and personality. Innovators are among the established and emerging leaders in business and government, yet they continue to seek challenges. Their lives are characterized by variety. Their possessions and recreation reflect a cultivated taste for the finer things in life.

I think both of these describe me pretty well. As a side note, although it says innovators have abundant resources the test doesn't factor in income. I got these results with the <$10,000 option.

And just a random statement: I'm watching "Deep Blue" and just saw the craziest looking fish. It was like a Seahorse-coral-fish.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: VALS Type
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 07:36:46 pm »
Some of the question seem to be redundant, then some of them are asking about some pretty sexist/religious questions :|

Your primary VALS type is Experiencer, and your secondary type is Achiever.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 08:13:00 pm »
Some of the question seem to be redundant, then some of them are asking about some pretty sexist/religious questions :|

Your primary VALS type is Experiencer, and your secondary type is Achiever.

The questions are meant to be redundant. It's a method in survey-giving to ensure the taker understands the core question, so they ask it different ways. The religious ones are to gauge your religious and family-oriented values.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:14:51 pm »
Strivers are trendy and fun loving. Because they are motivated by achievement, Strivers are concerned about the opinions and approval of others. Money defines success for Strivers, who don't have enough of it to meet their desires. They favor stylish products that emulate the purchases of people with greater material wealth. Many see themselves as having a job rather than a career, and a lack of skills and focus often prevents them from moving ahead.

Strivers are active consumers because shopping is both a social activity and an opportunity to demonstrate to peers their ability to buy. As consumers, they are as impulsive as their financial circumstance will allow.

Motivated by the desire for achievement, Achievers have goal-oriented lifestyles and a deep commitment to career and family. Their social lives reflect this focus and are structured around family, their place of worship, and work. Achievers live conventional lives, are politically conservative, and respect authority and the status quo. They value consensus, predictability, and stability over risk, intimacy, and self-discovery.

With many wants and needs, Achievers are active in the consumer marketplace. Image is important to Achievers; they favor established, prestige products and services that demonstrate success to their peers. Because of their busy lives, they are often interested in a variety of time-saving devices.
lol @ survey. This is probably the least accurate description of me I have ever seen.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:52:44 am »
hahahaha.

I didn't find mine particularly accurate either.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 11:37:05 am »
Innovator/Achiever for me.

Since both have already been included I won't duplicate the description; however, it's pretty spot-on for me. :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:39:53 am by MyndFyre »
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.