Author Topic: Re: Google Toolbar ('new' one)  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: Google Toolbar ('new' one)
« on: May 24, 2005, 11:11:01 pm »
Firefox has a Google search built in, and blocks popups more effectively. I also heard this is used for data mining, etc. ;)
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 11:14:10 pm »
Firefox has a Google search built in, and blocks popups more effectively. I also heard this is used for data mining, etc. ;)

Does it have spell checker, auto-fill, auto-link or anything else I've mentioned? That is, after all, the point of this post. :P I'm not comparing software (nor will I from this point on in this topic).

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 12:15:38 am »
If its a data miner, I still don't want it, nor do I need it. If you're dependant upon a spell-checker for regular use, you might as well quit at life. Also, if you can't remember your own address, you also need help. Auto-link? Whats that, so I can bash it?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 12:36:05 am »
If its a data miner, I still don't want it, nor do I need it. If you're dependant upon a spell-checker for regular use, you might as well quit at life. Also, if you can't remember your own address, you also need help. Auto-link? Whats that, so I can bash it?

Quit life because you're bad at spelling? Wow, you're dumb (just kidding, but that was a pretty stupid comment).

Joe, it saves time. You click a button and it fills it in for you. Christ. Read before you post.

Google toolbar rox, kthxbai.

And at your last comment: You can select if you want to to collect data about the pages you visit. It's not a forced thing. There is no malicious intent for this software. If you're bashing on Google in any way, you should be shot. Seriously. Shot.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 12:38:09 am by Sidoh »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 12:50:54 am »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 12:52:44 am by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 08:55:43 am »
Topic split. Joe this is the software review forum, not argue about the program and be an asshole forum. I don't want to see this kind of attitude in a forum that was created to help people.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.