Author Topic: I've been clean for three months  (Read 8688 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
I've been clean for three months
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:30:20 pm »
That's right.  I haven't touched WoW.

But..... I'm thinking about doing it again.

What should I do?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: I've been clean for three months
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 05:48:03 pm »
it's a trap
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 05:51:54 pm »
I haven't  touched it in about a month! I've been so produtive. But, I too have the urge. I've got a 74 hunter just begging to hit 80! :-(
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 05:58:56 pm by Armin »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 06:00:23 pm »
Play but control how often you do.  Just had my 2nd kid and I've stopped raiding completely and play on occasion to level alts.  Level'd my Mage to 69 and half ass twinked him ( 9.5k hp / 9.5k mana / 800sp ), may finish him may not.  But I don't have to worry about getting bitched at for missing a progression run ( We're 10/14 Ulduar25 atm ) as they all know my situation ;o
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 06:28:16 pm »
Play.  If you want to raid, join a casual raiding guild.  A lot of those will have a set group of raiding members, but be in need of people who can sub.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 11:25:57 pm »
I'm reinstalling it at this moment. I don't think I'll play often, but I think a hunter would be enjoyable. At least I won't be the focus of most of the attention as a healer and tank.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 05:19:47 pm »
If anyone feels like playing Alliance side I still play frequently ( More than I would like to ), but won't be on all that much in the next ~two weeks.

Alliance @ Winterhoof ( PvE )

80 Paladin - Helas
80 Druid - Velanis
80 DK - Corgas
80 Shaman - Tarch

72 Rogue - Mertick
70 Priest - Eilane
69 Mage - Panda

I doubt I'll be on anything else *shrug*
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 10:30:48 am »
Ehh. I ran out of playtime but I'm leveling a nelf priest. First character I was planning to do 1-80 with.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline c0Ld

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 06:55:00 pm »
Eh, just remember why you quit the first time and realize that Blizzard only desires to milk the game for money at this point, so nothing has actually changed. I'd go play again right now if they released a classic-only server, but they've really let the game go. I'm just sitting content with 48172471 movie torrents until a good game is released, I'm hoping Modern Warfare 2 or Starcraft 2 fills that void.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 07:34:36 pm »
Eh, just remember why you quit the first time and realize that Blizzard only desires to milk the game for money at this point, so nothing has actually changed. I'd go play again right now if they released a classic-only server, but they've really let the game go. I'm just sitting content with 48172471 movie torrents until a good game is released, I'm hoping Modern Warfare 2 or Starcraft 2 fills that void.
Agreed. I miss Naxxaramas at 60 with nerdcraft. Was so much fun, I quit WoW a week later because it was too much fun and ate my life.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:44:49 pm by Armin »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 10:53:49 pm »
unfortunately i never raided pre-bc. i joined a AQ20 pug and we downed the first boss, but i had no idea what i was doing. when wow first came out, i only knew about pvp. so i eventually got to 60 on a warrior, and just did battlegrounds.

i don't really think they've let the game go, but i think we're seeing a side effect of an MMO lasting for such a long time. there's not a whole lot to do in the game that people didn't see during the original wow, and then saw again in BC, and now a third time in wotlk. they've thrown in some other things like world-pvp in wintergrasp, and vehicles. vehicles are kind of a flop, they don't really serve a purpose outside of wintergrasp. they're provide a slight luxury, which loses it's luster after like a day or two.

the reason i've slowly stopped playing wow is because i've just accepted the fact that i haven't really found a group of people that i enjoy playing with. i bounced around a lot of places and either i was too low of a level because i tried switching over to horde, or the people i played alliance with didn't play at the same times as i did. i hate the co-requisites of raiding, too: ventrilo, studying fights in advance, farming for hours of mats for pots, enchants, anything. i don't really enjoy playing friendly/nice with people that i don't know, so wow raiding with random people really wasn't my thing - especially with vent. i'd get so angry at the dbags on vent. just thinking about this makes me glad im not subscribed. hehe
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:00:30 pm by warz »

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 09:04:28 pm »
Play.  If you want to raid, join a casual raiding guild.  A lot of those will have a set group of raiding members, but be in need of people who can sub.
I tried but then my guild wanted my priest back for raiding Ulduar ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhh

Blaze Edit:  Less table breakage.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:37:32 pm by Blaze »
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 10:56:37 pm »
I tried but then my guild wanted my priest back for raiding Ulduar
say no?
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 11:17:57 pm »
I tried but then my guild wanted my priest back for raiding Ulduar
say no?
Exactly.  If they truly are a casual raiding guild then there shouldn't be an issue.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 02:57:20 am »
Ulduar sucks anyways

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 06:41:09 am »
Ulduar sucks anyways

+1 Flame Leviathan FTL

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 01:23:26 pm »
I had a lot of fun in Ulduar.  Flame Leviathan was too easy.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...