Author Topic: Keyboard  (Read 8696 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Keyboard
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:18:53 am »
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:36:15 am »
Based on the reviews, I'd say the RAZER. That is, unless you value a mechanical keyboard enough to take the risk of buying a keyboard with broken keys.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:39:12 am »
I have a razer lycosa, which looks identical to that arcosa you linked. The lycosa is nice. My favorite aspect of it is that the keys light up. Other than that it gets really dirty really easily.

I really wanted a steel series keyboard, which looks almost identical to the abs one you linked. So, personally, I'd probably get that abs keyboard. I just like the rounded look it has.

Edit: I just read the first review of that ABS. Don't buy it. "Will only respond to one keypress at a time. If you are holding down CTRL and press S, it will ignore the S. Of course, this makes this keyboard absolutely 100% worthless." That sounds horrible. I don't think I've ever even had a keyboard that does that. My razer supports up to like 4 different keys simultaneously. You'll never press that many, but it's nice if you're button mashing in WoW. I used to always make my computer beep from pressing too many keys on WoW prior to buying my Lycosa.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:41:32 am by warz »
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 01:58:46 am »
The Arctosa is essential the Lycosa with backlightning. I think the black on black is sexy.

warz how's typing on that versus the one I currently have which is essentially one of those rubber dome ones.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 02:40:41 am »
The Arctosa is essential the Lycosa with backlightning. I think the black on black is sexy.

warz how's typing on that versus the one I currently have which is essentially one of those rubber dome ones.

Just like any other keyboard, to be honest. I got my Lycosa for like 65 bucks, so the newegg price is much cheaper. It's cool looking, and works well, but at the end of the day it's just a keyboard. :P

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 02:45:39 am »
but at the end of the day it's just a keyboard. :P
Spoken like someone that really doesn't understand keyboards.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 03:13:41 am »
deadly, any input on that keyboard, or your recommendations?

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:43 am »
Edit: I just read the first review of that ABS. Don't buy it. "Will only respond to one keypress at a time. If you are holding down CTRL and press S, it will ignore the S. Of course, this makes this keyboard absolutely 100% worthless." That sounds horrible. I don't think I've ever even had a keyboard that does that. My razer supports up to like 4 different keys simultaneously. You'll never press that many, but it's nice if you're button mashing in WoW. I used to always make my computer beep from pressing too many keys on WoW prior to buying my Lycosa.

I noticed that.. but if you continue reading you can see that the manufacturer response claims to have fixed that.

Overall, it comes down to personal preference.. Perhaps you like slim, laptop-like keys. Or, if you're a neat freak, you want one that isn't going to show grime easily. I dunno.. seems like its really your decision.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 04:04:11 am »
Spoken like someone that really doesn't understand keyboards.

They're too complicated for me.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 05:37:25 am »
deadly: keyboard expert
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 08:35:11 am »
I know a number of people that are happy with the Razer.  I don't know anything about the brand "abs" so my vote would go to the former.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 02:24:54 pm »
Personally, I'd buy this keyboard: http://www.steelseries.com/images/18/1561-1866.jpg

That is, if I were willing to spend $100+ on a keyboard.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline c0Ld

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 03:27:39 pm »
I've got a friend with the ABS M1 -- the hardware issues with it only responding to one key press at a time are fixed. It's a really nice keyboard and won't be on sale forever, I'd recommend it. I've thought about getting one for myself.