Author Topic: Re: Even Biden recognizes Obama is useless w/out TOTUS  (Read 10650 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Even Biden recognizes Obama is useless w/out TOTUS
« on: July 16, 2009, 12:09:55 pm »
It's not news, it's Fox.
Oh I'm sorry, you didn't get the hint when this was deleted before?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 06:13:45 pm by iago »
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 06:16:25 pm »
It's not news, it's Fox.
Warrior is the type that thinks moderating retarded comments is for other people. I figure, I save more time hitting 'remove' when I click on the topic than others are wasting by viewing his nonsense. So, though I never delete the original stuff (I leave that up to rabbit), I'll delete re-posts whenever I can.

Sometimes, it just requires somebody else to post something non-retarded to the thread to get it going again. Other times, it's best just to lock it. Either way.. :)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 06:57:43 pm »
It's not news, it's Fox.
Warrior is the type that thinks moderating retarded comments is for other people. I figure, I save more time hitting 'remove' when I click on the topic than others are wasting by viewing his nonsense. So, though I never delete the original stuff (I leave that up to rabbit), I'll delete re-posts whenever I can.

Sometimes, it just requires somebody else to post something non-retarded to the thread to get it going again. Other times, it's best just to lock it. Either way.. :)

I don't think what I said that was trashed was inaccurate, off topic, or flamed anyone.
Hell, I don't think it was much different than what you posted.

It is not news, it is Fox, which is wildly different from a news organization. If you or anyone else sees an issue with the legitimacy of that claim, you're free to challenge me on it, but I think someone tried it before, and got buried in so many sources that the discussion promptly ended.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 07:46:44 pm »
It's not news, it's Fox.

I don't think what I said that was trashed was inaccurate, off topic, or flamed anyone.
Hell, I don't think it was much different than what you posted.

It is not news, it is Fox, which is wildly different from a news organization. If you or anyone else sees an issue with the legitimacy of that claim, you're free to challenge me on it, but I think someone tried it before, and got buried in so many sources that the discussion promptly ended.
Then post something different (like you just did), or talk to rabbit about it, or something. I just follow his moderation. I don't really care about the post itself.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 07:56:41 pm »
I shouldn't have to cut a deal with a mod just to keep my posts (which were wrongly trashed) where they belong,

I seem to remember you taking a stand against his history of excessive moderation before, and your blind compliance with whatever he does is a confusing flip on your previous stance.

However, if you want, I can start posting follow ups to every one of my posts explaining why it should not be trashed.

All I ask for, is that if I'm wrong on something, call me out on it, don't trash it because you disagree with it. (By you, I don't mean you but whoever is trashing, deleting, and ultimately closing the thread.)

One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 08:20:37 pm »
I don't think the post was wrongly trashed. Perhaps it didn't fall cleanly into the "bad stuff" posts, but politics is especially sensitive to trolling, and, if the moderator felt it was pushing the bar, then I'm fine with it. Also, you and CrAz3d are well known for trolling, so I assume rabbit is even more sensitive to useless/trollish posts by you two.

I still agree with avoiding excessive moderation, but at the same time the Politics board quickly degrades into crap without strong moderation (which is why I've left rabbit as a moderator, even though I frequently disagree with this methods). Unless everybody is willing to work together and act mature, a balance has to be struck.

For what it's worth, he's deleted posts I made, too. When that happens, I either ignore it (let the trashed post speak from there), or I re-post a "cleaned up" version. Either way, I don't make a big deal out of it, or post over and over.

Speaking of which, re-posted deleted material is just a waste of my time. It means that every time you re-post it, I get a <new> icon by the thread, click on it, and discover I wasted my time. It's annoying.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 08:25:02 pm »
A good solution is to not delete it, seems to work well for me. There's not much I can revise out of two words, and there's nothing wrong with what I posted.

That's where I have the problem, and if a moderator wants to be a pain to me, then I will make myself a bigger pain to them. I'm pretty good at it too.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 08:38:30 pm »
It's easier to hit "delete" than for you to re-post it.. and there are more hitting "delete" than posting. :)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 08:54:13 pm »
Ok, I'll take you up on your challenge.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 09:14:54 pm »
If you mean a challenge to write more thoughtful/less glib posts, then you're on!

If you mean a challenge to talk to rabbit and come to a consensus, you're on!

If you mean posting crap and wasting everybody's time, including your own, don't feel the need. :P

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 09:46:14 pm »
You've still yet to show me how my trashed post was bad. When someone trashes a good post I make, I will repost it, again, and again, until the thread is locked, and if I still feel I havn't gotten my point across, I'll make a new thread.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 10:48:20 pm »
If you mean posting crap and wasting everybody's time, including your own, don't feel the need. :P
Yeah but that would only apply if Warrior had, y'know, something good to do with his time... I mean, Obama's nuts can only be sucked SO much in a day.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 11:32:49 pm »
You've still yet to show me how my trashed post was bad. When someone trashes a good post I make, I will repost it, again, and again, until the thread is locked, and if I still feel I havn't gotten my point across, I'll make a new thread.
I told you, that's rabbit's call -- take it up with him.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 11:34:13 pm »
Yeah but that would only apply if Warrior had, y'know, something good to do with his time... I mean, Obama's nuts can only be sucked SO much in a day.

You're hurting me, please stop.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 11:34:53 pm »
I told you, that's rabbit's call -- take it up with him.

So I take it you can't? Ok.
It's been your call before obviously, but when you cant justify it, yet still want it trashed, it's not your call.