Author Topic: Warrior  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Warrior
« on: September 13, 2009, 09:38:10 am »
I am very busy these days, but I wanted to write a brief note in support of Warrior.  

With some exceptions, it seems that the clan is being controlled by a consensus amongst like-minded, but largely inactive members.  These members often do not participate in discussions, or start new discussions; however, they are certainly active in one respect: the voting process.  They have great influence over a place they hardly contribute to, or visit.  And this influence is being used against the active contributors -- the life-force of the forum.

If this continues to happen, the forum will be dead quite soon.  There will no longer be anything left to vote about.  It seems that most of the recent decisions are geared towards making this a seemingly friendly, uncontroversial place, in which people agree, are very 'normal', and are not passionate.

This is boring, and it's not originally what I thought the clan was about.  It's not something I want anything to do with.

People like Warrior keep this forum alive, even if some of his actions seem destructive in the short term.  Pushing him out is/was a big mistake.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:44:43 am by Rule »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Warrior
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:47:44 am »
There's nothing stopping him from still posting or reapplying. It's not like we banned him or threw him out and burned a bridge.

We still let CrAz3D post, after all. (Not comparing CrAz3D to Warrior in terms of intellectual capacity, but throwing it out there.)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 09:50:51 am »
Removing him from the clan is a rejection of his influence on the forums.  It seems like the clan is becoming a group of mutes, who just nod 'yay' or 'nay' when a vote comes around -- and the decision is usually made to make things less controversial, and more uniform.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 10:48:54 am »
I wholly disagree. Warrior was one of the most destructive elements to the clan.

I have an issue with giving rights to certain members but not to other members -- I'm of the feeling that all members should be treated equally. The issue is, people like Warrior will exploit the rights however he can, and get angry if people try to stop him. He'll look for any crack in the rules and try to force it open. As a result, if I want to treat all members equally, I have to restrict the rights of *all* members, and that hurts things.

He's also the type to use threats and intimidation to get his way. He'll make demands, and threaten you if he doesn't think he's going to get them. And the worst part is, when people notice that what he does works, they start doing it to (to an extent). I mean, if it works for him, why wouldn't it work for me?

As a result of these, it's my opinion that he was driving people away and, to an extent, tearing the forum apart. You don't see the conversations that happen on the members board, but I think you'd understand it a lot better if you did. It got to the point where 86% of the members thought he was destructive to the clan -- that's a pretty good majority.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 11:45:37 am »
Removing him from the clan is a rejection of his influence on the forums.  It seems like the clan is becoming a group of mutes, who just nod 'yay' or 'nay' when a vote comes around -- and the decision is usually made to make things less controversial, and more uniform.

*jerking off hand motion*

QQ
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 03:06:11 pm »
Removing him from the clan is a rejection of his influence on the forums.  It seems like the clan is becoming a group of mutes, who just nod 'yay' or 'nay' when a vote comes around -- and the decision is usually made to make things less controversial, and more uniform.

*jerking off hand motion*

your mom does that for me
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:08:38 pm by Rule »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 03:27:40 pm »
I feel like I should say I never really supported his removal.  Had I known the vote would pass, I'd have been more supportive of him.  I didn't vote at all, which was maybe a little silly, but I was lazy, and I really didn't expect anything to happen.

While I'll agree that his trolling is sometimes a little distracting and maybe discourages meaningful discussion in some areas, I did often find it amusing, and I think it was probably a fairly significant contribution to the activity on the forum.

In summary, I think it's a little lame that we booted him.  :\

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 06:49:54 pm »
I find it surprising that we're talking about the same Warrior. Maybe it's because I'm the only leader who really has to deal with the trouble he causes, but I've been hoping he'd get kicked out for years. I never really thought he would, due to the nature of the voting process, but he made it hard to keep him this time.

During his whole voting process, he acted out and was constantly attacking others. Apparently, a lot of people who are generally in favour of having him around changed their minds this time.

If you go through his post history for the past month, I'm not sure how you can be surprised that his vote passed.

<edit> Also, I've always seen x86 as being a tight community, where everybody is friends and nobody causes trouble. That's why we didn't put any tight restrictions on members, and made it difficult to vote people in. Unfortunately, a couple member didn't fit with that -- Warrior and Craz3d. They both enjoyed causing trouble. I'm happy that they're both finally out, and I can once again feel more like an observer than a babysitter.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 07:01:38 pm by iago »

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 08:38:56 pm »
your mom does that for me

lol u mad
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 08:50:00 pm »
damn.  warrior and I both got the boot?  thank God yall didnt ban us in the whole.  This place would DIE.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 12:33:45 am »
I was wondering what happened to warrior. I havent seen one of his obama rama posts in a while.