Author Topic: Chrome OS -- Concept  (Read 13631 times)

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Chrome OS -- Concept
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 01:40:36 pm »
The base price of VZW's unlimited data plan is $30/mo, but you get 20% off (of the unlimited data plan) if you renew your contract when you buy a droid. That stacks with other discounts - for example, I get another 10% off for working at my company.

orly?

Well, hmm.  I get a 21% discount with my company, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad then.  And the $90 might be incorrect, as I was basing that off of my friend who also has one of the Verizon netbooks he got for free for signing up for a 2-year contract thing, whatever that promotion they were advertising back during the summer in addition to his Droid.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
Re: Chrome OS -- Concept
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 02:30:32 pm »
They charge differently for using their network with a computer, because they know you're going to use more data than you would on a handset. If the FCC ever gets involved, they will probably put an end to that, but that's just how it is for now.

How do you figure $90/mo, though? $40/mo for voice, $30/mo for data, $10/mo for texting only comes out to $80/mo, and that's assuming you get those plans, and is before any discounts.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!