Author Topic: what's up, check out my music!  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
what's up, check out my music!
« on: June 04, 2010, 02:15:51 pm »
http://www.myspace.com/stevenhildenbrand

Let me know what you guys think.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: what's up, check out my music!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 02:56:05 pm »
Well...you're on myspace, white, and rapping.  I think that sums up my point quite clearly.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 04:00:22 pm »
It's rap.  Who cares.  It's all the same nowadays.

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 08:22:51 pm »
Let's battle.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 09:21:17 pm »
Kudos for creating anything in the first place; always feels good. The music sounds rather lackluster. Nobody is going to enjoy these songs the way you do, so what they think is irrelevant until you hone your voice and songwriting abilities, if you intend to take it that far.

Since it seems as more of a hobby, just keep doing it for your personal creative experience.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:33:55 pm by Armin »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 02:20:37 am »
Kudos for creating anything in the first place; always feels good. The music sounds rather lackluster. Nobody is going to enjoy these songs the way you do, so what they think is irrelevant until you hone your voice and songwriting abilities, if you intend to take it that far.

Since it seems as more of a hobby, just keep doing it for your personal creative experience.

rabbit: Yes, I never  claim to be anyhting but white. And I don't spit "niggah im from the hood blah blah blah" so honestly your comment sounds stupid.

crazed: ^^

trust: yeah, anytime

armin: like yeah I know you're very successful and I love your music but honestly bro, "never stopping" is kinda ehh but EVERYONE that's head "forever in time" think's its pretty fucking incredible. so idk bro. My lyrics are spot on, my voice is the only thing lacking.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 12:30:26 am »
Lyrics always come last for me, wasn't really including them in my judgement. I had turned off Forever in Time before the chorus hit, which is actually pretty decent, so job well done on that. The vocal rhythmic phrasing on the verses is really boring and makes the part just drag. The guitar parts don't really do anything for me. Overall though, better than what I had heard the first time I visited your page.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 01:14:52 am »
You don't sound like you're rapping, if you follow. It sounds like you're just speaking into a mic. I mean, that's generally rap, but I almost feel that your lyrics/singing don't go with the instruments.

(Listening to Forever In Time as a reference.)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.