Author Topic: Java Op  (Read 18696 times)

Offline sm3

• View Profile
Java Op
« on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:33 am »
I really want to start using JavaOp for my Ubuntu 10 because I cannot get stealth-bot to work.

I have been reading all of the introductions and things, but theres a problem. The problem is that when I try to download any .Zip files, they all take me to 404 pages. Any help?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Java Op
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 02:58:33 am »
Sorry. The GoogleCode site now hosts the downloads.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 03:06:52 am »
Someone should really change the download links and descriptions on the website to reflect that fact. But thanks for the info ^^

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 03:15:37 am »
So I got the latest one that said "All plugins included" and it's still asking me to find a plugin folder...?

I didn't let the extraction complete... so... thanks ^^ I think it's working now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 03:19:27 am by sm3 »

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 03:26:23 am »
Someone should really change the download links and descriptions on the website to reflect that fact. But thanks for the info ^^

Which site is still referring to the old download links? If it's javaop.com, iago hosts that still and we're both too lazy to fix it, I think.

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 03:48:08 am »
Yea... thats the one that comes up when I googled JavaOP.

I'm trying to connect, but I must be missing something.

It goes up to

"[03:47:18.833] INFO: [BNET] CD-Key and version check successful. Attempting to log in.." and then it freezes. Also, if I goto global settings and change the font size, it doesn't change any of the font sizes even after program restart.

Also, is it inable to do profile stuff?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:31:00 am by sm3 »

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 11:42:30 am »
Thanks for reporting the font size bug. I fixed that and committed it to the SVN, so next time I release it, that should be fixed for you.

That login issue seems IP-ban related. What happens if you try it again 12-24 hours later?

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 01:54:57 pm »
It's working now... but the auto-retry should be put on a delay or something. When I accidentally put in the wrong password and hit enter, it flooded my screen with retries so quickly that It had tried a bunch of times by the time I could hit "disconnect." I think that got me IPbanned temporarily.

The only things that are really bothering me is that when I type in the box, I cannot see my text, and the fact that everyone has an asterisk(*) next to their name. Is there any way I can turn these off?

I tried deleting one of my bots, and it closed the program but the bot was still there when I started it again.

Also, the thing that makes everyones name a different color is kind of annoying. I tried to turn it off, and I've restarted the program several times, but it's still not off.

Another feature suggestion I would have is to be able to type something, and then right click on someones name and hit "Whisper" to send it to them.

I like it how this is just becoming an All-purpose like thread... I'm not really sure if it's digressing though, considering the broad title.

P.S. When is the visual profile stuff going to work? I want to be able to edit my profile without getting on my netbook's stealthbot to do it. xD
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:44:14 am by sm3 »

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 10:13:04 pm »
I just got an idea for a new sig :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:22:09 pm by Lance »
Quote from: Joe
[23:55:31] [william@enterprise ~/Documents/Programming/javaop2]$ svn commit -m 'Tried to fix StayConnected. Again.'
Committed revision 63.
StayConnected strikes back!

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 03:25:39 am »
[23:55:31] [william@enterprise ~/Documents/Programming/javaop2]$ svn commit -m 'Using correct syntax for lance'

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:33 am »
[23:55:31] [william@enterprise ~/Documents/Programming/javaop2]$ svn commit -m 'Using correct syntax for lance'
oh ty ;D
[23:55:31] [william@enterprise ~/Documents/Programming/javaop2]$ svn commit -m 'Tried to fix StayConnected. Again.'
Committed revision 63.

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 12:25:30 pm »
So, out of curiosity, will any of the things I mentioned be fixed in the next version to your knowledge?

The Java OP website really needs to update it's information, especially on the move in file hosting... I mean, I don't wish to push you guys, especially on freeware, but it was incredibly hard for me to find the download for it.

Also, does anyone know how to edit profiles in this bot? I'm about to look at the forums and other stuff, but figured I might ask here since I was already typing this message.

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 02:51:13 pm »
We understand what you are saying. The previous lead developer dropped the project so things slowed down activity (and, consequently) development wise. As Joe said previously, it is hard to maintain something when there are no bug reports. The lack of activity really harms the development of the bot to the point where users experience issues like yours. The previous lead developer also still hosts the site, but does not update it (or give access to someone that will). This is pretty much the root cause of the problems you are experiencing.

iago.

Just had to let that out. :P
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:57:05 pm by Lance »
Committed revision 63.

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 08:26:07 pm »
Ohh ;) I see. Why won't he give someone else admin to the site? Can he be contacted? 

I'm trying to give some bug reports here in this form ^^; If you guys need anything to be tested, Say so. I'm running Ubuntu 10.4

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 09:00:17 pm »
The original developer is iago, who is still quite active (sans JavaOp2 development/management).

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 10:19:40 pm »
Ohh... so he just doesn't work on the site anymore?

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:07 am »
I have access to the JavaOp website. I'll get around to updating it.
It's working now... but the auto-retry should be put on a delay or something. When I accidentally put in the wrong password and hit enter, it flooded my screen with retries so quickly that It had tried a bunch of times by the time I could hit "disconnect." I think that got me IPbanned temporarily.

Good idea.

The only things that are really bothering me is that when I type in the box, I cannot see my text, and the fact that everyone has an asterisk(*) next to their name. Is there any way I can turn these off?

You're on Diablo II, I'm assuming? That's part of how Battle.net works.

I tried deleting one of my bots, and it closed the program but the bot was still there when I started it again.

I'll look into this.

Also, the thing that makes everyones name a different color is kind of annoying. I tried to turn it off, and I've restarted the program several times, but it's still not off.

I looked into this quickly and didn't see anything obvious. I'll have to put a bit more eyeballing into it.

Another feature suggestion I would have is to be able to type something, and then right click on someones name and hit "Whisper" to send it to them.
Another good idea, but I don't know how to do context menus in Java, let alone do this in an intuitive way.

P.S. When is the visual profile stuff going to work? I want to be able to edit my profile without getting on my netbook's stealthbot to do it. xD

I thought the bot had a visual profile editor, but perhaps not.

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 06:43:42 am »
What do you mean thats part of how battle.net works? When I was on stealthbot I could see what I was typing, and on here I found out that I can see what I'm typing if I highlight the text box.

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 08:07:55 am »
I have access to the JavaOp website. I'll get around to updating it.

EDIT: I thought of a much better solution than an index script.

Code: (".htaccess") [Select]
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . http://javaop.googlecode.com [L,R=301]
</IfModule>

What do you mean thats part of how battle.net works? When I was on stealthbot I could see what I was typing, and on here I found out that I can see what I'm typing if I highlight the text box.

I am experiencing this issue as well. The chat text area font color is the same as the background (white), and can only be seen when highlighted. Also, I think Joe was referring just to the asterisk part.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:38:19 am by Lance »
Committed revision 63.

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 03:06:00 pm »
Ahh.... did you change the font color for the new version? or you could be like Stealthbot and change the background color, if Java allows for that.

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 10:17:54 am »
Ahh.... did you change the font color for the new version? or you could be like Stealthbot and change the background color, if Java allows for that.
I think this is just a bug.
Committed revision 63.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 10:25:34 am »
For what it's worth, I have given joe access to the site multiple times. He currently has a working account to modify it.

Much like the x86 site he assured us he'd keep up to date, he just doesn't. :P

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 10:33:41 am »
For what it's worth, I have given joe access to the site multiple times. He currently has a working account to modify it.

Much like the x86 site he assured us he'd keep up to date, he just doesn't. :P

If you give me ftp access I will be more than happy to do it for Joe. :)
Committed revision 63.

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 02:18:08 pm »
sm3, I have a treat for you! :)

Revision 69 (compiled) can be download here.
Committed revision 63.

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 03:25:07 pm »
Haha. Awesome, I like the new window options, and the new objects in the right click menu. The "help" section is nice too, with expanded information... but whenever I open one of the info pages, all of the text is really small and unreadable... as well as being what I think is a blusish-brown color on a blue background. There should be a general/typical "about" section that just displays a logo or something and the version number/build.

It would also be awesome if you made the text black when it's in your typing bar... if you can. Unless thats under color settings... color settings should be a global setting, I think.. but I guess it's ok as is.

When I try to delete a bot, It still just closes the window and doesn't delete the bot.

I also like it how the new version imported my old bots... how'd it do that? Where's the stuff saved?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:29:33 pm by sm3 »

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 05:06:21 pm »
Haha. Awesome, I like the new window options, and the new objects in the right click menu. The "help" section is nice too, with expanded information... but whenever I open one of the info pages, all of the text is really small and unreadable... as well as being what I think is a blusish-brown color on a blue background. There should be a general/typical "about" section that just displays a logo or something and the version number/build.

It would also be awesome if you made the text black when it's in your typing bar... if you can. Unless thats under color settings... color settings should be a global setting, I think.. but I guess it's ok as is.

When I try to delete a bot, It still just closes the window and doesn't delete the bot.

I also like it how the new version imported my old bots... how'd it do that? Where's the stuff saved?
I am sure Joe will fix those things. :P

The settings, etc. are saved in the .javaop2 folder under the user's home directory.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:08:09 pm by Lance »
Committed revision 63.

Offline sm3

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 05:14:43 pm »
Scratch anything I said in this post prior to making it into this message... XD I just made a stupid mistake.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:17:05 pm by sm3 »