Author Topic: !  (Read 14688 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
!
« on: October 22, 2010, 04:49:12 pm »
What's everyone up to?  I'm incredibly bored.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: !
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 05:00:24 pm »
hallo good sir.

Grad school.  Internships.  Lying about on the beaches of Oahu.  It's fun.

whats you up to?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 05:01:53 pm »
Working for Tenable Network Security doing reverse engineering (my business card says 'vulnerability research engineer'). Maintaining my blog, which is decently popular in infosec. Pissing off corps like Facebook and Microsoft. And speaking at various conferences.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:07:04 pm »
Working for Tenable Network Security doing reverse engineering (my business card says 'vulnerability research engineer'). Maintaining my blog, which is decently popular in infosec. Pissing off corps like Facebook and Microsoft. And speaking at various conferences.

So, when one of those corps secretly murders you and blames it on a suicide, can I have your new server (minus hard drives, which will obviously already be gone)?
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:48:03 pm »
Writing financial management software for an auto finance company....and that's pretty much it

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 08:10:16 pm »
Writing websites for a video games company.  8)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Falcon

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 10:18:29 pm »
Trying to survive school.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 12:54:08 pm »

You should link the blog to x86 so we get memberz!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 03:52:41 pm »

You should link the blog to x86 so we get memberz!

Haha.  That sentence is humorously ambiguous.  At first, I thought you meant give us a link to his blog.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 03:46:33 am »
Trying to survive school.

Second two years of a physics program + second two years of a computer science program + running a non-profit organization (social fraternity)'s finances + work = stress x 40000.

4 midterms this upcoming week. First one tomorrow at 2. Algorithm analysis & design. We'll see how I do. With the practice problems, they've been either hit or miss with getting them right.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 08:42:55 am »
Finishing up my final year in college. Evaluating post-grad options (aka looking for a job, considering grad school programs, and working on business plans to search for investors). Still seeing the lawyer.

This is a good topic idea...life updates.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Falcon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 07:09:29 pm »
3 upcoming exams next week: probability and stats monday, electrical network analysis and data structures and algorithms on tuesday. No halloween for me :(

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 02:52:22 pm »
Life isn't so great, but I am trying to make it better.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 05:16:13 pm »
Music, everyday, nothing else. Now living in West LA, close to hollywood.

playing shows between Arizona and LA every month, headlined a festival in Germany in August, had a good timeslot at the Sunset Strip Music Festival in Hollywood, got a monthly residency at the Whisky a GoGo. went on a date friday with one of the doublemint twins 8). for shits and giggles, today I'll record one note and bury it in the mix in a new Jay Z song, a new Britney Spears song, and a super bowl commercial my friend is mixing.

I'm just starting to reap the rewards of my work efforts. Still have a loonnnngg way to go, but it feels good.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 05:22:39 pm »
Music, everyday, nothing else. Now living in West LA, close to hollywood.

playing shows between Arizona and LA every month, headlined a festival in Germany in August, had a good timeslot at the Sunset Strip Music Festival in Hollywood, got a monthly residency at the Whisky a GoGo. went on a date friday with one of the doublemint twins 8). for shits and giggles, today I'll record one note and bury it in the mix in a new Jay Z song, a new Britney Spears song, and a super bowl commercial my friend is mixing.

I'm just starting to reap the rewards of my work efforts. Still have a loonnnngg way to go, but it feels good.

hahaha.  that's awesome.  how'd the date go?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 05:55:04 pm »
it went well, she's a cool chick and I think she's into me. we're hanging out again soon, so we'll see where it goes. 8)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:05:10 pm by Armin »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 06:59:30 pm »
it went well, she's a cool chick and I think she's into me. we're hanging out again soon, so we'll see where it goes. 8)

lol, badass.  she's actually a twin, then?  i'm very amused by this.  how'd you meet?

this one, right?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 11:26:05 pm »
I fucking hate my life.  

Ok, I'm exaggerating, I just fucking hate where I live.

Other than that my life is boring... I wake up, go to work for 9+ hours, come home, eat dinner, do shit on the computer, and watch TV/sleep.  Shit's going to get even worse now that winter is approaching... I think I have SAD to some degree.

I do some volunteering with the local animal welfare organization every other Saturday.  I've started to go to mass every Sunday and have enrolled in the local parish's RCIA program in order to receive the last of my sacraments (Sacrament of Confirmation, which I never completed during my rebellious teenage years just to spite my mother)... all as a last resort to try and find some kind of purpose and meaning to my life besides education and career related aspirations.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:51:59 pm by while1 »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 12:05:09 am »
Maryland is pretty miserable.  I hate the east coast in general, I think.

I definitely think you should consider moving to California or something.  Northrop has a bunch of offices out there, right?  It seems like moving around within big companies is pretty easy.  You should do it!

I'm not sure what's going to happen with me next summer.  I've applied to a bunch of internships and I'm not really sure which ones I'd take over others if I get offers, but it's quite possible I'll end up in California too. :)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 12:24:25 am »
yeah man, come to cali!

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 01:59:28 am »
I fucking hate my life.  

Other than that my life is boring... I wake up, go to work for 9+ hours, come home, eat dinner, do shit on the computer, and watch TV/sleep.  Shit's going to get even worse now that winter is approaching... I think I have SAD to some degree.

I do some volunteering with the local animal welfare organization every other Saturday.  I've started to go to mass every Sunday and have enrolled in the local parish's RCIA program in order to receive the last of my sacraments (Sacrament of Confirmation, which I never completed during my rebellious teenage years just to spite my mother)... all as a last resort to try and find some kind of purpose and meaning to my life besides education and career related aspirations.

You should start watching sports. Basketball just started.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 02:33:16 am »
I fucking hate my life.  

-_-

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 08:45:39 am »

I definitely think you should consider moving to California or something.  Northrop has a bunch of offices out there, right?  It seems like moving around within big companies is pretty easy.  You should do it!

I'm not sure what's going to happen with me next summer.  I've applied to a bunch of internships and I'm not really sure which ones I'd take over others if I get offers, but it's quite possible I'll end up in California too. :)

I'll agree with that.  I hate it here.  As for the East Coast though, I've spent most of my live in Virginia ( Virginia Beach area to be exact ) and I love it there.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 08:47:36 am »
-_-
This reminds me of a convo I had with you when you mentioned that you overheard a group of bros and all they were talking about is working out. You were ashamed of mankind.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 11:44:52 am »

I'll agree with that.  I hate it here.  As for the East Coast though, I've spent most of my live in Virginia ( Virginia Beach area to be exact ) and I love it there.

Northrop has a huge office in the Norfolk/VB area, while1, maybe look around there? There's also a lot of additional engineering jobs with the high amount of shipping into the port and also on the rails with Norfolk Southern.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 01:19:50 pm »
Get a woman...you'll eventually be wishing for your humdrum life back. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 02:31:41 pm »

Fuck Maryland.  I guess I liked Annapolis, but it was all crap other than that.

I guess I shouldn't generalize, but I don't like the people, the atmosphere or the weather.  I think I'll live in Cali. :)

-_-
This reminds me of a convo I had with you when you mentioned that you overheard a group of bros and all they were talking about is working out. You were ashamed of mankind.

hahahaha... yeah.  I forget where that was, but I faintly remember it.  Fucking bros.

Get a woman...you'll eventually be wishing for your humdrum life back. 

Yeah... grass is always greener, I guess.  I definitely miss being able to program for days at a time uninterrupted.

At least she makes me food?  Haha... kidding.  I wouldn't go back, but there are definitely things I miss from my bachelor days.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 02:53:43 pm »
Yeah... grass is always greener, I guess.  I definitely miss being able to program for days at a time uninterrupted.

At least she makes me food?  Haha... kidding.  I wouldn't go back, but there are definitely things I miss from my bachelor days.
Ah, yes. I feel the same way. Well, not the programming part, but definitely in terms of other hobbies I had. Oh well, eh?
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 07:04:30 pm »
I spent my night putting up halloween decorations.  First, I think halloween is a lame holiday to celebrate.  Second, we're having a party here with a bunch of people she knows and I dont (I'm new to town, so dont know many people period).  However, I am contemplating dressing up as something that'd embarrass her.  Problem is not everyone knows (she has kept it dl) we are screwing. 

You all, give me uber geeky halloween costume ideas.  Last year I went as swineflu (pig w/wings)...she rolled her eyes at me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 08:10:58 pm »

Ah, yes. I feel the same way. Well, not the programming part, but definitely in terms of other hobbies I had. Oh well, eh?

Yeah -- oh well. :)

I spent my night putting up halloween decorations.  First, I think halloween is a lame holiday to celebrate.  Second, we're having a party here with a bunch of people she knows and I dont (I'm new to town, so dont know many people period).  However, I am contemplating dressing up as something that'd embarrass her.  Problem is not everyone knows (she has kept it dl) we are screwing. 

You all, give me uber geeky halloween costume ideas.  Last year I went as swineflu (pig w/wings)...she rolled her eyes at me.

Hahaha... swine flu.  I love it.

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Russell's Celestial Teapot
Zombie

You could go as a trash dumpster and say you're the economy.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 08:36:57 pm »
I fucking hate my life. 

Other than that my life is boring... I wake up, go to work for 9+ hours, come home, eat dinner, do shit on the computer, and watch TV/sleep.  Shit's going to get even worse now that winter is approaching... I think I have SAD to some degree.

I do some volunteering with the local animal welfare organization every other Saturday.  I've started to go to mass every Sunday and have enrolled in the local parish's RCIA program in order to receive the last of my sacraments (Sacrament of Confirmation, which I never completed during my rebellious teenage years just to spite my mother)... all as a last resort to try and find some kind of purpose and meaning to my life besides education and career related aspirations.

-_-

My reaction as well to this.

Aye, I'm from Virginia as well, from the 757 area, albeit not VA Beach.  I miss VA, just not its state troopers and speeding tickets.

Northrop has a huge office in the Norfolk/VB area, while1, maybe look around there? There's also a lot of additional engineering jobs with the high amount of shipping into the port and also on the rails with Norfolk Southern.

I heard from my co-workers that there's been rumors around for awhile now that corporate is looking to sell off (at least sell off parts of) the NG Shipbuilding sector.  And while there are probably jobs that I could get in that area, most of the Northrop's business there is not my area of technical expertise, I'd probably opt for NoVA if I seek employment in VA.

Overall, job security is the least of my worries as well as finding jobs... I guess what's stopped me from packing up and getting the hell out of here is that I mostly like my current job, boss, and co-workers as it is now.  If I didn't absolutely hate the area and life outside of work that location affords someone my age, I'd probably rate the job an 8 or 9 in terms of happiness with it.  Also, I feel a bit obligated to stay for at least 2-3 years, especially during this critical time in the program's schedule... bailing now or within the next six months would put my team in a tough position to meet all these upcoming deadlines.  =\

California, if the cost of living and poor state management weren't so god awful... I'd be less cynical about moving there.  Alas, I'll probably end up there eventually.  We'll see.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 09:08:43 pm »
Fuck california. At least the parts with cool stuff. I hate hate hate hot weather, I'll deal with snow over that shit ANY DAY.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 09:09:27 pm »

Go as a hardcore, stereotype of a redneck.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 09:41:41 pm »

A BSOD?
errr... something like that...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:02 am »

How is he supposed to dress up as himself ???

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 09:20:26 am »

How is he supposed to dress up as himself ???
I was hoping somebody would realize what I was going for! :D

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 11:24:41 am »
I went as a homeless dude one year...no one thought I looked any different than normal.  Damn.  Roommate suggested I go as John Wayne or something (I guess because she is going as "a Texan"), but she said I dress like that already.  I embarrass her when I wear my overalls, so I might try it...or at least just wear them normally someday when I go see her on campus.  Overalls + white tshirt + smokes rolled up in the sleeve?  hahaha!

The BSOD amuses me.  How to do it though.  Dress as death (but in blue) running a screen play?  ROFL!

p.s. I've decided to actually stop smoking.  Been almost a week.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:26:43 am by CrAz3D »

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 01:35:17 pm »
The BSOD amuses me.  How to do it though.  Dress as death (but in blue) running a screen play?  ROFL!
What the hell?

Apparently you didn't decide to quit smoking soon enough.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 02:12:39 pm »
haha.  like draw a screen pass play diagram on my blue death costume thing.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 04:09:34 pm »
That is probably the worst football joke I've ever heard. You should be ashamed to call yourself a redneck.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 05:26:36 pm »
I was going to dress as Captain Spock but I don't have time / money to find a blue Starfleet uniform. I'm probably going to get my parents to get my a mock turtleneck (who knows, I might wear it again) and dress as His Royal Steveness.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 06:36:58 pm »
That is probably the worst football joke I've ever heard. You should be ashamed to call yourself a redneck.
I don't know that I've ever called myself that.  Anyway, mentioned it to girl...girl rolled her eyes. 

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 07:40:14 pm »
Fuck, just got invited to go to some Halloween thingy Saturday night... crap, gotta think of a costume that I can put together on such short notice.  Crap.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 08:04:33 pm »
Fuck, just got invited to go to some Halloween thingy Saturday night... crap, gotta think of a costume that I can put together on such short notice.  Crap.

Bruce Li.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 08:09:36 pm »
Fuck, just got invited to go to some Halloween thingy Saturday night... crap, gotta think of a costume that I can put together on such short notice.  Crap.

Bruce Li.

-_-;

The name Bruce Li doesn't ring a bell.  The names Bruce Lee and Jet Li do, but even if I were to assume you were being serious, I look nothing like either of the two... both of whom are Chinese.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:19:49 pm by while1 »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 09:46:18 pm »
How about you go as a scary ghost?

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:49 am »
Go as a social butterfly.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 11:09:54 am »
Go as a social butterfly.

That's a pretty good one.  Just would have to think of how to do such a costume.

Butterfly wings and somehow craft a giant dialog bubble with wire above my head... hah, the hard part would be finding some butterfly wings >_>;