Author Topic: New Vayden Recording  (Read 7731 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: New Vayden Recording
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 10:58:06 am »
I think that's the point.  I think music that can conjure emotions is good music. 
I completely agree with you. I always tell people that if music doesn't stir-up some sort of emotion in me then I have no interest in listening to it.

Listen to the first few minutes of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1 and tell me you don't feel something. :)
When first listening to this I don't feel anything; however, I feel like classical music has a time and a place.  Currently, I have just woken up and kind of have a headache so I doubt this is a good time for me to listen to it.  I will try listening to it again eventually, but classical music in general is hard for me to get into.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 04:22:51 pm »
Excellent!  I loved it.  Did you guys design the whole thing?  I'm impressed... rather liked the whole thing. :)
My singer wrote the song. He generally tries to leave his lyrics somewhat open for interpretation. His brother was responsible for the video concept and execution, so what you see is his interpretation of the lyrics. He made it for his film class. The autistic girl in the video was also in his film class, and her role in our short film was an exchanged favor.

so written by my singer, recorded by us in our back room studio. some of the drums were programmed, the rest of them was my drummer mic'ed on a djembe. Mixed by our producer friend who does a lot of work with us. My singer's brother did all the filming and video editing himself.

other than that, no one else was involved.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 04:58:30 pm »
The video felt very professional, as did your music, as always.  Excellent work, guys!  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 06:34:02 pm »
I think that's the point.  I think music that can conjure emotions is good music. 
I completely agree with you. I always tell people that if music doesn't stir-up some sort of emotion in me then I have no interest in listening to it.

Listen to the first few minutes of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1 and tell me you don't feel something. :)
When first listening to this I don't feel anything; however, I feel like classical music has a time and a place.  Currently, I have just woken up and kind of have a headache so I doubt this is a good time for me to listen to it.  I will try listening to it again eventually, but classical music in general is hard for me to get into.

Try listening to Beethoven, both his symphonies and piano concertos. I like the piano concertos best, actually.

Beethoven is my favorite by far :-)

If you want to get into Tchaikovsky I would recommend 1812 Overture.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 12:31:27 pm »
For Tchaikovsky I'd recommend Oistrakh playing the violin concerto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNCeYKfAOZI

This link will only be up for a couple days :P.

Of course Bach is by far the greatest composer of music, objectively speaking.   :o

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 12:39:04 pm »
objectively speaking about music is like dancing about architecture.

killer concerto :)
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 03:13:24 pm »
For Tchaikovsky I'd recommend Oistrakh playing the violin concerto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNCeYKfAOZI

This link will only be up for a couple days :P.

Of course Bach is by far the greatest composer of music, objectively speaking.   :o

Rule!

Good to have you posting here.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 11:33:20 pm »
http://wjlafrance.net/downloads/private/savetheworld.mp3

Armin, if you want this taken down, let me know.

EDIT -
Oh, you have it hosted for free on your site, so I didn't have to download the YouTube video and strip it. Oh well. :P
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:37:25 pm by Joe »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.