Author Topic: Cataclysm!  (Read 8164 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Cataclysm!
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:19:45 pm »
Is just about here.  Did my re-roll and have my 80 Rogue / 78 Druid ( will be 80 by Tuesday ;o ) ready to go!

/is stoked
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Cataclysm!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 04:24:17 pm »
I remember when rogues were fun.  Now they're just like iago.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:29:28 pm »
They went from 'fun' to 'awesome'? Sweet!

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:17:40 pm »

I still have my original Rogue from vanilla ( if you remember :P ) but I've been having a blast with this new one.  Haven't really played mine in ages.

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline MyndFyre

• The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:59:26 am »

So, do you 'grep iago' on the forum a few times a day?  ;)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 07:50:41 am »

So, do you 'grep iago' on the forum a few times a day?  ;)
Nope, I just *read* the forum a few times a day. :P

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 03:15:08 pm »
Oh yeah! This is the stuff! This stuff gets you higher than the old WoW ... this digital drug is now probably as addictive as heroin.  You can never get enough and you gotta pay for each "hit".

Nah, but really, I don't play WoW.  I'm just giving you a hard time.  Diablo II was already a hard habit to break ... and that was just a gateway "drug".
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 10:05:05 pm »
Oh yeah! This is the stuff! This stuff gets you higher than the old WoW ... this digital drug is now probably as addictive as heroin.  You can never get enough and you gotta pay for each "hit".

Nah, but really, I don't play WoW.  I'm just giving you a hard time.  Diablo II was already a hard habit to break ... and that was just a gateway "drug".

WoW is a cheap way to pass time.  Tell me some other form of entertainment that offers you so much for $15/mo.

On that note, I play a lot.  But I'm by no means 'addicted', I play in my down time - which I have a lot of.

Offline MyndFyre

• The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 02:01:31 am »

WoW is a cheap way to pass time.  Tell me some other form of entertainment that offers you so much for $15/mo.

On that note, I play a lot.  But I'm by no means 'addicted', I play in my down time - which I have a lot of.

He can quit whenever he wants.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »
I can't get addicted to WoW. I'm sitting here waiting for my girlfriend to get home and I'm reading the x86 forums (with no posts except this thread) and don't want to open WoW.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 06:28:34 pm »
I've found that it's incredibly profitable to bot in current-day world of Warcraft.  Just today I have purchased over 90 days worth of game time through botting.  It pays for itself!

I bought a few accounts when they were $20 for everything and they've already paid out far past that.  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:30:21 pm by Blaze »
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 09:33:46 pm »
I've found that it's incredibly profitable to bot in current-day world of Warcraft.  Just today I have purchased over 90 days worth of game time through botting.  It pays for itself!

I bought a few accounts when they were $20 for everything and they've already paid out far past that.  :)

I've thought about leveling/selling toons.  But the initial account investment and how much they can go for ( without being 'well' geared ) makes it seems like there wouldn't be much profit.  I don't have much of an issues leveling toons ( hence my 14 80+ toons and various higher level alts ) but like I said, I really just don't see there being much room for profit.

Edit:  And are you selling gold again ( or still )?  Pretty sure you're the one a few years back that was doing that for quite awhile.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 10:24:05 pm »
Selling toons doesn't make any real money; it's all about farming resources (ore, glyphs, herbs, gems, fish/meat); there are a lot of addons that help you sell these things, most notably Auction Profit Master

When it comes to selling gold, being in a guild where people buy gold is like, step 1.  You will get banned if you sell gold to a vast majority of websites.  Tradeing to a known player is the only 'safe' way to go.  And by safe, I mean they can still rip you off, but you'll never get banned for it.  

Step 2: never trade gold on a toon that farms the gold.  Most of the time when banning accounts for selling gold blizzard will only ban the account that is doing the actual trade.

Step 3: Don't worry about getting banned for botting.  It's a 72 hour ban now, not permanent.  If you get banned, for the next couple weeks after being unbanned, don't bot and play manually.  Not admit to botting, or doing anything against the ToS that can be linked to a specific account.  Ie, screenshots with botting addons in them.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit.

Oh, and you'll want to bot on a full server.  The more people there are, the more people there are to sell to; I've found that the number of botters/farmers doesn't go up proportionately.  You can find which servers are full on this list: http://www.wowrealmstatus.net/ Note: you cannot transfer characters to full realms, afaik, so, you'll probably want to Recruit a friend and instance run from 10-60 and then bot from 60-80.  Bots are really good at killing shit.  Secondary warning: full servers can get queues up to like 4-5 hours to login.  You will not want your bot to log off for more than 15 minutes during peak hours, unless you don't want to make anything that night, anyway.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:31:41 pm by Blaze »
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 08:28:25 pm »
The only way I'd bot again is if I had taken advantage of the $20 accounts, but I didn't :[

No way in hell am I risking my main account again D: