Author Topic: Flux Thruster Atom Pulsar Electrical Venturi Space Time Implosion Field Gene...  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
...rator Coil

Featured on TED Talks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLzQPio_8

Do the big math heads here have anything to say about this?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:02:07 am by Armin »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
To me, it seems obvious it's some kind of elaborate joke with a message at the core.  I'm not quite sure what this guy was getting at, but his speech seemed more political than scientific to me.

It left me confused.  I kept waiting for some kind of punchline, but there never was one.

I can tell you the stuff about math and science he was spouting sounded like utter nonsense to me.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
'TED talks' generally focus more on arousing the masses in a palatable manner rather than sympathizing with mathematicians and scientists, but regardless, or  consequently, I'm skeptical as well.

but he still maintains a very serious air in his videos attempting to explain the concept more mathematically, and it seems he's put a lot of time into this: http://www.vortexmath.com/randy-powell-videos

I'm confused as well, which is why I ask:

Is he simply looking too deeply into number patterns?
Is this a very elaborate political hoax?
or is it plausible?

I'm a sucker for simple, elegant patterns.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:14:18 am by Armin »

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
From his presentation alone, I definitely got blips on my BS detector watching that video presentation... the dude could have significantly condensed what felt like more than 50% of the video showing pictures and clips of naturally occurring phenomena and still have gotten the same point across.  Also, his speech felt too fluffy and sugar-coated, and didn't help him in the credibility department.

A problem I have with the video of his experiment is when he takes the glass bowl (I think it's glass) and metal ball off the coil to demonstrate the localized space-time implosion... he would have done himself more justice if he removed the glass bowl and metal ball from the coil and then SET IT DOWN on a wooden table someplace with the camera being stationary.  Him holding it in his hand, moving around the room with it, ALL while holding the camera as well, just makes the experiment look really amateurish and ghetto, not to mention leave traces of doubt.

I've always considered myself more a man of science than a man of faith, but science can only explain truths if mankind is principled enough in the pure practice of it.  So his statement that some of the greatest minds have peer reviewed his work means less than it would have to me a few years ago... Climategate demonstrated to me that being peer reviewed means shit when someone starts talking about saving the world in the name of science, and has left a shadow of a doubt where I previously might have given the benefit of the doubt.

I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
cool. I'm fairly certain you guys are right.

I'm still curious as to whether he believes himself, or if it's intentionally a hoax.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 03:28:05 pm by Armin »