Author Topic: Went for a walk in high heels today...  (Read 11526 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Went for a walk in high heels today...
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 06:19:12 am »
I don't know... I think it's sort of creepy.  Even if it's completely consensual, I think dating someone under 20 when you're over 25 is just weird.  People don't really know what they want or what they'll be like when they're that young, so I kind of see it as taking advantage of someone.

I don't think they started dating until the class ended; he didn't do anything sketchy with grading or power.

He's a perfectly nice guy (although a little dense), and she's adorable.  But so young.  And he's so old.  It's just creepy.
(let's pretend she's 18 for the sake of argument)

I totally get what you mean about creepy. There's definitely no potential for a long-term relationship (or there shouldn't be), so as long as they're both aware of that, and whatnot, I don't think it's such a bad thing.

I really like the "campground" rule for dating younger people - leave them in a better condition than you found them (no STDs, pregnancies, or emotional scars). Thanks, Dan Savage! :)

I've known a few (older) couples that around about 14 years apart...it is definitely unusual, and will be weird post-husband (man is older in the relationships I know of, and women generally outlive men by 8 years, so 11+8...yeah).

Sidoh, you have a problem with them being not monogamous?

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 08:45:08 pm »
Here is an excerpt from an email I just received regarding applying for a teaching assistant position at the law school:
*  refrain from dating or close personal relationships with students in his/her section.

What's a good way to phrase that without pronouns? "A teaching assistant should refrain from a relationship with students in the section that teaching assistant is assigned to"?
Yeah...I guess that sounds better.
*  refrain from dating or close personal relationships with students in one's section.

(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 08:54:48 pm »
*  refrain from dating or close personal relationships with students in one's section.
Grammatical fail in a full sentence:
"A TA should refrain from dating or close personal relationships with students in one's section."
Sounds retarded.

"his or her" is the standard gender-neutral way. Waiting for GLBT orgs to start qqing about it.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 09:15:20 pm »
Grammatical fail in a full sentence:
"A TA should refrain from dating or close personal relationships with students in one's section."
Sounds retarded.

"his or her" is the standard gender-neutral way. Waiting for GLBT orgs to start qqing about it.
"As a TA, one should refrain from dating or close personal relationships with students in one's section."
I'm generally pretty terrible with grammar, but I don't like "his or her" and would tend towards avoiding it in formal writing even if it is acceptable.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 10:51:10 pm »
I don't know... I think it's sort of creepy.  Even if it's completely consensual, I think dating someone under 20 when you're over 25 is just weird.  People don't really know what they want or what they'll be like when they're that young, so I kind of see it as taking advantage of someone.

I don't think they started dating until the class ended; he didn't do anything sketchy with grading or power.

He's a perfectly nice guy (although a little dense), and she's adorable.  But so young.  And he's so old.  It's just creepy.
(let's pretend she's 18 for the sake of argument)

I totally get what you mean about creepy. There's definitely no potential for a long-term relationship (or there shouldn't be), so as long as they're both aware of that, and whatnot, I don't think it's such a bad thing.

I really like the "campground" rule for dating younger people - leave them in a better condition than you found them (no STDs, pregnancies, or emotional scars). Thanks, Dan Savage! :)

I've known a few (older) couples that around about 14 years apart...it is definitely unusual, and will be weird post-husband (man is older in the relationships I know of, and women generally outlive men by 8 years, so 11+8...yeah).

Sidoh, you have a problem with them being not monogamous?

I didn't say they weren't monogamous, but my wording was a little careless.  They're in a serious relationship; they're not casual fuckbuddies.

If they weren't monogamous, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 02:17:25 pm »
Simple solution: women should stay in the kitchen.

/Ikeed. However, I'd like it if my girlfriend would clean up after herself...