Author Topic: Brain tumor && depression/anxiety  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
Brain tumor && depression/anxiety
« on: June 05, 2011, 03:24:36 pm »
I posted this on another board I frequent, but since some of you know me and have seen me go through some interesting stages, I feel I should also share this here...

I've always suffered from depression and anxiety, both severe and I could never figure out what was quite wrong... it's been years that I haven't been able to "find myself" and always felt out of place. Struggled in school, unhealthy relationships, drugs, criminal activities.. none of it felt like "me," but it all distracted me from my internal struggle. I've lifted on and off for years, never getting any significant results other then a good amount of weight loss. This brings me to December 2010, I had a routine surgery to fix a broken nose that I had neglected for a while.. during the pre-op blood testing I asked the doctor to check my testosterone levels, simply because I lift and was curious.

At first they refused, claiming the only reason someone at my age would care is because of steroid use.. eventually the doctor OK'ed it and they ran the test. My testosterone levels came back ridiculously low, in fact my doctor compared it to the levels he would see in a 70+yr old male. He sent me off to an endocrinologist, who claimed it didn't really make any sense and even from the very first appointment with him he said there may even possibly be a tumor causing this. I went through many blood tests, multiple MRIs, and a procedure to draw blood directly from the brain.

Six months later, and I have been diagnosed with Cushing's Disease caused by a tumor in the pituitary gland on my brain. On June 23rd I will be going in for brain surgery, endoscopic skull base pituitary surgery to be exact in the hopes that my surgeon can remove the entire tumor and cure the disease, and allow me to live a normal and successful life. I don't know if I'm writing this more to get my story out, or to advise everyone to always investigate a problem with your health if you truly feel there is one. It's not always just "be a man, get over it, disregard everything, acquire currency.." sometimes there is an actual cause for your thoughts and problems. After years of struggling with severe anxiety and depression, I've finally found the cause and am taking the steps to turn my life around. Don't lose hope misc, don't ever lose hope.

tl;dr I suggest you read it, but basically I struggled all my life, eventually discovered a brain tumor causing my problems, am getting brain surgery on June 23rd to remove the tumor and I have a positive outlook on the rest of my life. I've been through hell and back, and now it's all coming to an end because I took the choice to consult many different doctors and find out what was wrong with me.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: Brain tumor && depression/anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 05:06:27 pm »
Wow Krazed.  I really hope the surgery goes well and you can live a healthy and normal life. Best of luck and keep us updated.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 05:09:41 pm »
I know a little about this condition, and usually there is a very good recovery after surgery.  I think all in all this is a great discovery for you! :)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 05:22:50 pm »
It's not always just "be a man, get over it, disregard everything, acquire currency.." sometimes there is an actual cause for your thoughts and problems. After years of struggling with severe anxiety and depression, I've finally found the cause and am taking the steps to turn my life around. Don't lose hope misc, don't ever lose hope.

Damn dude. That's horrible yet at the same time great news. Hope all goes well man. Keep in touch and let us know how things go.

ps you'll always be a fat kid on a bike who can't rap to me. ;)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 07:18:21 pm »
shit. good luck with the surgery and recovery,dude!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 09:25:35 pm »
Good luck! Let us know how it goes, and don't be a stranger. :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 09:38:54 pm »
Wow. Sounds like you were really lucky catching it when you did. I wish you a speedy recovery, and keep us in the loop if you can!

Offline SNiFFeR

• Sexy
    • View Profile
    • k
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 05:01:43 am »
miss you bud...hope everything goes well!

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 06:42:15 am »
Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

and in all seriousness, good luck!  We're all rooting for yeah!  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Falcon

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:39:40 pm »
Shit you got me scared now, how old are you?

Good luck!