Author Topic: Fuck! It's the INTERNET! y so srs?  (Read 4633 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Fuck! It's the INTERNET! y so srs?
« on: November 01, 2011, 06:02:40 pm »
Main story in short:  friend has a meeting w/dean of student affairs tomorrow over shit he posted on facebook.

Before I get to the main story, I will preface it with a few background stories.

1)  Batman is the friend.  He is a fucking character.  He is also in a really shitty place in life (his wife was a bitch, ran up credit cards, ditched him), but it's looking up (wife is gone and divorced).  Ppl either love or hate him.  He is amusing, but his diatribes in class never end - nice for eating time, shitty for us caring.  Further, he is rude, crude, and social unacceptable - but he isn't flat-out mean.  He likes to joke around, and says "fuck you" to people that get offended by him.  He is a generally chill dude.

2)  Student Bar Association (SBA) elections were yesterday.  SBA elections, as any student/real elections = popularity contest.  Batman, in his classic mockery and disdain for the unimportant, setup a Facebook event called "Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman for SBA" (all the "real" SBA election events have four names too).  Anywho, our current SBA officer that is apparently in charge of bitchiness and elections saw the page and told Batman to take it down.  He said no.  She sent out an email saying that any write-in vote for Batman will be ignored.  He started to mock her on FB.  She got bitchy/threateny.  He got insulty.  She got reporty (i.e., reported his comments on FB as "inappropriate" and FB "reviewed" them).

SO...because of all the back and forth bullshit, which I feel was instigated by Batman in that he created a FB page, but escalated to an absurd degree by the SBA officer, he now has a meeting with the dean of student affairs.

My take:  fuck. that.  He posted something on the Internet as a goddamned joke.  Everyone knew it was a joke, but the prissy SBA officer got her panties in a wad.  He she let it be, everyone would've lol'd at Batman's page, Batman would've made his point - that SBA elections are popularity contests - and life would've gone-the-fuck-on.  Normally, no one would give a shit about any of this.  But, now, I think it's a matter of "she is a bitch and needs to get over herself" principle.  I hope Batman prevails.

What do yall think about taking Internet parody to heart and getting a decently-liked kid (he is 33) in trouble?

/that said, 31 is a little old to be making fun of people, but whatever...its the fucking internet
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:13:45 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck! It's the INTERNET! y so srs?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:28:40 pm »
People take shit too seriously and in general everyone just needs to chill the fuck out.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 07:50:47 pm »
People take shit too seriously and in general everyone just needs to chill the fuck out.

Pretty much this.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:16:41 pm »
Man that bitch SBA officer... shit, ignoring write-in votes pretty anti-democratic.  Anyways, sounds like she needs to get laid, she sounds too wound up.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 09:29:22 pm »
Wait, I thought everyone was willing to give up privacy! After all, pictures, comments and affiliations are harmless information, right?

As I said months ago, people from two decades ago would be horrified by our society.

And yes, HR also monitors the Internet for your presence. All that harmless information you gave out can mean the difference in getting a job or losing your current job.

Privacy has value, only 90% of the population doesn't know what it's worth and continue to incrementally give up more to Google, Facebook, Myspace, etc...

And ooo, I get to say it: HAHA, I told you so! Good luck getting a job you hippy/pot smoker/occupy protester/republican/democrat/ron paul supporter/etc
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 09:44:55 pm »
Myspace

hahahahahahahahahahahah
Doesn't matter how irrelevant it is. If you want to put your life up on Myspace for your employer or potential employer to see ... go for it!
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 11:00:40 pm »
... vgetting a decently-liked kid (he is 33) in trouble?

/that said, 31 is a little old to be making fun of people...

omg you're old. 33 is not a kid btw.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 11:59:01 pm »
I find it hilarious the guy legally changed his name to Batman.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 01:20:32 am »
I find it hilarious the guy legally changed his name to Batman.

It's an admirable pursuit, for sure.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 06:18:00 pm »
... vgetting a decently-liked kid (he is 33) in trouble?

/that said, 31 is a little old to be making fun of people...

meh....I refer to everyone attending the school as kids...even the crazy old vet lady that has dropped out of law school twice now (first time she had crazy family stuff, this time cuz she couldnt cut it still).

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 09:38:55 pm »
It will be soon.... :)
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 09:48:21 pm »
Myspace

hahahahahahahahahahahah
Doesn't matter how irrelevant it is. If you want to put your life up on Myspace for your employer or potential employer to see ... go for it!

I was just giving you a hard time. It's just funny when anyone treats Myspace like it's still relevant. Shit... kids these days would probably say "what's a myspace?"

I have quite a bit of information about myself on the web, but I definitely don't care if anyone sees it (including my employers, students, professors, family, etc.). I don't care if Facebook knows I like Donnie Darko or if Google knows I buy things from Amazon.

Privacy is important to me, but I'm not willing to inconvenience myself to protect elements of privacy I just don't care about.