Author Topic: Backstab report #3 - WiReS  (Read 4453 times)

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
Backstab report #3 - WiReS
« on: June 16, 2005, 12:04:13 am »
I wasn't planning on making this a backstab report, so I didnt' get any screenshots at the beginning. :( This was however one of my best backstabs. ;)

Anyways, Backstabbers:
    - WiReS (Orange)
    - Zero[X] (White)

Backstabees:
    - dardarbinks (Blue)
    - varndog (Yellow)
    - ep-rouge_knight (Brown)
    - X[D_SoakedLyric (Purple)
    - davidhernandez (Teal)

Started out as any other backstab with the usual "no bs" and "no rush".  Teal (davidhernandez) decided to rush anyways.  He went to the computer and started a cannon rush.  He was just about to kill the computer when Blue (dardarbinks) came and we all decided to kill Teal because he rushed!  Blue started to kill off his cannon rush and Zero[X] went into Teal's base and started to kill him.  Teal decided that there was no way for him to win now so he left.

About 15 minutes into the game Zero[X] drops for some odd reason.  The lagbox said Yellow (varndog) was going to be dropped but it was really Zero[X].  Right after Zero[X] leaves or drops out Purple (X[D_SoakedLyric) decided to leave. 

So now I'm the only one left in the backstab.  I was trying my best to pump out some more carriers and get them filled with interceptors, but I was low on resources especially minerals.

Everyone started to attack the computer so I acted like I was going after the computer with my 20 something carriers.  Right when I got to the computer's base I turned and went toward Yellow (varndog).  I didn't think I'd be able to beat Yellow since he had carriers and had cannons ALL over his base.  My 24 stargates started to pump out some corsairs to attack Yellow's carriers.  Yellow then notices I'm attacking him and forgets about the computer and tries to save his base.  My carriers totalled his carriers and all of his cannons and more.  Yellow totally gets pissed off and everyone unallies me. :)

I cripple Yellow with some unusable structures and fly towards Blue (dardarbinks).  He puts up an ok fight where he keeps pumping out goliaths and valkyries and I kept killing them.  He killed at most 3 carriers.

I noticed I forgot a pylon at Yellow's base that powered his two stargates so I flew over there and blew it up.

I cripple him with 2 supply depots and Yellow with some unpowered building.  I then head towards Brown (ep-rouge_knight).

Brown was DETERMINED to defeat me.

He said something that I can't remember and I was too late to take a screenshot.  Oh well.

Now with Brown out of the picture for now I started to go back for Blue to finish him off.  Which I might add didn't take too long.

Blues gone, and I'm not too worried about Brown so I go for Yellow.  I ask for if he has anything to say before he goes bye bye, which he did.

This was the longest part of the game I think.  Brown decided to play some hide'n'seek.  He creates about 12 cannons at entrance of his base and I fell into his TRAP!

The cannons were blown to pieces and I didn't lose one carrier.

He asked me why I wouldn't ally and I said "because I'm a cold hearted bitch" and he said "ok".

I got my victory and was happy with myself.  Good game.

The replay can also be found here

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Backstab report #3 - WiReS
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 12:09:53 am »
All the good ones happen when I'm not here..  Great.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 09:23:53 am »
OOOOOOOOOOO
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 12:19:25 pm »
Stop trying to break the forums. =(

Offline Joe

• B&