Author Topic: MOUSE HELP  (Read 7372 times)

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
MOUSE HELP
« on: July 03, 2005, 09:26:23 pm »
I bought a new hard-drive, and just installed Linux on it.

My mouse is a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.

I CAN'T GET MY MOUSE TO WORK. I HAVE TO POST FOR HELP WITH LYNX! THIS HURTS MY EYES.

For the love of god, if anybody knows what device to use or how to configure a system to use a Logitech wireless USB/PS-2 keyboard/mouse, HELP!

(The keyboard works, the mouse doesn't.)

(On a side note, lynx > links. Lynx has color **AND** works better with cookies! :D)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: MOUSE HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 09:52:29 pm »
Jesus Christ, calm down!

I'm assuming the mx700, which is what I have, so that makes it easy.  Anything on the mx-series should work like this, though.
Open up /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and find the mouse section.  Change it to this:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"   "ImPS/2"
    Option "ZAxisMapping"   "4 5"
    Option "Device"     "/dev/mouse"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
EndSection

Leave whatever "Identifier" was already there, if it was Mouse or Mouse0, that's fine. 

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 01:52:10 am »
No good!

The axis mapping might help though. When I pick "USB" (from "mouseconfig"), if I move the mouse left it goes up, and if I move it right it goes down. Moving it up and down do nothing.

On a side note, Windows sucks. I'm missing ethernet drivers! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET ETHERNET DRIVERS WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION?!?!?!?! :p :(
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 01:56:44 am »
from a cd
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 02:06:33 am »
How are you online right now? Get the drivers on to a floppy or CD or on the hard drive. Then stick in the Floppy/CD/Hard Drive and install :O.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 02:08:14 am »
from a cd

No shit, sherlock. Don't you think if I had the CD I would have installed them?

Keep your useless shit remarks out of a thread where I am fucking serious.

Ergot: I'm in Linux. Linux works fine, except for the mouse. I can't get the drivers because I don't know what drivers to get for it. I have no floppies I can use, and I don't have any CD-R(W)s I can use!
- Newby

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 02:37:15 am »
Then go buy some. You're supposed to get drivers from the internet on another machine, burn them to disc, bring them to the stranded machine, and install.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 09:12:25 am »
I always keep my ethernet drivers (for Linux and Windows) on my iPod.  gg.

I had that problem too, for awhile.  I forget how I fixed it, though.  I just played around with settings and I turned off that thing.. that lets you use the mouse in the console.. wossname.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 11:19:35 am »
SUcks that Windows can't view any linux partitions with out third party help :(. Well, if the LAN card (I'm guessing) works on Linux, isn't there that one command... lspci ? Then you find the driver for your LAN card :O!. Mount the Windows partition and copy it there?
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 11:58:12 am »
SUcks that Windows can't view any linux partitions with out third party help :(. Well, if the LAN card (I'm guessing) works on Linux, isn't there that one command... lspci ? Then you find the driver for your LAN card :O!. Mount the Windows partition and copy it there?

Yes it works on Linux!

However, my Windows partition is NTFS, so I can't write to it.

*sigh*

I'll get it working, eventuelly. Thanks for all the help so far (although hardly any has worked) :(
- Newby

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 12:39:53 pm »
Convert your swap partition (if you have one :() into a fat32 partition!

Offline Krazed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 01:00:57 pm »
Use your account on my server that you NEVER use.  :(
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 02:07:21 pm »
Heh. I got my ethernet working on Windows (my old drive (which still works!) had a folder called 'Alienware\Drivers' on it! :D :D :D :D)

Now all I need to fix is my mouse in Linux, and that isn't a top priority either. (Since I leave tomorrow for my mom's house, and I have an IntelliMouse there ... o.O)

NEW ERROR!

I can't access "T:\Documents and Settings\MyOldAccount". (T: is my old drive)

It gives me "Access is Denied"

On my old computer, MyOldAccount had its folder private.

However, on my new computer, I have the same account name.

HELP PLEASE. :(

On a side note, I know how to move files from Linux -> Windows!

Turn my iPod into disk mode, move 'em over, and bam!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 04:57:40 pm by Newby »
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 05:16:28 pm »
It gives me "Access is Denied"

You have to take ownership of the files.  I have no clue how, but I remember it wasn't easy.  Windows's ACL stuff sucks.

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 05:19:57 pm »
My dad said it's a security feature. I asked if all the bugs and unneceesary garbage in Windows XP were features too!

He didn't like that. So I just booted into Linux, read what I needed out of the protected files, moved 'em to the iPod, booted back into Windows, and bam! :D
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 06:52:07 pm »
Having really crappy ACL's that you can override with a right click and a bunch of clicks is a feature? Jesus..

Offline Newby

• Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005, 08:36:49 pm »
Hehehe.
- Newby

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005, 11:39:12 pm »
No shit, sherlock. Don't you think if I had the CD I would have installed them?

Keep your useless shit remarks out of a thread where I am fucking serious.

Do you have only one computer at your house? I was serious. I burn them to a CD from my other computer whenever something fatally blows up.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.