Author Topic: Two great reasons to use *nix.  (Read 15867 times)

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: Two great reasons to use *nix.
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2005, 09:17:58 pm »
Ok...
* Ergot hands out Linspire to people so they can wiggle the mouse and be a hacker at the age of 2.

NO thatz bad. now the wurld will be filled with m0re kiddeez!!@#$!

Like yourself?

yep

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 09:27:24 pm »
Someone post more pics of MORE chicks.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 09:44:59 pm by Ergot »
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2005, 10:15:49 pm »
I don't know how to type those :(
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2005, 01:13:19 am »
I don't know how to type those :(

O RLY?

Offline Vex3

• Rick James Bitch!
  • I am Agarwaen!
    • View Profile
    • Vex3 Solutions
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2005, 01:22:43 am »
I am way too lazy to sit around and read everyone's posts to create a huge debate, however I use Linux for my Webhosting company.

The simple fact is that Linux > Windows because actually doesn't crash every time you try and load it. Linux and Unix both are stable and safer in the sense that they are opensource and more people can correct the problems that they incounter. Windows simply allows you to have a dead "OS" until the release a patch or update for it.

Wish I had more hands, give those tities four thumbs down!

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2005, 01:23:39 am »
I am way too lazy to sit around and read everyone's posts to create a huge debate, however I use Linux for my Webhosting company.

The simple fact is that Linux > Windows because actually doesn't crash every time you try and load it. Linux and Unix both are stable and safer in the sense that they are opensource and more people can correct the problems that they incounter. Windows simply allows you to have a dead "OS" until the release a patch or update for it.

th4t 1z t0t4lly tru3 d3wd.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2005, 01:42:39 am »
There's many people that will argue that position. Many people have had good experiences with Windows... I am not one of them :(.

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2005, 01:53:56 am »
There's many people that will argue that position. Many people have had good experiences with Windows... I am not one of them :(.

The experience matters not, young grasshopper. What matters is this: OpenVMS (not Unix btw, but a really elite and cool OS... pretty secure too (although it's a pain to use, because it's pretty advanced -- more advanced than *BSD or Linux, or other OS's like Solaris or Tru64 and HP-UX, etc, etc, etc... ) > *BSD > Linux > Windows
It is the truth. Not many people know about OpenVMS anymore, though. Let alone VAX systems.

Offline Vex3

• Rick James Bitch!
  • I am Agarwaen!
    • View Profile
    • Vex3 Solutions
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2005, 07:55:35 pm »

Yes that is true, I guess that it really depends. In the end the question boils down to, Is it the User or the OS?

The experience matters not, young grasshopper. What matters is this: OpenVMS (not Unix btw, but a really elite and cool OS... pretty secure too (although it's a pain to use, because it's pretty advanced -- more advanced than *BSD or Linux, or other OS's like Solaris or Tru64 and HP-UX, etc, etc, etc... ) > *BSD > Linux > Windows
It is the truth. Not many people know about OpenVMS anymore, though. Let alone VAX systems.

To this I can not reply too. I have never herd of OpenVMS, although I have restrictions on what OS I install on my servers as the Control Panels that I install have a lot of compatibility issues.

Take cPanel for example. For awhile cpanel worked only on FC1 and FC2 and not FC3.
Wish I had more hands, give those tities four thumbs down!