Author Topic: How to rm yourself  (Read 24121 times)

Offline Vex3

• Rick James Bitch!
  • I am Agarwaen!
    • View Profile
    • Vex3 Solutions
Re: How to rm yourself
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2005, 10:00:02 am »
Well back to iago's note to Scr33n0r

Scr33n0r, stop posting stupid shit in otherwise good threads, please?

Tmp -- It really depends on the implementation. Yes, that makes it a lot trickier, but I'm rather sure that there's ways to get around it. I would need more specifics on it. Perhaps you can do it with a search? Or with randomness? Or by attacking key areas, or using known values? If I do a malloc() in my shellcode, and base my attack at a certain relative location to that heap address, does that give me access? I can start searching the heap based on the location that I'm given by malloc() and find an important value that will help me take over the world? It's all just in theory, it depends on the implementations of everything involved.

I realize you're trying to inspire argument, "something to think about"-style, so good job. :)

c0n -- Full disclosure helps security professionals of all kinds. The same security professionals that are going to be helping me in my career. If I help out a lot of people, and get my name known, it will be a lot easier to get a job. That's why I do a lot of volunteer work for whitehats, and I try to make as many friends and become a member of as many groups (in real life, I mean) as I can. It's all about having work in the future.

Plus, I greatly enjoy what I do, and I like to see others benefit from it.

Please stop ruining good topics dx there was no reason to post that.
Wish I had more hands, give those tities four thumbs down!

dx

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2005, 03:40:48 pm »
A good topic? Right.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2005, 01:01:35 am »
Gets a warm feeling that c0n watches fight club too much, and thinks way to highly of himself

I have never watched fight club, but some ideas of Pr0j3kt M4yh3m are from fight club.
I get a warm feeling that darkxir buys too many coke bricks, and snorts them way too much. And no, I don't think too highly of myself. Although, I do think of myself being better than you, a poor and messed up drug addict who spends most of his money on bricks of cocaine. If you don't want me to flame you, then don't reply to things I say, loser. Go back to coke-addicts anonymous.

Do you know how much you just made me laugh? Man I love you.

Anyways, yea full disclosure! (</makeconmad>)
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2005, 01:14:48 am »
c0n, I think you're in way over your head here. You should stop threatening people, because there are those who visit these forums who know more about what you're representing than you do yourself.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2005, 10:45:14 am »
c0n, I think you're in way over your head here. You should stop threatening people, because there are those who visit these forums who know more about what you're representing than you do yourself.

I never threatened anybody, and I'm in no way in over my head. And you think you are one of those people who knows "SO MUCH" about Full-Disclosure/non-disclosure? Ok, even though there isn't a lot to know about it.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2005, 02:43:08 pm »

I never threatened anybody, and I'm in no way in over my head. And you think you are one of those people who knows "SO MUCH" about Full-Disclosure/non-disclosure? Ok, even though there isn't a lot to know about it.

In case you didn't notice, I wasn't talking about myself. And that was more directed at your views on WHY exactly. You seem to be talking about things you don't have much experiance in.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2005, 04:58:46 pm »

In case you didn't notice, I wasn't talking about myself. And that was more directed at your views on WHY exactly. You seem to be talking about things you don't have much experiance in.

you're right, but then again you'd be one to know.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2005, 05:02:17 pm »

Oh yeah, I always make it look like I know more than I do, then get into fights when someone calls me on it.

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2005, 05:10:16 pm »

Oh yeah, I always make it look like I know more than I do, then get into fights when someone calls me on it.

what i was trying to say is that you know what i know, and the extent to my knowledge, so therefore you are one to judge me.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2005, 05:13:56 pm »
All that I know is that you seem to be arguing your point poorly, which is usually a sign of not knowing enough about the subject.

I really don't think I want to argue this more. Bring something to the table in this thread, something that betters ANYTHING in the community, or don't post in it at all.

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2005, 05:14:37 pm »
All that I know is that you seem to be arguing your point poorly, which is usually a sign of not knowing enough about the subject.

hehehe. there is not much to know about non-disclosure or full-disclosure, other than the people who read full-disclosure mailing lists and believe it are whitehatz, and da non-disclosure peepz are da blaqhatz

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2005, 05:25:21 pm »
anywayz, eye found this thread awesome. it was such a gr8 way to troll, lololz