Author Topic: Open Source for All (Article)  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: Open Source for All (Article)
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 08:21:19 pm »
I don't see anyone playing CS, BF2, WoW, GW, PK, D2, or any other major games out there on Linux.

Why don't you hop on some cool games... Quake 3, Enemy Territory, Unreal Tournament, and see if you can spot a linux player... Infact, the first day I played Tremulous... The room was filled with like 6/8 linux users... Me being one of the Windows users.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 08:21:46 pm »
Completely-open-source, non-commercial products will never be 100% up-to-par with commercial and closed-source products.
I agree, actually.

Offline c0n

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 08:49:13 pm »
Articles like this always deserve a comment or two.
Yes, I would like, hope and pray that open source and Linux are the way of the future.

Right along with communism?

OK, here's the thing:

Completely-open-source, non-commercial products will never be 100% up-to-par with commercial and closed-source products.

you know, closed-source products have more bugs than open-source, because there is only a small core of people who patch the bugs. therefore closed-source is technically more vulnerable and exploitable. It just requires a more skilled hacker to find these vulns, and use them to his/her advantage.

Offline mynameistmp

• Hi! I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 02:38:16 am »

I'm complaining that I can't use Linux on my computer in a way that utilizes my computer's full potential in what I want to use it for.

I'm not talking about Linux specifically. We're talking about open source software as a whole being "up to par". You said "[open source software] will never be 100% up-to-par". My point was that there are obviously several open source implementations (I used Linux coincidentally) that are "up to par", making you wrong.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 03:03:46 am by mynameistmp »