Author Topic: [C#] WoW Object Viewer  (Read 9108 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
[C#] WoW Object Viewer
« on: July 25, 2009, 01:32:57 am »
(copied from my post at MMOwned)

This is a simple program and a not-quite-as-simple library that I've whipped up from scratch. The library is built with reusability in mind, although I've got a bit of work to do on that end, as the library classes were initially part of the WowObjectViewer project. But enough about that.

This can basically be used to dump a list of all WoW objects, type 3-7, to some TreeViews. This, in itself, is worthless and I'll be the first to admit it, but I'd like to release this anyhow as a learning reference for anyone who's new here. Two weeks ago, as you'll see if you look up my posts, I was a clueless newbie too.

I'm up for any suggestions to anything here, and if you'd like to explain some the deep magic of getting player names, that'd be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:11:06 pm by Joe »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: [C#] WoW Object Viewer
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 02:51:46 am »
Two weeks ago, as you'll see if you look up my posts, I was a clueless newbie too.

Quoted for funny.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:05:33 am »
what the hell is a WoW object? in-game items? wowhead ftw.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:10:05 am »
Also, Joe, could you post a compiled version?
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 03:50:52 pm »
Not sure if he's referring to the communications protocol, but WoW world objects are some non-interactive and all interactive objects that you would run across in the game world.  This generally includes player characters and NPCs, corpses (and bone piles), interactive things (like boxes or lockers), herbs or mines, and anything that you see in the game world that you wouldn't see, for instance, in the map viewer.

Again, not sure if he's referring to the communications protocol because I haven't looked at his code.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 07:08:53 pm »

There's a Linked List (at least, that's what it's called at MMOwned) called the "Object Manager". An object is pretty much anything you see in the WoW world.

Type 1 - Item
Type 2 - Container (a bag, I believe?)
Type 3 - NPC
Type 4 - Player (both 3 and 4, in my code, extend the CreatureObject class since they're similar)
Type 5 - Game Object (herbs, mining nodes, building signs -- pretty much everything)
Type 6 - Dynamic Objects (I believe these are spells that are flying around mostly)
Type 7 - Corpse

The library I wrote, with a few additional fields in the classes, should be all you need to write a radar hack (for those who don't know, it's like a minimap but shows more stuff and in a wider area), and with AI's for spell rotation, a bot. A radar hack will be my next endeavour. :)

Two weeks ago, as you'll see if you look up my posts, I was a clueless newbie too.

Quoted for funny.  :)

That post was intended for the memory editing forums at MMOwned, and meant in that context. Although I suppose I opened myself up for it.

@MyndFyre -- This does absolutely nothing with the protocol. It's all ReadProcessMemory.

Also, binaries have been posted.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:13:10 pm by Joe »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.