Author Topic: Band Switchfoot explains how to get around copy protection  (Read 2959 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Band Switchfoot explains how to get around copy protection
« on: September 22, 2005, 12:07:32 pm »
http://p2pnet.net/story/6294

This is really cool, the band (Switchfoot) explains how to get around their copy protection on Windows (on Mac and presumably Linux, it's not an issue). 

We were horrified when we first heard about the new copy-protection policy that is being implemented by most major labels, including Sony (ours), and immediately looked into all of our options for removing this from our new album. Unfortunately, this is the new policy for all new major releases from these record companies.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
Re: Band Switchfoot explains how to get around copy protection
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 12:28:40 pm »
That's pretty neat, if the bands and musicians dislike what their record labels are doing, they eventually will have to remove the policy.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 12:59:19 pm »
Awesome.  I've always liked Switchfoot as a band too.  I don't necessarily like their music, but as people, they're awesome.

trust

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 01:04:35 pm »
A Christian band promoting stealing? Yeah, I'd be considering dropping them from the label if I was the record exec.

Edit: Ah, targeted at iTunes. nm.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 01:06:39 pm by OG Trust »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 01:05:56 pm »
They aren't promoting stealing.  They're promoting the use of iTunes and iPods and other mp3 players.  I'd be upset if I actually by a cd legally, then discover that I can't listen to it on my iPod.  If that happened, then I'd definitely pirate their music.  I don't even *own* a cdplayer anymore. 

trust

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 01:07:01 pm »
They aren't promoting stealing.  They're promoting the use of iTunes and iPods and other mp3 players.  I'd be upset if I actually by a cd legally, then discover that I can't listen to it on my iPod.  If that happened, then I'd definitely pirate their music.  I don't even *own* a cdplayer anymore. 

Yes, read edit.