Author Topic: Drugs: Harmless Fun?  (Read 11104 times)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Re: Drugs: Harmless Fun?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2005, 01:08:50 pm »
Very rude and very intolerant. I can understand knocking hard drugs like herion and cocaine, but a drug like pot is NOT more dangerous then tabacco and you shouldn't be so rude as to tell me you have no respect for me just because of the way I like to relax, (from AIM convorsation) as iago told me one time "whatever happend to if it's victimless why punish it?", I actually respect iago's opinions alot more on pot, he doesn't smoke it but doesnt think it should be illegal and doesn't care what I do in my privacy, I wish alot more people were like that I really do.

I know, no matter WHAT I say someone will retort with something herioc and something that everyone wants to hear and everyone will
I have no respect for anyone that uses any sort of drugs for fun...
<3.
I have no respect for anyone that uses any sort of drugs for fun...

Yup.
do what they did.

Marijuana is in fact more harmfull to you than a cigarette, why? Marijuana smoke is inhaled deeper therefore it is in the lungs for a longer period of time... Also Marijuana is Carcinogenic, it increases the chance of brain/throat cancer by 60%... I had to research all of this bullshit when Malori was trying to tell me it was harmless, I hate kids these days. *cough*

I have no respect for anyone that uses any sort of drugs for fun... Oh and about your anti-depressant crap, my cousin killed herself and the autopsy came back with that being the reason, docters in the United States prescribe it way to often...

Gamesnake... "Punch for punch tabbaco is alot more dangerous for you then cannabis is."
I don't believe that to be truth, why you ask... Since Marijuana is enhaled more deeply your lungs are exposed to it for a longer period of time, tobbaco is smoked more often, yes, but if you smoke just one ciggerette and one joint, the Marijuana joint does more damage, puff per puff. (I'm not talking about vaporizing, which I'm also against, whenever you try to alter the brain you have to expect some sort of long term damage, although there haven't been any extensive long-term studies done on humans)

Besides the fact that when you use Marijuana on a regular basis you become sterile... although the effects seem to wear off in a matter of months.
Ok doctor Sty, your opinions against medical tests. Read this
    Many people think smoking marijuana is just as harmful as
smoking tobacco, but this is not true.  Those who hold that
marijuana is equivalent to tobacco are misinformed.  Due to the
efforts of various federal agencies to discourage use of
marijuana in the 1970's the government, in a fit of "reefer
madness," conducted several biased studies designed to return
results that would equate marijuana smoking with tobacco smoking,
or worse. 
     For example the Berkeley carcinogenic tar studies of the
late 1970's concluded that "marijuana is one-and-a-half times as
carcinogenic as tobacco."   This finding was based solely on the
tar content of cannabis leaves compared to that of tobacco, and
did not take radioactivity into consideration.  (Cannabis tars do
not contain radioactive materials.)  In addition, it was not
considered that: 
     1) Most marijuana smokers smoke the bud, not the leaf, of
the plant.  The bud contains only 33% as much tar as tobacco. 
     2) Marijuana smokers do not smoke anywhere near as much as
tobacco smokers, due to the psychoactive effects of cannabis.
     3) Not one case of lung cancer has ever been successfully
linked to marijuana use.   
     4) Cannabis, unlike tobacco, does not cause any narrowing of
the small air passageways in the lungs.   
     In fact, marijuana has been shown to be an expectorant and
actually dilates the air channels it comes in contact with.  This
is why many asthma sufferers look to marijuana to provide relief.
Doctors have postulated that marijuana may, in this respect, be
more effective than all of the prescription drugs on the market.
     Studies even show that due to marijuana's ability to clear
the lungs of smog, pollutants, and cigarette smoke, it may
actually reduce your risk of emphysema, bronchitis, and lung
cancer.  Smokers of cannabis have been shown to outlive non-
smokers in some areas by up to two years.  Medium to heavy
tobacco smokers will live seven to ten years longer if they also
smoke marijuana.
Rest of article
don't forget alcohol
You guys are easily duped by your goverment, obviously.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 01:11:31 pm by GameSnake »

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2005, 01:15:07 pm »
Marijuana does not make you sterile. Another myth. my proof
Why don't you read the rest of those pages too whie you're at it.

Offline Sty

• x86
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2005, 01:39:06 pm »
Like I told iago, I'm no longer very tolerant about drug use after I had to deal with Malori for 9 months, and you're not in the position to tell me what I can and can't do. Anyways, you should take a look at more than one study, I've actually read that article before but I dismissed it due to lack of proof.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html
http://www.drugabuse.gov/ResearchReports/marijuana/

With all research pushed out of the way, I still have a problem with people using Marijuana, though I only care if it effects me directly... which it did with Malori, though I do see the use or Marijuana as a weakness in character. In this area all of the drug users are useless, they will never do anything to benefit the society as a whole. All of my views on this matter are based off of personal experience, I couldn't care less if there's no evidence that suggests Marijuana is deadly, I look at the effects it has on the people around me, and it's not good.

And I had no respect for you anyway, you have to earn that no matter if you do drugs or not.

About the sterile matter, I'm basing my statement off of a study with rats, I'll link you to the research paper whenever I feel like finding it. Also, you may want to read what I wrote in my last post before trying to form a statement of your own, I stated that puff per puff Marijuana is more harmfull, you said that Marijuana is not smoked as often as tobacco... I don't see why you even brought that up when I said "Puff per puff".

1) Most marijuana smokers smoke the bud, not the leaf, of
the plant.  The bud contains only 33% as much tar as tobacco. 
     2) Marijuana smokers do not smoke anywhere near as much as
tobacco smokers, due to the psychoactive effects of cannabis.
     3) Not one case of lung cancer has ever been successfully
linked to marijuana use.   
     4) Cannabis, unlike tobacco, does not cause any narrowing of
the small air passageways in the lungs.

1) Most, I generally talk about the minority
2) Doesn't apply
3) The lack of proof can't be used as proof, and it hasn't been proven in Humans.
4) Good for you.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 01:57:29 pm by Sty »

Offline TheSickEmpire

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2005, 03:47:31 pm »
Very rude and very intolerant. I can understand knocking hard drugs like herion and cocaine, but a drug like pot is NOT more dangerous then tabacco and you shouldn't be so rude as to tell me you have no respect for me just because of the way I like to relax (from AIM convorsation) as iago told me one time "whatever happend to if it's victimless why punish it?", I actually respect iago's opinions alot more on pot, he doesn't smoke it but doesnt think it should be illegal and doesn't care what I do in my privacy, I wish alot more people were like that I really do.

If someone wants to smoke pot in the privacy of their home I really could care less. That doesn't, however, stop me from loseing respect for someone that does it.

I know, no matter WHAT I say someone will retort with something herioc and something that everyone wants to hear and everyone will

That's what a civilized debate is. You asked for it.

You guys are easily duped by your goverment, obviously.

What government doesn't dupe it's people?

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2005, 04:00:21 pm »
Sty, most of the world and most of europe believes the USA is a corrupted society. What I am trying to point out is your nations bullshit drugwar, where passing a joint gets you 5 years in jail. Why is your prisons so full of possesion-of-marijuana users when in most the world except communist countrys marijuana possesion is nothing more then it being taken away or a small fine? In Holland we adopted a soft drug policy that leads the way in preventing hard drug use like herion and cocaine getting mixed up with harmless personal amount marijuana users. We have a lower rate of using herion, coke, and pot then USA or Canada and most of europe is adopting simmiliar, effective laws.

Offline Sty

• x86
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2005, 04:47:17 pm »
People don't go to prison for 5 years for having Marijuana, they go to prison for an extended period of time for selling it... If you get pulled over and the cop finds less than a certain amount of Marijuana they do nothing... so what the hell are you trying to say?

If people make the choice to use it themselves I have no problem with it, but rarely does that happen... People have tried to get me to do it time and time again, people don't think for themselves anymore... At least in the United States, and I'm completely against it, all of the people in jail that have any ties to using drugs are in there for pushing it, and they should be there... If they aren't going to abide by the rules set down by the government for the good of the whole then they have no right to even be here...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 04:55:43 pm by Sty »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2005, 04:53:43 pm »
Sty, most of the world and most of europe believes the USA is a corrupted society. What I am trying to point out is your nations bullshit drugwar, where passing a joint gets you 5 years in jail. Why is your prisons so full of possesion-of-marijuana users when in most the world except communist countrys marijuana possesion is nothing more then it being taken away or a small fine? In Holland we adopted a soft drug policy that leads the way in preventing hard drug use like herion and cocaine getting mixed up with harmless personal amount marijuana users. We have a lower rate of using herion, coke, and pot then USA or Canada and most of europe is adopting simmiliar, effective laws.
I'm sorry you believe what you've just stated.  Frankly, if you think that, it's your government that is corrupted, not ours.