Author Topic: I am buying WoW!  (Read 13488 times)

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
Re: I am buying WoW!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2005, 12:19:07 am »
If you ever want to mess around on Feathermoon (if Thunderlord is down or you want to make an alt or something), I'll probably be on Sabetha (my Priest) or Larinda (my Rogue); both characters are Alliance.  Both Mythix and TSE play NE Druids on Feathermoon:  Ghetariong (Mythix) and Thorezard (TSE).
And Screenor, the one you were just talking to an hour ago, fucking asshole. -_-

ATIAS' WEDDING DAY TOMORROW! I GOT FIREWORKS AND BEER!

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2005, 03:17:03 am »
I'm not too familiar with the one on battle.net, but it's basically like the snail mail system.

I think he means "/w user" and not the messaging involving mailboxes.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2005, 05:20:31 am »
Would make sense, since I wasn't aware of a battle.net equivilant of the "message" system.  It's pretty much exactly the same as battle.net:

/w <user> <message> for a whisper

There are a few extra things you can do that are nice, though:

/r <message> (replies to the last whisper you've recieved -- you can press <TAB> to switch through the list of the last 10(?) users that have whispered you).

Alt + Up/Down scroll through the messages you've sent as well.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2005, 02:40:40 pm »
Good stuff, I got off early last night since I had to get up for work at 5am :( I got to level 4 before I got off, I want to get to level 10 tonight :P
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2005, 07:25:17 pm »
Good stuff, I got off early last night since I had to get up for work at 5am :( I got to level 4 before I got off, I want to get to level 10 tonight :P
Hehe, I hit 8 in 20 minutes. :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2005, 07:34:32 pm »
There's also another pretty nice feature in WoW which was also present in lesser significance on battle.net:  The /who command.

It's a lot more powerful in WoW mostly because there are more variables for each player on the game compared to the games played on battle.net

You can include level, part of name, class, race and location.  For instance, if you were looking for a Warlock in Tanaris to summon you to Gadgetzan, you could do the following:

/who Warlock Tanaris

If you're racist and want only a Gnome Warlock:

/who Gnome Warlock Tanaris

If you met someone a few days ago and want to talk to them, but have since forgotten their name, you can use a level range.  If you knew your friend was level 34 druid a few days ago, chances are they're levels 34-40.

/who 34-40 Druid

There's also some weird formatting you can do that is ultimately useless.  I'd guess it exists to provide some clairty to anyone else you show the command.

/who c-"<CHARACTER NAME>" l-"<LOCATION>" r-"<RACE>"

I'm pretty sure there are some more letters you can preappend values with, but I haven't cared enough to check into it.

The scripting interface for WoW is also pretty powerful.  This WoWWiki page provides the best reference for it that I've ever come accross.  WoWWiki is just about the best reference (for general knowledge.  Thottbot and Allakhazam are better for more item specific inqueries) for WoW in general you'll ever find.  It has information on all the zones, characters, lore, instances, etc.