Author Topic: A small request:  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
A small request:
« on: October 29, 2005, 01:38:09 am »
Please venture onto the Instant Messaging client at least ONCE this weekend, it's making me sad to be alive that you're the only one who can help me solve my issues, and you're never around.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: A small request:
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 02:45:24 am »
This is better suited as a PM. :P

And I don't know why the plugin won't compile for you.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 12:49:21 pm »
This is better suited as a PM. :P
It's on my forum, so it's fine as a post. :-P

And as I always say to people who say that, THAT would also suit a PM.

Quik -- I always have an email client open, and I read the forum frequently.  If you have a problem (with compiling something, perhaps?), post it here somewhere or email me, or PM me (which emails me anyway).  All those are great and reasonably quick ways to contact me. 

I am spending some time with my mom/stepdad this afternoon, going to my dad's later on to do some soldering (for school), then I have some homework to do, and some reason, and I want to push a little forwards in Neverwinter Nights, since I actually think I'm going to have some free time.  Then I'm going to my friend's around 10. 

On a sidenote, am I the only one who has issues with hired mercenaries when joining a multiplayer game?  I can't fire him, I can't heal him, I can't view his character sheet, if I rest, he doesn't heal, if I talk to Aribeth he doesn't heal (act 1), and when he dies, he's gone permenantly (doesn't teleport where I got him, doesn't go back to where I originally hired him)... the only way to get him back is for me to create a new game, hire him, save my character, join my friend's game, until he dies again.  A realll pain.

Tomorrow, I might be around, and I might turn on AIM.  It depends. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 01:01:29 pm »
How far are you in NWN?

I'm in act 2, I just cleared out the forest!

(I played it once this week! Gonna play it today too.)

Weird @ mercenary thing, too.

I just play by myself. :P
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 01:05:33 pm »
with my friend, act 1.  We rescued/killed the Mind Flayer thing, the Yuan Ti, the Mind Flayer again, and the cockatrice.  All that's left is the Nymph.  It's sooo unbalanced with 2 people, though.  Plus, he has a merc, I sometimes have a merc, I have a familiar (Jaguar!), and I have a summoned creature (Dire Wolf, ATM).  So we rip stuff apart, it's like no challenge at all.  Fireballl rocks.  I'm a Sorcerer, he's a Palidan. 

My main character is a Palidan.  I just started act 4.  I just want to finish the damn game with him, though, I'm getting tired of it.  Killing Klauth was such a bitch, especially because I suck at reading (kept missing the word "dead dragon".  But yeah, act 4! :-)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 01:08:33 pm »
Crazy!

For some reason, this is nowhere near as fun as Baldur's Gate 2.

With Baldur's Gate 2, I could find myself playing for hours on end.

With this, after a few hours, I'm bored. Perhaps why I'm so slow in the game. :(
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 01:19:35 pm »
Yeah, I agree.  I usually intersperse NWN with homework [edit: oops, backwards :)].  Like, do homework for 2 hours, play NWN for 30-60mins, do homework more, etc.  It's a nice break. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 10:34:00 pm »
I may just email you. Maybe.

I still think leaving AIM open, but maybe away, would better suit your situation. It allows people to contact you easier, I think.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 11:05:01 pm »
I don't want people contacting me, I'm busy.  That's why I DON'T leave AIM open.