Author Topic: AIM Worm w/ Rootkit  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
AIM Worm w/ Rootkit
« on: October 30, 2005, 09:30:56 pm »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: AIM Worm w/ Rootkit
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 11:34:42 pm »
This is old. Although very few of these type of files have ever had rootkits, it's not a new concept.

Nextly, the fact that this is "extra" scary because the rootkit is designed to be undetectable is like saying bananas are scary because they are designed to be yellow.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 12:07:21 am »
This is old. Although very few of these type of files have ever had rootkits, it's not a new concept.

Nextly, the fact that this is "extra" scary because the rootkit is designed to be undetectable is like saying bananas are scary because they are designed to be yellow.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Just wondering.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 12:11:33 am »

Actually, I do. Although, I think there have been plenty of posts in this forum about AIM viruses, and I don't think we need to be continually informed about something that doesn't frankly affect any of us, it's common sense. If I make an educated decision about if my post is necessary before I type it out, and decide that it is, I am perfectly fine with a mainly negative post.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 08:35:38 am »
I'm afraid I have to agree with Quik on this one tiny topic.  This is old/boring news, and I'm not even sure why /. bothered to run it..

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 09:14:42 am »

I was thinking the same thing, everything I see him say is negative.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.