Author Topic: Jarhead  (Read 6507 times)

trust

Re: Jarhead
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 07:28:32 am »
Oh, and Republicans like to brag about being Republican because they want everyone to know that they're the reason America r0x0r$ and ish.

Yeah, that's the annoying attitude I meant :)
So what side do you consider yourself to be with? Possibly one of the smaller groups or would you just vote for whoever you think would do a better job?

Well you shouldn't vote for somebody JUST because of their party, you should vote for whos going to do the better job. Most of the time, though, that person just happens to be Republican.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 10:59:00 am »
Oh, and Republicans like to brag about being Republican because they want everyone to know that they're the reason America r0x0r$ and ish.

So what side do you consider yourself to be with? Possibly one of the smaller groups or would you just vote for whoever you think would do a better job?

Well you shouldn't vote for somebody JUST because of their party, you should vote for whos going to do the better job. Most of the time, though, that person just happens to be Republican.
I never said I vote for someone because they're of my party, however, a lot of people do.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 12:10:52 pm »

I don't consider myself with any side.  Last election, I liked the NDP (New Democrats Party) for our province because they are good economically.  And they've done a good job, there's been a lot of development in the city/province, but they are too nice to the poor.  We have a national election coming up soon, so I'll have to do a little reading up on the parties.  Or not vote.  Either way..

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 12:24:13 pm »
I talked to a couple of my friends who've seen the movie, and they all seemed to love it.  So don't count it out just because MyndFyre didn't like it :)

They're probably really left wing pussies who don't like action, right?
Stop being a dick.

trust

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2005, 10:51:37 pm »
I talked to a couple of my friends who've seen the movie, and they all seemed to love it.  So don't count it out just because MyndFyre didn't like it :)

They're probably really left wing pussies who don't like action, right?
Stop being a dick.

At least I'm not a pussy.

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 10:52:59 pm »
I'm serious, stop generalizing like that, it's pissing me off.

trust

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2005, 10:55:00 pm »
No.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 08:21:49 pm »
The people I've talked to so far seemed to think it was an awesome movie. I know the local group of Marine DEPs is going to see it sometime, it shall be interesting to see their reaction to it.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 04:44:43 pm »
I thought it was a good movie. Sure it wasn't exactly historically accurate, but it was good.  I thought they'd kill a lot more people.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine