Author Topic: Lets try again.  (Read 14804 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Lets try again.
« on: December 03, 2005, 11:12:06 pm »
My motives for reposting this thread
1) The old topic was filled with flames, and totally off topic.
2) The old topic was old. I know for a fact (well, it was implied, ok?) that xex's opinion on me has changed. I don't know MyndFyre's previous opinion, but me and him have conversed more lately, and we're getting along, so eh?

My motives for rejoining
1) deadly, the main person who had a problem with me.. still does, I think, but much less (we converse in the channel every so often)
2) The same reason as before, when I first joined. x86 is a wonderful group of people, who are people I'd like to associate with.
3) I can moderate off-topic. Go blaze for reminding me.
4) I can spam post in the bunker of pie instead of everywhere else.

My motives for...
There was a third section, but I forgot what it was.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 11:20:35 pm by Joe[e2] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Lets try again.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 11:14:39 pm »
You're almost up there Joe, just less comments like you being moderator of the offtopic forum might be helpful. :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 11:19:43 pm »
Everyone (iago and newby) call it my forum, so I might as well be. Thanks for reminding me of my third motive for joining though. =p

Offline deadly7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 01:45:25 am »
2) The old topic was old. I know for a fact (well, it was implied, ok?) that xex's opinion on me has changed. I don't know MyndFyre's previous opinion, but me and him have conversed more lately, and we're getting along, so eh?

My motives for rejoining
1) deadly, the main person who had a problem with me.. still does, I think, but much less (we converse in the channel every so often)
2) The same reason as before, when I first joined. x86 is a wonderful group of people, who are people I'd like to associate with.

My motives for...
View italicized..
lies, I just... find you less annoying in the channel then on the forums and on AIM!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 03:09:39 am »
Joe, my opinion of you since you've been voted out has not changed much.  Neither has my vote.

However, I'm glad to see you have the perseverance to try again.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 03:33:49 am »

My motives for rejoining

My motives for...
View italicized..
lies, I just... find you less annoying in the channel then on the forums and on AIM!
Judging by the fact this thread is still open (thats not a hint, kthx), you dont hate me THAT much.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 04:43:38 am »
Judging by the fact this thread is still open (thats not a hint, kthx), you dont hate me THAT much.

Just because he didn't lock the thread doesn't mean he likes you.  He possesses the discipline necessary to refrain from doing such a childish thing.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 11:08:32 am »
I like Joe, and always have.  He's active, he tries to be helpful, and he's very friendly. 

He is very good at taking criticism, which is a rare trait.  He doesn't mind being told he's wrong.  For example, he didn't take being removed from the clan really badly.  And since then, he's been a lot better, in my opinion.

He's young, but he's growing up, and he's definitely going places.  Many of you were in his shoes years back, I'm sure. 

But perhaps the best trait of all: he's active.  He comes here every day, and interacts with the members and non-member.  Being active and friendly are the best qualities in a member, and Joe definitely fits those.

He would absolutely have my support for re-joining. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 12:14:55 pm »
I don't really mind it when you post random stuff Joe.  I really don't like it when people bother people with stupid stuff (Yeah, I'm a hypocrit), when people tell you to leave them alone, you don't go and poke the bear.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 12:19:17 pm »
I like Joe, and always have.  He's active, he tries to be helpful, and he's very friendly. 

He is very good at taking criticism, which is a rare trait.  He doesn't mind being told he's wrong.  For example, he didn't take being removed from the clan really badly.  And since then, he's been a lot better, in my opinion.

He's young, but he's growing up, and he's definitely going places.  Many of you were in his shoes years back, I'm sure. 

But perhaps the best trait of all: he's active.  He comes here every day, and interacts with the members and non-member.  Being active and friendly are the best qualities in a member, and Joe definitely fits those.

* Warrior[x86] raises hand slowly :(
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 12:39:32 pm »
I don't really mind it when you post random stuff Joe.  I really don't like it when people bother people with stupid stuff (Yeah, I'm a hypocrit), when people tell you to leave them alone, you don't go and poke the bear.

Haha yeah, that was my own problem.  If somebody doesn't like you, DON'T BUG THEM.  That's just acting childish, and starting fights.

I don't have any major problem with Joe, though.  I think he's very often treated unfairly, and he takes it well.  I respect that, always have. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 12:53:40 pm »
@Sidoh: It was a joke. I know that deadly would lock this, even if he did hate me. He has me blocked on AIM (probably because hes too lazy to unblock =p), but we talk in the channel, so as I said once before, I would consider us pseudofriends.

@iago: I've been trying not to start things with deadly. I don't have major problems with anyone else in the clan, really.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 01:09:14 pm »
wouldn't*?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 01:16:54 pm »
Oops. Yeah. =p

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »

I completley agree with you there, and I myself was once in his shoes. I know that since I joined this clan I have matured (I cant judge how much). I would vote yes for joe to join x86, for the same reasons iago likes him, and we get along pretty well (except him calling me at 12:30am last night <3 (jk!) )