Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 22271 times)

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
Re: Howdy
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2005, 12:31:18 am »
I'm from the exciting land known as Kansas where I go to school and work (I work for the university doing tech support)

Wow, nice to meet you. :)

When you say university, you mean KU, right?  And if so (which would only make sense) I am actually may be going there for college next year.  That would be neat.  Also, where do you live?  In Kansas City, Lawrence, or where? 

Actually, I go to KSU in Manhattan.  I have a lot of friends in Lawrence that go to KU though.  KU really isn't that great of a school to go to if you are looking for engineering whereas KSU has a nationally ranked engineering program.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2005, 04:15:29 pm »
Yeah, it's just like UMR then.  But, I am not going in for engineering. :)  I am going for Computer Science and Business.  I also want to go to UMR, but they don't have all of what I am looking for. :(
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2005, 04:47:56 pm »
I know why you like it!

(Change Ether to Ethanol)

And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2005, 05:07:00 pm »
Drunken DotA is rarely planned, usually happens when some of us find ourselves half-drunk and with nothing better to do at 4 in the morning :P

However, the 2nd planned Drunken DotA LAN party will be somwhere in the 12/20 - 12/23 range.  We will probably try to get a bunch to remote in.

@Warrior: I love you too, but only on thursdays.
Haha, the winner only has to ACT drunk.  A sober person would kick your asses! :P

Thats part of the fun, the better you do the more you have to drink, and those of us that are in the upper part of the skill scale usually get a head start ;)

@deadly: I probably need more than just your vote  :D

I remember playing Goldeneye while pretty drunk, against some sober friends.  Sober, I was pro at the game, but they weren't.  Even drunk, I was still kicking ass.  The only difference was, I wasn't really focussing, and I had no clue what I was doing, but they still got hosed.  Hooray for instinct!

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2005, 06:31:05 pm »
Yeah, it's just like UMR then.  But, I am not going in for engineering. :)  I am going for Computer Science and Business.  I also want to go to UMR, but they don't have all of what I am looking for. :(
UMR was actually my first pick, but they jacked tuition at the last minute and I decided to go to my second pick.  CS falls under Engineering at KSU and I don't know how well it is ranked, but its a pretty good program.  I know Illinois has a damn fine CS program though, have you looked at them?

@Blaze: well, I have been known to be a very active drunk :)

I remember playing Goldeneye while pretty drunk, against some sober friends.  Sober, I was pro at the game, but they weren't.  Even drunk, I was still kicking ass.  The only difference was, I wasn't really focussing, and I had no clue what I was doing, but they still got hosed.  Hooray for instinct!
I rarely play console games but oddly enough I am a lot better at Halo/Halo2 drunk than I am sober.  Who knew?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2005, 06:43:19 pm »
I haven't gotten into a console game since Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.  I don't own any new console, just NES, SNES and N64.  And a Sega somewhere.  And Intellivision.  And Virtual Boy. Not really

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2005, 07:08:51 pm »
UMR was actually my first pick, but they jacked tuition at the last minute and I decided to go to my second pick.  CS falls under Engineering at KSU and I don't know how well it is ranked, but its a pretty good program.  I know Illinois has a damn fine CS program though, have you looked at them?

@Blaze: well, I have been known to be a very active drunk :)

I rarely play console games but oddly enough I am a lot better at Halo/Halo2 drunk than I am sober.  Who knew?
No, I haven't looked at Illonis.  I don't know if my parents want me to go that far out-of-state.  I live in Kansas City Missouri and so KU is out of state for me too.  But, it's closer than MU and UMR.  Also, I have a bunch of family in Kansas that may allow me to use their address.  That way I don't have to pay out of state tuition.. But, we'll see.
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2005, 08:03:06 pm »
No, I haven't looked at Illonis.  I don't know if my parents want me to go that far out-of-state.  I live in Kansas City Missouri and so KU is out of state for me too.  But, it's closer than MU and UMR.  Also, I have a bunch of family in Kansas that may allow me to use their address.  That way I don't have to pay out of state tuition.. But, we'll see.

If you can't get instate, look into the MidWest Student Exchange, it allows a certain number of students from each state to get reduced (usually 1.5 instate) tuition rather than paying full out of state tuition.  I definately incourage you to look at KSU's CS program though, I think you'll like it a lot better than KU's which is in my opinion one of the worst ones in the state.  Manhattan is about 2 hours from the Missouri side of KC, so its not too bad.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2005, 09:22:59 pm »

Brian plays Goldeneye drunk! You remind me of him. :)!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2005, 12:36:09 am »

Brian plays Goldeneye drunk! You remind me of him. :)!

Lies! I so don't!

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2005, 01:03:07 am »
Conkers Bad Fur day!  :D
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2005, 04:29:53 am »
LOVE

BAD
FUR
DAY

>:O!!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2005, 12:18:05 pm »
Haha @ Blaze.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2005, 01:21:55 pm »

If you can't get instate, look into the MidWest Student Exchange, it allows a certain number of students from each state to get reduced (usually 1.5 instate) tuition rather than paying full out of state tuition.  I definately incourage you to look at KSU's CS program though, I think you'll like it a lot better than KU's which is in my opinion one of the worst ones in the state.  Manhattan is about 2 hours from the Missouri side of KC, so its not too bad.

Okay, I will look into that.  But, why do you think KU has one of the worse CS program?
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2005, 02:35:11 pm »
I'm a big fan of Revis, Green Day,

Your joking right?
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.