Author Topic: Anybody know The-Fool?  (Read 6912 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Anybody know The-Fool?
« on: October 17, 2004, 11:53:08 am »
If you do, tell him to get in touch with me.  I heard he made jbnls or jnls or something based on my code.  I'd be happy to promote it for him on my site, if he wants.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know The-Fool?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 01:52:02 pm »
im pretty good friends with him, and he announced his project on my boards. i will talk to him about getting in touch with you. im not sure if it's going to be open-source yet, but in my opinion keeping it closed-source is a bad idea, and open-source isn't so good of an idea either. im not sure what he's going to do with it, but im *sure* he would be happy for you to beta test it.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 04:17:39 pm »
I don't plan on beta-testing it, or even using it.  But I'll tell people about it.

My only condition, like any projects I do, is that it's opensource.

If somebody backdoors it and runs it on their server, and you get caught, you're an idiot for trusting them.

If it's closed source and somebody is running it on their server, it would be easy with tcpdump, ethereal, iptables, and even a proxy program to steal the keys and passwords anyway, so somebody being able to reprogram it is hardly a reason.

The advantage if it's opensource is that people can verify that is isn't backdoored, and they can happily run it for themselves, or their clans, or whatever.

In any case, direct him to this thread if he wants me to advertise.  If he does, I'll put a sticky post on my forum and I'll put it on JavaOp's page somewhere.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 04:30:29 pm by iago »

Offline The-FooL

• View Profile
    • FooLOps
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 04:48:15 pm »
I know The-FooL.

You + Quik have convinced me, instead of keeping it private(or public/closed source), I am going turn the project open source.  

I'll probably put it up on Quikness's boards in a few days, after I have a chance to fix up my commenting and a few other odds/ends.  Once up, other people that know more what they're doing may want to try to modify it, which would be ok with me.

Here is the current topic (w/ screenshots).
http://www.quikness.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 04:50:48 pm »
Awesome :)

When you do, let me know.  I love you how you mimiced BNLS's protocol so you can use bots that require BNLS.  That's, like, totally sexy.

Good work, I'm glad to see my code going to good use :)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 06:20:32 pm »
Wow that is so incredibly Kickass fool.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Tuberload

• Neophyte
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 06:21:22 pm »
How much of iago's code is used in this JBNLS? If it heavily relies on it I think it only makes sense to keep it open source.
I am prepared to be ridiculed for what I believe, are you?

Offline The-FooL

• View Profile
    • FooLOps
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 06:54:40 pm »
The actual key/account hashing relies on iagos classes.  All the server/parsing/connection is mine.

Offline God_Of_SlaYerS

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 07:41:58 pm »
I dont think fool should release code for JBLS or the product itself because it is a very powerful tool for hackers to steal keys/passes.
You know much you hate it when rince does it.  People like him would tricks people with lack of computer knowledge to steal their pass/key.
If a child hurts him self would you blame the child for hurting him self? or Would you think poor thing he doesnt know?
It's the same with newbs.   It's not their fault they are not Computer people. They just dont know.  It's just their innocence that hurt em just like the childs.
I think we have enough loaders with 1000's of keys. I dont want them to have million's.  
Fool's product is a very revolutionizing/powerful tool.  It is not something to be in the hands of hackers.
It's like america give bombs to Iraq/Afganisthan and they use em against them or other countries.

Please take sometime to think about other users.  There might be a few poeple who can barely afford the game. They lose the key and do you think they can buy it again. It's not just east/west. This also spreads to Asia/Europe.

How about just make it a limited use product?
Just trusted ppl or soemthing like that.

Sry for the breaks in the sentences. I wrote it in notepad first

Flame away....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 07:49:42 pm by God_Of_SlaYerS »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 08:13:59 pm »
God_of_slayers: did you read my post? Keys can just as easily be stolen if it's closed source, so it's irrelevant.

Tuberload: My source isn't GNU or anything, it's public domain, so he can do what he wants with my code.  It's just nice if he releases it :)

Offline God_Of_SlaYerS

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 09:19:40 pm »
God_of_slayers: did you read my post? Keys can just as easily be stolen if it's closed source, so it's irrelevant.

Tuberload: My source isn't GNU or anything, it's public domain, so he can do what he wants with my code.  It's just nice if he releases it :)

Did you read my post =)

I said limited edition. Only few TRUSTED people get it. So he doesnt release it public.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 09:53:24 pm »
If he releases the source to the public what they do with it is his problem, that the main point of open sourcing it so if some retard decides to log passwords and keys he isnt held responsible as it was not in the origional coding, id throw in a little TOS stating I am responsible for this code UNTIL the code is modified in anyway.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 09:43:51 am »
I understand now -- he wants nothing released (executable or source).

The thing is, I don't trust HIM, and he has no reason to trust ME.  That's why I like opensource -- if somebody doesn't trust JavaOp, they can validate it for themselves.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 09:46:56 am by iago »

Offline The-FooL

• View Profile
    • FooLOps
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 10:15:00 pm »
Well, I changed my comments faster than I thought, and here it is:
http://www.quikness.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22

Have fun with it.