Author Topic: 'CD-Key Generator'  (Read 7602 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: 'CD-Key Generator'
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 03:06:56 pm »
I don't not steal because I'm afraid of getting caught, I don't steal because it's wrong. 

Exactly.  And I completely agree with you... if you think you need another CD Key, just pay the damned $10.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 11:19:17 pm »
I bought Starcraft for an extra key once, and the CD-Key was taken, and they wouldn't let me return it. Later that night I cut myself 13 times. :'(
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 12:53:29 am »
I bought Starcraft for an extra key once, and the CD-Key was taken, and they wouldn't let me return it. Later that night I cut myself 13 times. :'(

Thats when you mail it to blizzard, and they give you one fresh of the presses. :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 01:12:27 pm »
Heh. Owned@metal
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 11:24:06 pm »
I don't not steal because I'm afraid of getting caught, I don't steal because it's wrong. 

Guys, the game is like $10 to buy.  If you want a key, don't steal from the next poor customer who buys the game, just put out the $10 and buy it!

What if the things you want are a few hundred dollars at least and owned by a large company that gets the money/equivilent equipment back by insurance? Not that they need it. You get equipment, they get the cash which is just as good as money, and the insurance company keeps another customer happy, without actually hurting their employees (unless it's the abusive kind). Everyone wins!
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2005, 03:07:46 am »
Elaborating on what Quik said..

Walmart is the world's biggest corporation, even beating Microsoft, IIRC. They sell milk for less than they buy it for, strategically placing it in the back of the store to con you into buying things you walk past on the way to buy some (we talked about this in economics =p). If they can do that with milk, ten dollars will not hurt them.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 09:04:18 am »

Walmart is the world's biggest corporation, even beating Microsoft, IIRC. They sell milk for less than they buy it for, strategically placing it in the back of the store to con you into buying things you walk past on the way to buy some (we talked about this in economics =p). If they can do that with milk, ten dollars will not hurt them.

They buy everything for less than they sell it. No exceptions. They outsource american work with indians and iirc they have no union. This is why my teacher has a theory that Walmart will rule the world one day (Seriously, she ranted for like the entire period)
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

trust

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 09:21:42 am »

Guys, the game is like $10 to buy.  If you want a key, don't steal from the next poor customer who buys the game, just put out the $10 and buy it!

Not that I've stolen a key from the store, but iago, how aboot you send us all $10 since you have a job and stuff. :P

BTW, back in the day (like 4 years ago) they still sold the games with the cd-keys on the outside. At least for WAR2 anyway.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 01:46:11 pm »
What if the things you want are a few hundred dollars at least and owned by a large company that gets the money/equivilent equipment back by insurance? Not that they need it. You get equipment, they get the cash which is just as good as money, and the insurance company keeps another customer happy, without actually hurting their employees (unless it's the abusive kind). Everyone wins!

The insurance company loses money.  If it happens significantly often, the insurance company has to raise its premiums.  Then all stores lose, especially smaller ones, because they're stuck paying more for insurance.

In any case, in this scenario, it's the next person who buys the game that's losing the money. 

Do you have a source on that information?  It wouldn't really surprise me, but I thought doing that was illegal. 

Not that I've stolen a key from the store, but iago, how aboot you send us all $10 since you have a job and stuff. :P
I don't have a job right now.  And you're just begging me to make a "rich kid" comment...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005, 03:42:12 pm »

That doesn't make it justifiable, though.  I thought you were religious?

Walmart isn't the worlds biggest corporation, either.  Citigroup is.  Walmart is 6th.  Do some research...  Microsoft isn't that big of a corporation, it's just rich relative to its size because of the monopoly it holds.  It's not even in the top 10.

http://www.forbes.com/2002/03/27/forbes500.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 03:44:29 pm by Sidoh »