Author Topic: Info on Windows' WMF Vulnerability  (Read 16567 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Info on Windows' WMF Vulnerability
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2006, 06:09:51 pm »
Blaster and Sasser are extinct. Everyone else installed the patch, which means that nobody is there to send it to me! Not to mention I'm on 56k and would take days to download it I'm so slow =p

They aren't even CLOSE to extinct!  They're still spreading as fast as ever, mostly because of dumb people who don't install patches. 

If you use Windows, shouldn't you buy it for real?  I mean, if you're going to use it, you probably want it to be better, so you should at least be giving Microsoft the $450 that they deserve. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2006, 06:40:01 pm »
Blaster and Sasser are extinct. Everyone else installed the patch, which means that nobody is there to send it to me! Not to mention I'm on 56k and would take days to download it I'm so slow =p

They aren't even CLOSE to extinct!  They're still spreading as fast as ever, mostly because of dumb people who don't install patches. 

If you use Windows, shouldn't you buy it for real?  I mean, if you're going to use it, you probably want it to be better, so you should at least be giving Microsoft the $450 that they deserve. 
The $450 that they deserve for having a broken operating system.  Right.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2006, 07:18:56 pm »
I got all of mine at the Vancouver Microsoft Employee discount. ($ 30)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2006, 08:39:32 pm »

Yet, you're still using it.  Pretty hypocritical to complain about it when there are perfectly good alternatives, isn't it? :P

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2006, 09:18:41 pm »

Yet, you're still using it.  Pretty hypocritical to complain about it when there are perfectly good alternatives, isn't it? :P
I use Linux on the side too.. I just can't.. change everything!  Linux takes time++ to get used to.  Plus, Starcraft won't work! :\  Not to mention, using Linux as your main operating system would blow if you run it on a box that takes ten years to process 1*6
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2006, 09:24:31 pm »
I use Linux on the side too.. I just can't.. change everything!  Linux takes time++ to get used to.  Plus, Starcraft won't work! :\  Not to mention, using Linux as your main operating system would blow if you run it on a box that takes ten years to process 1*6

It'd be even worse to run Windows on such a horrid machine.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2006, 09:35:38 pm »

Yes, and learning Linux is like learning French: you have to immerse yourself in it, and force yourself to use it all the time, and you'll learn it in no time. 

Also, I can design a digital circuit, with logic gates and everything, which can process 1*6 in a very short period.  Hell, I can start with the transistors if you want to be hardcore.  That's a way overexaggeration :P

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2006, 09:39:58 pm »
Also, I can design a digital circuit, with logic gates and everything, which can process 1*6 in a very short period.  Hell, I can start with the transistors if you want to be hardcore.  That's a way overexaggeration Tongue
I like my hyperbole, thanks!

It'd be even worse to run Windows on such a horrid machine.
I don't run Windows on the other computer, my dad does. :|

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2006, 10:02:08 pm »
Plus, Starcraft won't work! :\
yes it does, use wine. excuse my caps, i'm holding a napkin to my chin to stop bleeding

whats a hyper bowl?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2006, 10:20:46 pm »
Plus, Starcraft won't work! :\
yes it does, use wine. excuse my caps, i'm holding a napkin to my chin to stop bleeding

whats a hyper bowl?

Maybe he'd rather use Windows.

I'll assume the question was meant as a joke.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2006, 01:53:16 pm »
Wow, it's been around since Windows 3.0. But at least this guy says Win9x poons XP
http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2006/01/13/417431.aspx
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology