Author Topic: lewwwwwwwwwwt  (Read 61984 times)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: lewwwwwwwwwwt
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2006, 07:01:48 pm »
I would but I don't like pve/rp/rppvp servers. If it was a pvp server Horde, I'd love to, I've been trying to level a mage recently on Altar of Storms but it's just not working out.

What level, and why isn't it working out?
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2006, 12:12:31 pm »
I would but I don't like pve/rp/rppvp servers. If it was a pvp server Horde, I'd love to, I've been trying to level a mage recently on Altar of Storms but it's just not working out.

Mages are very annoying to level.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2006, 12:15:43 pm »

You have no idea how easy they are to level.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2006, 01:00:19 pm »

Maybe I'm just lazy, I've had two rogues to 60, and they were both enjoyable to play all the way there, I get on this mage and it just...doesn't have the same feeling to it. Maybe I just don't want to level again? Don't know.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2006, 02:12:51 pm »

Maybe I'm just lazy, I've had two rogues to 60, and they were both enjoyable to play all the way there, I get on this mage and it just...doesn't have the same feeling to it. Maybe I just don't want to level again? Don't know.

Mages are easy to level. In my opinion, all DPS classes are, because they just lay on damage and don't take forever to kill things. As well, mages have AoE spells, which are great for grinding. (I personally never used them, it wasn't my style.) It's possible you're playing them wrong, or maybe there's some aspect about them that you really don't like. Mana, clothy, etc. While a mage isn't my main anymore, I have to admit, I miss teleport so goddamn much.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2006, 02:23:27 pm »
Rogues are easier to level than Mages IMO.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2006, 02:28:10 pm »
Rogues are easier to level than Mages IMO.

They are a bit easier, but both are a hell of a lot easier to than, say, a warrior. Then again, my mage leveled really fast for  me because I liked it so much. My rogue leveled a bit faster because I *had* to, but when I had no enthusiasm for it, it went really slow. Sometimes, it really depends on how much you like the class.

Though, also, I can't talk *too* much from experience because my mage/rogue aren't endgame, they're only 30/40.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2006, 02:32:45 pm »
They are a bit easier, but both are a hell of a lot easier to than, say, a warrior. Then again, my mage leveled really fast for  me because I liked it so much. My rogue leveled a bit faster because I *had* to, but when I had no enthusiasm for it, it went really slow. Sometimes, it really depends on how much you like the class.

Though, also, I can't talk *too* much from experience because my mage/rogue aren't endgame, they're only 30/40.

Rogues have significant advantages over other classes with stealth.  I can't tell you how easy it makes questing.

Mages kill really fast, but not usually as fast as a Rogue.  Plus, when they're done killing really fast, they have to take a break to drink.

And also, this is my 9000th post.  You should feel lucky! :D  (hehe jk)

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2006, 02:38:31 pm »

Rogues have significant advantages over other classes with stealth.  I can't tell you how easy it makes questing.

Mages kill really fast, but not usually as fast as a Rogue.  Plus, when they're done killing really fast, they have to take a break to drink.

And also, this is my 9000th post.  You should feel lucky! :D  (hehe jk)

Haha. -_-

And, stealth makes things annoyingly easy. Have to kill the named at the end of the cave? Just stealth there, pop up, kill him, vanish, leave. Mage? Kill everything in the cave, and have sheep break every time you try and kill the named, so you get pounded into the dirt and mutilated like the clothy you are.

Though, mages are still my favorite class, simply because they do have other advantages that make life a lot easier (evocation, teleport/portal, water/food making, blink), but unfortunately, other classes take advantage of mages...

I do like hunter, though. You kill almost as fast as a rogue, are never really alone, and, hey, I can stealth! -_-

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2006, 03:41:59 am »
I could AoE grind 40k+ xp/hour when I was leveling my mage.  If I didn't take so long farming gold I would have finished in 3-4 weeks in casual game play. 

With the ability to AoE grind, AND make your own food/water, it's a cakewalk.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2006, 11:13:04 am »
I could AoE grind 40k+ xp/hour when I was leveling my mage.  If I didn't take so long farming gold I would have finished in 3-4 weeks in casual game play. 

With the ability to AoE grind, AND make your own food/water, it's a cakewalk.
I could solo grind that much exp in an hour.  :P

Anyways, back on topic. Bindings of the Windseeker (right side) finally dropped last night, went to MT. First ever for the guild.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2006, 01:44:25 pm »
I don't believe you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2006, 01:53:36 pm »
I don't believe you.

You should.  You get 500-600 XP (UNRESTED) for killing the elite mobs in Hearthglen (which is easily do-able by a Rogue at level 57 or so).  You get similar numbers for killing other elites around Azeroth. :P

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2006, 02:11:12 pm »
I understand this, I still don't think you can get as much xp as I do killing 10+ mobs at once every minute and a half

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2006, 02:17:29 pm »
I understand this, I still don't think you can get as much xp as I do killing 10+ mobs at once every minute and a half

I could kill those elites in about 20 seconds, giving 10 seconds for rest/finding another one to kill.  So, I could get 40,000 XP UNRESTED in about 40 minutes at that rate. :p

40 000 / (500 / 30) = 2 400/60 = 40