Author Topic: Windows is so hard to... obtain  (Read 10552 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Windows is so hard to... obtain
« on: February 02, 2006, 01:12:30 am »

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: Windows is so hard to... obtain
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 01:34:46 am »
I...don't...get..it..
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 01:43:36 am »
I...don't...get..it..

Let's just say my version of XP isn't completely legitimate (as most of the people who use it here can relate to).  I didn't even have to try to crack it...

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 02:39:19 am »
Not too hard, crack WGA in it's current state and I'll be impressed.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 02:45:53 am »

What are you talking about?  You surprise me with your unobservant qualities sometimes.

I'm scoffing at how easy it was to bypass Windows' activation sequence.  I pressed "Next" and it worked.  I've done this the last few times I've reformatted using the same CD-key.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 03:06:57 am »

What are you talking about?  You surprise me with your unobservant qualities sometimes.

I'm scoffing at how easy it was to bypass Windows' activation sequence.  I pressed "Next" and it worked.  I've done this the last few times I've reformatted using the same CD-key.

Yea because you really said that right?
You said "I didnt even have to try to crack" which could be taken as "It was so easy to crack I didn't even have to really try".

Maybe if I had more information I would have responded differently. Maybe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 03:18:30 am »
Yea because you really said that right?
You said "I didnt even have to try to crack" which could be taken as "It was so easy to crack I didn't even have to really try".

Maybe if I had more information I would have responded differently. Maybe.

Given the fact that every activation crack I've ever seen completely bypasses interfacing with the product activation application, I think my screenshot would have been a dead give away of my implications...

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 03:41:32 am »
I'm not one to give you the benefit of the doubt for doing it a set way.
Regardless, withought proper information can't blame me for getting the wrong idea for
something so easy to interpret as wrong.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 02:45:06 pm »
Regardless, withought proper information can't blame me for getting the wrong idea for

Sure I can; I just did.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 02:51:33 pm »

Sure I can; I just did.

Sure, but it's sort of ironic how you failed to read over your own post enough to make a simple
conclusion on how that could be misinterpreted. Perhaps you should read a little instead of jumping the gun in an attempt to get one over everyone on the forum.

It would also be cruicial to note that when you're on the losing side of an argument resorting to measley posts like that which offer no sort of counter whatsoever isn't very intelligent.

Now, when you either think of something smart to reply to this remember to think long and hard and look over what you say carefully so another one of these doesn't occur.

If you have any other questions regarding this as always feel free to respond with that question.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 03:06:59 pm »
Sure, but it's sort of ironic how you failed to read over your own post enough to make a simple
conclusion on how that could be misinterpreted. Perhaps you should read a little instead of jumping the gun in an attempt to get one over everyone on the forum.

It would also be cruicial to note that when you're on the losing side of an argument resorting to measley posts like that which offer no sort of counter whatsoever isn't very intelligent.

Now, when you either think of something smart to reply to this remember to think long and hard and look over what you say carefully so another one of these doesn't occur.

If you have any other questions regarding this as always feel free to respond with that question.

Let me break it down:

"Windows is so hard to... obtain"

Note the presence of the "...", which by all conventional literary terms indicates some sort of pause -- in this case, it implies I'm looking for a word.  If you have been in any sort of situation where you are looking for an "appropriate" word and have a pause in your dialog, a "..." will generally constitute that time gap.

Now note that since I was hesitating, I could have easily been doing it with a sarcastic mannerism.  In this case, this conclusion is extremely likely since it was obviously purposeful.  This isn't real life -- I could have pressed backspace and deleted the periods if I had wanted to.

When you were confused, I nicely explained what it was I was attempting to communicate, you still didn't get it, mistaking my words as some sort of boastful claim.  If you knew me at all, you'd know I hate arrogance and therefore attempt to dilute my own mannerisms that could be labeled as smug.  I don't expect you to know that, but at least now you do.

Lastly, look at the image.  If you've been around Windows much at all, that's the screen confirming that activating windows was successful (as can be intuitively deduced by the text displayed).  Sure, that could imply that I had modified the operating system in some way to fool it into thinking it has been activated, but I've never seen an activation crack which works in this way; generally, it removes the requirement of activation altogether.  If you didn't know that, it could easily be because you've always had legitimate licences for Windows.  However, knowing you, I would automatically assume you would understand this is how such a workaround would function.

Basically, I provided you with all the information you needed in order to accurately conclude my implications.  Most were implicit, but oh well.  Complain all you want -- doesn't bother me.

You think you're on the winning side of this argument?  Honestly, I don't even look at this as an intelligent debate.  It was a simple matter of misinterpretation.  If you want to take offense to me saying you should have gotten it, that's your problem, not mine.

It's not my fault that you failed to understand my implicit "humor"/suggestions in this post.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 03:19:05 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 05:26:30 pm »

Let me break it down:

"Windows is so hard to... obtain"

Note the presence of the "...", which by all conventional literary terms indicates some sort of pause -- in this case, it implies I'm looking for a word.  If you have been in any sort of situation where you are looking for an "appropriate" word and have a pause in your dialog, a "..." will generally constitute that time gap.

Now note that since I was hesitating, I could have easily been doing it with a sarcastic mannerism.  In this case, this conclusion is extremely likely since it was obviously purposeful.  This isn't real life -- I could have pressed backspace and deleted the periods if I had wanted to.

When you were confused, I nicely explained what it was I was attempting to communicate, you still didn't get it, mistaking my words as some sort of boastful claim.  If you knew me at all, you'd know I hate arrogance and therefore attempt to dilute my own mannerisms that could be labeled as smug.  I don't expect you to know that, but at least now you do.

Lastly, look at the image.  If you've been around Windows much at all, that's the screen confirming that activating windows was successful (as can be intuitively deduced by the text displayed).  Sure, that could imply that I had modified the operating system in some way to fool it into thinking it has been activated, but I've never seen an activation crack which works in this way; generally, it removes the requirement of activation altogether.  If you didn't know that, it could easily be because you've always had legitimate licences for Windows.  However, knowing you, I would automatically assume you would understand this is how such a workaround would function.

Basically, I provided you with all the information you needed in order to accurately conclude my implications.  Most were implicit, but oh well.  Complain all you want -- doesn't bother me.

You think you're on the winning side of this argument?  Honestly, I don't even look at this as an intelligent debate.  It was a simple matter of misinterpretation.  If you want to take offense to me saying you should have gotten it, that's your problem, not mine.

It's not my fault that you failed to understand my implicit "humor"/suggestions in this post.

Of course it's your fault, if you fail to provide enough details for it to be interpreted correctly then it's your fault and your fault alone, what don't you get.

I'll take offense to you making a smart ass remark when it's your fault for failing to provide details, when you say something and someone misunderstands you shouldn't remark with that false sense of superiority of "Oh you should have gotten that" when you fail to provide even minimal hint that would allow someone to reach that conclusion. It's annoying.

Like I said, sorry for me giving you the benefit of the doubt for being innovative, won't happen again.
I consider this an argument, intelligent or not because you have an attitude which I really don't like and arguing with you is the only way you'll see that in this topic you're not making any sense and are mostly going off some assumption.

I don't get what was so hard to understand about my post but incase you have any other questions after this feel free to post them.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 06:50:21 pm »
Of course it's your fault, if you fail to provide enough details for it to be interpreted correctly then it's your fault and your fault alone, what don't you get.

I'll take offense to you making a smart ass remark when it's your fault for failing to provide details, when you say something and someone misunderstands you shouldn't remark with that false sense of superiority of "Oh you should have gotten that" when you fail to provide even minimal hint that would allow someone to reach that conclusion. It's annoying.

Like I said, sorry for me giving you the benefit of the doubt for being innovative, won't happen again.
I consider this an argument, intelligent or not because you have an attitude which I really don't like and arguing with you is the only way you'll see that in this topic you're not making any sense and are mostly going off some assumption.

I don't get what was so hard to understand about my post but incase you have any other questions after this feel free to post them.

It's my fault for assuming that people that read this topic will be intelligent enough to deduce its meaning by themselves?  I, without hesitation or remark, provided more information on the topic, which you could have easily used to relate to the already provided information.  Sorry I assumed you were intelligent enough to figure it out for yourself.  Won't happen again. ;)

I've already explained that I think I provided plenty of information.  I personally think that anyone with any sort of detective-type skills would have been able to figure it out.  You're playing on an argument I've already countered quite well.  If you're going to do that, at least retort my counter-argument.

Why would I find an innovative way to crack Windows when it's already easy?  That seems like a complete waste of time to me.  Innovation is only good when the area it is affecting needs innovation.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 07:08:58 pm »

It's my fault for assuming that people that read this topic will be intelligent enough to deduce its meaning by themselves?  I, without hesitation or remark, provided more information on the topic, which you could have easily used to relate to the already provided information.  Sorry I assumed you were intelligent enough to figure it out for yourself.  Won't happen again. ;)

I've already explained that I think I provided plenty of information.  I personally think that anyone with any sort of detective-type skills would have been able to figure it out.  You're playing on an argument I've already countered quite well.  If you're going to do that, at least retort my counter-argument.

Why would I find an innovative way to crack Windows when it's already easy?  That seems like a complete waste of time to me.  Innovation is only good when the area it is affecting needs innovation.

I countered whatever you said in response by simply restating the original argument since you provided no real counter and by that it can be taken that you possibly needed it explained slowly incase you missed something.

I don't know, you posted the topic in windows security a forum for things like new ways to figure things out which usually include the use of innovation..if you were going to post to make a joke or whatever it is you were trying to get out of this you should have posted in roflcopter.

Like I said, you want to blame someone to assume something when there is an overwhelming amount of other things which can easily be used to misinterpret what you said as I stated above.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 07:21:41 pm »
I countered whatever you said in response by simply restating the original argument since you provided no real counter and by that it can be taken that you possibly needed it explained slowly incase you missed something.

I don't know, you posted the topic in windows security a forum for things like new ways to figure things out which usually include the use of innovation..if you were going to post to make a joke or whatever it is you were trying to get out of this you should have posted in roflcopter.

Like I said, you want to blame someone to assume something when there is an overwhelming amount of other things which can easily be used to misinterpret what you said as I stated above.

"whatever I said" implies that you didn't actually read it, which makes the last two posts you've added completely useless.  I provided a perfectly legitimate counter, you chose to not discuss it, portraying one of two things: you didn't read/understand it or you want to strengthen your argument by leaving pieces of mine out.

Seeing as Windows views these types of things as "security," I decided this was a rather appropriate place for this topic.

An overwhelming number?  Make a list, please.  If you find two or three overwhelming, I certainly hope you can get a firmer grasp on life before you graduate.  I predict you'll be overwhelmed quite often if that's the case.  I can assume whatever I want.  I think the intellectual level of this community is rather high, and decided they didn't need an explanation with the pieces of information I provided.

I provided enough information for anyone educated enough in technology to understand what I'm talking about.  You simply misinterpreted the tone of one of my sentences, which is basically what sparked this entire argument:

I didn't even have to try to crack it...

I didn't mean I cracked it with little effort, I meant I didn't even attempt to crack it.  Sure, I could have used different wording, but I can't have an infinite amount of insight.  You expecting me to is completely invalid.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 07:30:56 pm »

"whatever I said" implies that you didn't actually read it, which makes the last two posts you've added completely useless.  I provided a perfectly legitimate counter, you chose to not discuss it, portraying one of two things: you didn't read/understand it or you want to strengthen your argument by leaving pieces of mine out.

Seeing as Windows views these types of things as "security," I decided this was a rather appropriate place for this topic.

An overwhelming number?  Make a list, please.  If you find two or three overwhelming, I certainly hope you can get a firmer grasp on life before you graduate.  I predict you'll be overwhelmed quite often if that's the case.  I can assume whatever I want.  I think the intellectual level of this community is rather high, and decided they didn't need an explanation with the pieces of information I provided.

I provided enough information for anyone educated enough in technology to understand what I'm talking about.  You simply misinterpreted the tone of one of my sentences, which is basically what sparked this entire argument:

I didn't even have to try to crack it...

I didn't mean I cracked it with little effort, I meant I didn't even attempt to crack it.  Sure, I could have used different wording, but I can't have an infinite amount of insight.  You expecting me to is completely invalid.

So you think security is you "bypassing" something which has been done hundreds of times and it's quite old? Interesting, and you talk so much about the "intellectual" level of people how ironic.

Now let me list:

Forum Name
Topic Name
Your Post
Your Image

That's four, more than two or three, so yea you lose.

Misinterpreting the tone along with the circumstance of it being in the security section when it belonged elsewhere, an image which really does nothing to make me think otherwise, and a message which does nothing to make me think otherwise. Seems like all fingers point to you regarding who's fault it was, and you still try to blame me for the misinterpretation when your lack of information is what started this, again interesting.

trust

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 07:31:30 pm »
Thanks for your contribution to increased prices for everybody.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 07:32:39 pm »
haha.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 07:38:12 pm »
Teach me your secret. I can't seem to activate Windows even on keys I own. :/
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 07:44:09 pm »
So you think security is you "bypassing" something which has been done hundreds of times and it's quite old? Interesting, and you talk so much about the "intellectual" level of people how ironic.

Now let me list:

Forum Name
Topic Name
Your Post
Your Image

Misinterpreting the tone along with the circumstance of it being in the security section when it belonged elsewhere, an image which really does nothing to make me think otherwise, and a message which does nothing to make me think otherwise. Seems like all fingers point to you regarding who's fault it was, and you still try to blame me for the misinterpretation when your lack of information is what started this, again interesting.

Nice horribly illiterate sentences.  Sorry, had to...

As I've already mentioned, I was making fun of Windows, most boasting the skills I have to crack it.  As I've already mentioned (you failed to recognize it again, even after I'd explicitly mentioned it):

If you knew me at all, you'd know I hate arrogance and therefore attempt to dilute my own mannerisms that could be labeled as smug.

This was a poor stab at humor, I'll admit.  It didn't even imagine that people would interpret this as bragging.  If you're so insecure that you view something like this as a challege, I truely feel sympathy for you.

Concurrently, I would like to point out that four is far from overwhelming as well.  Besides, the context used on a global scale provides enough information (as I've already pointed out) to understand what I'm talking about.

You're welcome.

It probably has something to do with the fact I acivated it on version 2002.

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 07:46:20 pm »

Thanks for contributing to the supply and demand that gave them the ability to increase prices for everybody.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 07:47:17 pm »
Thanks for contributing to the supply and demand that gave them the ability to increase prices for everybody.

Hahaha.  I love you.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 07:49:26 pm »

Now let me list:

Forum Name
Topic Name
Your Post
Your Image

Nice horribly illiterate sentences.  Sorry, had to...

As I've already mentioned, I was making fun of Windows, most boasting the skills I have to crack it.  As I've already mentioned (you failed to recognize it again, even after I'd explicitly mentioned it):

If you knew me at all, you'd know I hate arrogance and therefore attempt to dilute my own mannerisms that could be labeled as smug.

This was a poor stab at humor, I'll admit.  It didn't even imagine that people would interpret this as bragging.  If you're so insecure that you view something like this as a challege, I truely feel sympathy for you.

Concurrently, I would like to point out that four is far from overwhelming as well.  Besides, the context used on a global scale provides enough information (as I've already pointed out) to understand what I'm talking about.

You're welcome.

It probably has something to do with the fact I acivated it on version 2002.

Sorry forgot you were my english teacher. Incase you didn't know, english isn't my native language so I don't see it logical to even bring that into an argument, so yea take it somewhere else.

You may have mentioned it but you consider to use the same argument that it was "my fault" and I'll continue to bring up that argument regardless.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 07:51:49 pm »
Sorry forgot you were my english teacher. Incase you didn't know, english isn't my native language so I don't see it logical to even bring that into an argument, so yea take it somewhere else.

You may have mentioned it but you consider to use the same argument that it was "my fault" and I'll continue to bring up that argument regardless.

No, I didn't know that.  I wasn't trying to be mean.  I just felt like making another lame stab at humor.

And I'll continue to argue that you lacked the insight to see more than one possible meaning in something I wrote!  It's your responsibility as the reader! ;)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 08:05:37 pm »

No, I didn't know that.  I wasn't trying to be mean.  I just felt like making another lame stab at humor.

And I'll continue to argue that you lacked the insight to see more than one possible meaning in something I wrote!  It's your responsibility as the reader! ;)

How am I supposed to look something up when I was given no indication that what I interpreted as was wrong?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 08:12:42 pm »
How am I supposed to look something up when I was given no indication that what I interpreted as was wrong?

Learn to be skeptical of your own thoughts!  Duh! :P

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2006, 09:29:59 am »

You use Windows on your desktop too.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2006, 09:35:15 am »

... He was refering to actually paying for the product.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2006, 08:24:37 pm »

Ah. Well, it's lose-lose whether or not you actually pay for it. :)
- Newby

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2006, 08:29:10 pm »

Ah. Well, it's lose-lose whether or not you actually pay for it. :)

Your neighbor says the same about you.  It's why you still haven't gotten past holding hands.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 08:40:25 pm »
Your neighbor says the same about you.  It's why you still haven't gotten past holding hands.

I fucking hate you. -.-
- Newby

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 04:33:15 pm »
The only trouble I have is obtaining a Cd key. Becuase all my genetors suck balls.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006, 09:04:28 pm »
The only trouble I have is obtaining a Cd key. Becuase all my genetors suck balls.

Or because Windows doesn't store both parts of their CD-Key algorithim within Windows itself similar to the way Blizzard does with their games?