Author Topic: Need help fixing things  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Need help fixing things
« on: February 18, 2006, 02:34:31 am »
At boot I get
Code: [Select]
lsmod: QM_MODULES: not implemented. I googled it and it said it was an issue with mod-init-utils but I already have that. The other problem is that without the modules I can't mount my FAT drives? Which would help me get the other packages to fix other problems.

For future reference, doing slapt-get --install-set diskset after doing a --upgrade or --dist-upgrade seems like a really good idea. I should read before I do things :P
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Need help fixing things
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 05:33:38 pm »
Haha, maybe that's why my slackware install kept dying when I ran slapt-get.

I'd recommend re-installing slackware to the same disk/partition from the CD's.  That's what I did when slapt-get broke my computer! :)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 02:47:37 am »
It appears that the problem does lie with module-init-tools. I currently have 3.1; I tried 3.2.2 and made some progress. The problem I had was with 'make install' because it would produce an error saying 'too many symbolic links' or something like that. I manually copied over lsmod to /sbin/ and it fixed the whole lsmod error. However when I moved the rest of the files to /sbin/, I would get a new error saying either insmod or modprobe does not recognize the -c variable or something like that. I forgot to do ./generate-modprobe.conf so I hope that will fix it. Currently tired right now, I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow or when I have time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:29:17 pm »
Making progress! System now boots without any crippling errors! This might go away next time I boot, but I hope not. I went through a lot of trouble. X won't start though :(!  Maybe it's just Fluxbox... I should have tried a different WM, but oh well.  Hopefully, there will be an updated stable Slackware soon.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:33:32 pm by Ergot »

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 12:59:51 am »
HELLO FROM LINUX! I think I gave enough details above about what I did, so if anyone else has this problem they can reference it. Really annoying to fix though :\.