Author Topic: Ten Reasons to buy Windows Vista  (Read 55519 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Ten Reasons to buy Windows Vista
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2006, 05:11:13 pm »
Sure you have the right to complain, they just won't care.
They've made that apparent time and time again..
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2006, 05:35:30 pm »
It's called buying the version you need from the start...

You've obviously never written a program in a real work environment.  People NEVER know what they need. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2006, 05:56:13 pm »

You've obviously never written a program in a real work environment.  People NEVER know what they need. 

I doubt server requirements change so regularly it would warrant needing new server software every few months.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2006, 08:26:13 pm »

I doubt server requirements change so regularly it would warrant needing new server software every few months.

I mean people in general.  People tend to buy what they think they need, not what they actually need.  In this case, they're going to get screwed backwards and forwards. 

A humorous example: an unnamed international company invested over $1,000,000 in installing IDS and IPS sensors to protect their network of Solaris machines.  It turns out, the IDS and IPS sensors only protect against Intel-based attacks. 

Of course, that has very little to do with the subject.  I just find it a funny story.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2006, 08:32:59 pm »
I mean people in general.  People tend to buy what they think they need, not what they actually need.  In this case, they're going to get screwed backwards and forwards. 

A humorous example: an unnamed international company invested over $1,000,000 in installing IDS and IPS sensors to protect their network of Solaris machines.  It turns out, the IDS and IPS sensors only protect against Intel-based attacks. 

Of course, that has very little to do with the subject.  I just find it a funny story.

Hahaha, that's great!

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2006, 11:08:12 pm »

That's too bad, best MS can do is send you a nice giftbasket with a "Sorry but we don't care" sticker on the side if you're nice enough to one of the IT guys over the phone.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2006, 11:23:12 pm »

That's too bad, best MS can do is send you a nice giftbasket with a "Sorry but we don't care" sticker on the side if you're nice enough to one of the IT guys over the phone.

Good, then you admit that Microsoft's tiered model is flawed and will cause a lot of hardship. 

So what did that admission prove?

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2006, 11:44:49 pm »
I'm not going to pretend they care if you don't like how they bundle services in their OS. You can thank the people @ Antitrust for that. Additionally, like I said each version is bundled with related things so either your incredibly picky or weird. Most desktop users pick the desktop release, buisness users pick buisness release, mediacenter users..well you know where this is going.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2006, 11:56:11 pm »
I'm not going to pretend they care if you don't like how they bundle services in their OS. You can thank the people @ Antitrust for that. Additionally, like I said each version is bundled with related things so either your incredibly picky or weird. Most desktop users pick the desktop release, buisness users pick buisness release, mediacenter users..well you know where this is going.

We've known exactly where every argument that has been started in the past few days has been going vor some time now.  You're a diehard, irrational, blind Microsoft fanboy.  There's no doubt in my mind this is the case.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2006, 12:01:40 am »
Microsoft is the best, Linux is the worst.  We understand.  This is going nowhere. 

Trashed.