Author Topic: Microsoft Executive Talks With BetaNews  (Read 23919 times)

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
Re: Microsoft Executive Talks With BetaNews
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2006, 08:48:06 pm »
10%? Where are your statistics for this?

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2006, 11:02:56 pm »
Windows is becoming extinct in Europe, because they are too smart to pay for crap.  An upgrade to crap, doesn't make crap better.  They're all buying into Linux and paying companys to make software and give tech support.
( This is what I've heard, I don't know this for sure, but I trust this source )

You've got to be kidding me. If Wndows was becoming extinct in Europe they wouldn't be in trouble with Antitrust and wouldn't have the EU up their ass, I personally would pull out of EU and tell all of those retards to go fuck themselves sideways but Windows chooses to negotiate. Problem with Microsoft is it walks on a thin line between legal and illegal and it seems to get them introuble on all fronts including the US. I'll agree monopolizing is wrong but saying that Microsoft has no presence in EU is wrong as well.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2006, 11:04:46 pm »
My reason: It's true. I can't believe you even think that they come close to Microsoft in their numbers.

That's because you can't see past the end of your nose.

I have a question for you, Mr. Winblows Zealot Warrior: How does Microsoft expect to gain back the 10% loss in market share they lost from Firefox? What incentive will users have to switch back?

Don't give me your usual load of crap "the new ie7 will blow firefox away!!!!" I want an actual answer of features that Firefox lacks and IE7 will have and users will want to use.

And this is related how? So Microsoft has some competition, your point? 10% marketshare bigdeal, how does Firefox intend to take the 90% away from Microsoft? Let's be realistic, it will never happen. Firefox is a great browser, greater than IE no doubt but IE is bundled with Windows. Until something drastic happens to make everyone open their eyes, that's how it's going to stay. Mr. Linux Zealot.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2006, 11:06:38 pm »
My reason: It's true. I can't believe you even think that they come close to Microsoft in their numbers.

I can't you believe that the number of people who are going to use RSS in Internet Explorer are going to outnumber or even come close to the use it already has.  We've given statistics.  You haven't.  You've given rough, invented statements that have no true relevance to the argument.

Do you realize how big Windows is? What do you want a handwritten list of each person who uses it? Give me a break, you know how big Windows is you just choose to purposely ignore the obvious.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2006, 11:08:51 pm »
And this is related how? So Microsoft has some competition, your point? 10% marketshare bigdeal, how does Firefox intend to take the 90% away from Microsoft? Let's be realistic, it will never happen. Firefox is a great browser, greater than IE no doubt but IE is bundled with Windows. Until something drastic happens to make everyone open their eyes, that's how it's going to stay. Mr. Linux Zealot.

Little dinky company (Mozilla) vs. Corporate MONSTER (Microsoft).  10% useage is HUGE.

Do you realize how big Windows is? What do you want a handwritten list of each person who uses it? Give me a break, you know how big Windows is you just choose to purposely ignore the obvious.

No, but unless you expect me to believe that everyone on the internet and that has a cell phone uses Windows, you're stupid.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2006, 11:22:16 pm »
Windows is becoming extinct in Europe, because they are too smart to pay for crap.  An upgrade to crap, doesn't make crap better.  They're all buying into Linux and paying companys to make software and give tech support.
( This is what I've heard, I don't know this for sure, but I trust this source )

You've got to be kidding me. If Wndows was becoming extinct in Europe they wouldn't be in trouble with Antitrust and wouldn't have the EU up their ass, I personally would pull out of EU and tell all of those retards to go fuck themselves sideways but Windows chooses to negotiate. Problem with Microsoft is it walks on a thin line between legal and illegal and it seems to get them introuble on all fronts including the US. I'll agree monopolizing is wrong but saying that Microsoft has no presence in EU is wrong as well.

Blaze admitted that his sources may not be correct.  There's no reason you have to be an asshole to him.  Is it because it makes you feel good that you're right about something?

Anyway, what Blaze is probably referring to is that several EU governments have given up Windows in favor of Linux for all government systems.  I don't have sources, but there are at least 2 or 3, possibly more. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2006, 11:28:41 pm »

Who said they could take away the 10% originally? You can't say it will never happen. Never say never, ok?

It took a long, LONG fucking time to get to 10%. If IE continues to lose marketshare as its been dropping, IE7 better have some revolutionary features to even start holding ground again.

Considering my school system uses Firefox over IE now... c'mon. A school system using Firefox? That's pretty big, especially since my system admin is an IDIOT (a thousand or so failed logins on the account "read_your_fucking_logs" from Canada... and no mention of anything... ) and the kids at my school all talk about Firefox and use it.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2006, 11:38:46 pm »

Blaze admitted that his sources may not be correct.  There's no reason you have to be an asshole to him.  Is it because it makes you feel good that you're right about something?

Anyway, what Blaze is probably referring to is that several EU governments have given up Windows in favor of Linux for all government systems.  I don't have sources, but there are at least 2 or 3, possibly more. 

Well since he felt the need to bold every letter of his sentence to look like he said something worthwhile I had to burn him.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2006, 11:40:47 pm »

Little dinky company (Mozilla) vs. Corporate MONSTER (Microsoft).  10% useage is HUGE.

Mozilla is far from a "Little dinky company" and if you havn't noticed, IE wasn't Microsoft's top priority in the last few years.

No, but unless you expect me to believe that everyone on the internet and that has a cell phone uses Windows, you're stupid.
[/quote]

Where did I say that..? Stop making stuff up.
Unless you expect me to believe every cellphone uses RSS you're stupid. Windows does have the majority of the internet population. No matter how much you pretend, that's how it is and will remain.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2006, 11:43:20 pm »

Who said they could take away the 10% originally? You can't say it will never happen. Never say never, ok?

The day Mozilla shutsout IE (Okay lets make it easy, let them get 60% browser share) ...ahahah. Do you seriously think Mozilla is going to beat out a company which ships it's browser by default with Windows? And you say I CAN't look past the end of my nose? Get over yourself, you seem to be on a mission to make Windows look bad even if it involves making near impossible statements/wishes

Considering my school system uses Firefox over IE now... c'mon. A school system using Firefox? That's pretty big, especially since my system admin is an IDIOT (a thousand or so failed logins on the account "read_your_fucking_logs" from Canada... and no mention of anything... ) and the kids at my school all talk about Firefox and use it.

Uh..okay? One school out of ...millions of users? Wow if it keeps going at this rate they'll be at a whole 11% in no time!!!!1111

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2006, 11:59:34 pm »
Mozilla is far from a "Little dinky company" and if you havn't noticed, IE wasn't Microsoft's top priority in the last few years.

Relatively speaking, it is a dinky company.

Where did I say that..? Stop making stuff up.
Unless you expect me to believe every cellphone uses RSS you're stupid. Windows does have the majority of the internet population. No matter how much you pretend, that's how it is and will remain.

No matter how much you pretend, RSS is still already mainstream.

I'm done arguing with a blind, stupid microsoft zealot.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2006, 12:00:42 am »
Uh..okay? One school out of ...millions of users? Wow if it keeps going at this rate they'll be at a whole 11% in no time!!!!1111
Yes Warrior, his school is the only place in the world that uses Firefox. 

Now you're just annoying me.  I'm going to trash this topic like it should have been a looong time ago.  Let it die peacefully.   (haha, Sidoh posted his frustration while I was typing this.  gg!)