Author Topic: What does LILO stand for and Joe Sucks, or something...  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
What does LILO stand for and Joe Sucks, or something...
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:53:12 pm »
It's much better for most things. It's just overall nicer than LILO and allows you to do more things. LILO seems built more FOR linux while GRUB is more of a standard bootloader. It's GNU too! (That was a lame Joke)
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 10:44:46 pm »
It's GNU too! (That was a lame Joke)

Yeah it was. I don't quite see how it was a joke at all. =p
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 10:48:13 pm »
You suck.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:50:23 pm »
It's much better for most things. It's just overall nicer than LILO and allows you to do more things. LILO seems built more FOR linux while GRUB is more of a standard bootloader. It's GNU too! (That was a lame Joke)

You mean a tool called "Linux Loader" seems built FOR Linux?  How did you figure that out? :P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 10:57:07 pm »
You mean a tool called "Linux Loader" seems built FOR Linux?  How did you figure that out? :P

Haha, I thought about saying that. :)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:57:45 pm »
Just how you said it..I was simply posting why it don't like it. I know very well what it stands for.

Now unless anyone is going to add anything useful just don't post.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 11:03:15 pm »
Just how you said it..I was simply posting why it don't like it. I know very well what it stands for.
It didn't sound like you knew it was desgined for Linux:
LILO seems built more FOR linux while GRUB is more of a standard bootloader.
It seems build for Linux?  It IS built for Linux.  Why would you think it seems that way if you knew what it stood for?

Next, this kind of thing bothers me, and I've given GameSnake shit for it on many occasions:
You suck.
If you want something to stay on topic, fine.  But don't be a hypocrite. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 11:07:22 pm »
It didn't sound like you knew it was desgined for Linux:
LILO seems built more FOR linux while GRUB is more of a standard bootloader.
It seems build for Linux?  It IS built for Linux.  Why would you think it seems that way if you knew what it stood for?

Next, this kind of thing bothers me, and I've given GameSnake shit for it on many occasions:
You suck.
If you want something to stay on topic, fine.  But don't be a hypocrite. 

First off, I wasn't being a hypocrite: He did suck, it's never wrong to say Joe sucks nor is it ever off topic. It's my topic so I decide what is/is not on topic. You weren't on topic so you lose, go away.

Something which seems to be built for something most likely is built for something, I don't need your help to come up with that. Now like I said unless you have anything constructive go somewhere.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 11:13:16 pm »
First off, I wasn't being a hypocrite: He did suck, it's never wrong to say Joe sucks nor is it ever off topic. It's my topic so I decide what is/is not on topic. You weren't on topic so you lose, go away.
Now you're changing your conditions.  You didn't say anything about being off topic, you said to post something useful.  Since when has it been useful to say that Joe sucks? 

Something which seems to be built for something most likely is built for something, I don't need your help to come up with that. Now like I said unless you have anything constructive go somewhere.
Again, you're changing your story.  You quite clearly said, and this is a direct quote, "I know very well what it stands for."  Now you're saying that you just knew what it did. 

You keep changing what you're saying, just to try starting a fight.  Why don't you just say "lol I didn't realize what it stands for" and we can all go on living?  This is such a stupid thing to argue about. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 11:22:53 pm »
Because I did realize what it stood for? Heres a way to stop the arguing: Post useful stuff?

I know how LILO works inside out as I've studied it as a candidate bootloader for my OS and ultimately found that it
couldn't measure up to GRUB.

It's always been useful to say Joe sucks, if he deserves it then it's fine to say it.

Like I said, post something useful or move along. If you havn't noticed, I don't like you very much as of late.
So when I say get lost, generally the best way to avoid arguments is to actually comply.

Thanks.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 11:30:29 pm »
Because I did realize what it stood for? Heres a way to stop the arguing: Post useful stuff?
If you did realize what it stood for, then why did you say, "LILO seems built more FOR linux".  I'm well aware that you know more about it than me, I don't know (and have no reason to know.. I'm not into OS dev) how it works.  But you still made it pretty clear that you didn't realize what it stood for, then said you did.  You're just looking for stupid ways to start arguments. 

It's always been useful to say Joe sucks, if he deserves it then it's fine to say it.
By the way, the sky is blue.  You're looking at x86's forum.  Fun toys are fun.  Not very useful facts.  It's called a Tautology.  Not useful.  But that's a stupid thing to argue about, I'm mostly joking around about it at this point. 

Like I said, post something useful or move along. If you havn't noticed, I don't like you very much as of late.
So when I say get lost, generally the best way to avoid arguments is to actually comply.
Omg, you don't like me?  That's probably good, I've found you annoying ever since you started disrupting life around x86.  I forget how long ago that was, but it's been some time.  You have a habit of starting really stupid arguments and carrying them on dispite all common sense and reason.  If you don't like me because I am not afraid to stand up to you, that's fine.  If you don't like me because I can see through your bullshit, that's fine.  But if you don't like me, then why are you still here?  Last time I checked, I am a pretty big (hah!) presence at these forums.  You must not hate me THAT much.  But if you really do, why don't you go to vL's forums?  I'm trying to avoid them, myself. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: What does LILO stand for and Joe Sucks, or something...
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 11:36:45 pm »
There, I split off and moved all the off-topic stuff to the trash.  Your topic can remain on course, and this (stupid) argument can be frozen in time. 

And don't say that I gave up on the argument.  I just took the logical step and cleaned up the thread for you.