Author Topic: Fucking Politics.  (Read 6697 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Fucking Politics.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 05:00:20 pm »
For some people, death is the only reason they're against war, so it's staying in.
So are these people just being idiots and not accepting that death is a part of life and that the soldiers KNEW there was a very high chance that they could die when going into a war?  Nobody was forced.  Are the people that are against war because of death against life as well?
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 05:05:33 pm »
For some people, death is the only reason they're against war, so it's staying in.
So are these people just being idiots and not accepting that death is a part of life and that the soldiers KNEW there was a very high chance that they could die when going into a war?  Nobody was forced.  Are the people that are against war because of death against life as well?

Actually, you can't refuse if you were a reserve.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 07:49:50 pm »
In Iraq, the a lot of the people are forced to go to war. Also, if you saw my death count, 33,000 innocent civilians have been killed (not sure how accurate it is, tell me if you can find more figures to approve of it).
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 08:21:17 pm »

Actually, you can't refuse if you were a reserve.
you know the risks going into the military, you know you're job, "I don't want to die" isn't a good excuse.

Offline JTN Designer

• PHP Related Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://www.advahost.com
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 08:46:29 pm »
Something like 2300(*) American death counts so far, and around 35,000(?) civilian deaths total on the Iraqi side.

Losses:
    Lack of respect, and oftentimes, bleak hatred overseas
    Huge government spending
    Many thousands out of jobs
    American losses
    Failure to find WMD

Pluses:
    Ended murderous regime of Saddam Hussein
    Removing (many) terrorists
    Ended sanctions to Iraq, delivered needed supplies to the Iraqi people
    Secured Iraq's oil fields for the Iraqi people, formerly monopolized by certain individuals
    Helped Iraqi people create a form of self-government
    Minimal losses in initial invasion

(?) --> http://www.iraqbodycount.net/
(*) --> http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/

You're forgetting oil.

My major problem is that there is now a lot of evidence that they knew that their intelligence was faulty looking for WMDs, but afterwards they backpedalled by saying "well, it was an oppressive dictatorship so it was good anyways."  It's the honesty I have a problem with. 

In addition, in my opinion, if a leader of a country is making life suck for the people who live there, it is the responsibility of the people to revolt and overthrow the government, establishing their own system.  It just doesn't seem right for another country, who is infinitely more powerful, to come in and bully everything. 

Note that both points there are opinions and cannot really be contested.  So there. :P

Well said.

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 08:49:58 pm »
You're forgetting oil.

Secured Iraq's oil fields for the Iraqi people, formerly monopolized by certain individuals

Yeah definitely

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 02:32:20 pm »
In Iraq, the a lot of the people are forced to go to war. Also, if you saw my death count, 33,000 innocent civilians have been killed (not sure how accurate it is, tell me if you can find more figures to approve of it).
Yeah, and I'm sure that number would be *drastically* less if Saddam Hussein was still in charge.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 02:41:57 pm »
Actually, that was going to be my counter-arguement for the "Pros" section. We would do research on the trend of people dieing under Saddam, and we would see how many more years Saddam would have to be in power to replicate the amount of deaths that were caused by the war. Not to mention if this puppet government does work, there won't be any more evil dictators in charge, and hopefully they would be able to cut down on crime and terrorism in Iraq. The problem is though, I'm no psycic, and niether are you.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 04:39:30 pm »
I recall reading that Saddam has killed something like 400,000? Iraqis.  That was over like 20 years, though.
I'm not exactly sure of those numbers so I'll start lookin it up, but its a huge number.