Author Topic: Next Year's Classes  (Read 25844 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Next Year's Classes
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 09:02:49 pm »
  • AP US History
  • AP Literature
  • AP Spanish
  • AP Calculus
  • AP Biology
  • AP Art History

Fun!
LOL ART HISTORY hahahahahahahaa.  I'm sure that when you go to an interview for a cubicle job they're going to ask you who painted something. :)
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 09:03:51 pm »
LOL ART HISTORY hahahahahahahaa.  I'm sure that when you go to an interview for a cubicle job they're going to ask you who painted something. :)

You'd be surprised at how much colleges look for well-roundedness.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 09:18:04 pm »
Yeah, it's basically just Algebra 3.  I took it last year and it wasn't that bad, so have fun.

I thought it was more like Trigonometry. ;)
Nope.. Suprisingly it has little to do with trigonometry. :)
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 09:20:42 pm »

I took the class, goofball. :P

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 09:31:06 pm »

I took the class, goofball. :P
-.-;; Loser. :D
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 09:38:01 pm »
Um, I highly recommend taking a social psychology class at some point.  It's pimp!

They started offering that next year, I'm not taking it yet though, I might drop one of my other courses like my stupid HTML class that doesn't teach you anything for it.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 09:47:30 pm »

You'd be surprised at how much colleges look for well-roundedness.
They're not going to reject you just because you didn't take art if you've got everything else. And considering that newby is going to end up applying to somewhere technology-based, I doubt they're *really* going to care about art.  But that's just me.  I hate art, and I don't have to take it because I took part in the summer musical building sets. I own.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 09:54:37 pm »
They're not going to reject you just because you didn't take art if you've got everything else.

They will if you've taken all the same classes as someone who also took Art History while you didn't.

And considering that newby is going to end up applying to somewhere technology-based, I doubt they're *really* going to care about art. 

Again, you'd be really surprised at how many colleges look at well-roundedness.  The college application process is much more an analsys of your personality.  It certainly heavily concerns academics, but you're going to be spending a great amount of time at this school -- they want to make sure your personality is an acceptable fit for their school.  The classes you take can be a powerful representation of what suits your personality.

But that's just me.  I hate art, and I don't have to take it because I took part in the summer musical building sets. I own.

It doesn't matter if you hate it.  That has nothing to do with the fact colleges are going to like the fact that Newby is taking a diverse range of classes.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 10:07:59 pm »
I would take more AP classes if my school actually had them and they didn't suck.
For us, Trig/Math Analysis/Pre-calc is synonymous.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 10:13:04 pm »
I would take more AP classes if my school actually had them and they didn't suck.
For us, Trig/Math Analysis/Pre-calc is synonymous.

My school doesn't even have an AP program.  Be happy yours does. ;)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 10:42:30 pm »
  • AP US History
  • AP Literature
  • AP Spanish
  • AP Calculus
  • AP Biology
  • AP Art History

Fun!

I like how the majority of schools limit the amount of AP classes one can take per-year to 4, the rest just hit you for being retarded if you sign up for more. If this is your class schedule for next year, you're truely stupid. If it's not, then your post is irrelevant.

Hey, sorry if you're too stupid to keep up with >4 AP classes.  Not everyone is.

Just because I can handle 6 AP classes and you can't handle even 4 doesn't mean I'm stupid. :0

It's not my fault my school's AP classes are either "go AP, or go college prep".

Essentially, go honors, or go with all the failures in life.

No fucking thanks will I do college prep classes again, from this year's experience in them.

I do nothing and pass with an A. I'm sick of it. I do nothing to the point where I have a 20% in homework in math and I still manage to have a 90%. Argh.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:51:14 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 10:47:39 pm »
They will if you've taken all the same classes as someone who also took Art History while you didn't.
How many times is that going to occur? :P

Again, you'd be really surprised at how many colleges look at well-roundedness.  The college application process is much more an analsys of your personality.  It certainly heavily concerns academics, but you're going to be spending a great amount of time at this school -- they want to make sure your personality is an acceptable fit for their school.  The classes you take can be a powerful representation of what suits your personality.
True they do look at well-roundedness, I'm not disputing that.  But I'm saying that in my opinion, they won't overly care about it.
It doesn't matter if you hate it.  That has nothing to do with the fact colleges are going to like the fact that Newby is taking a diverse range of classes.
I was going to add [so I might be biased] but I thought that was inferred.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 10:50:35 pm »
Just because I can handle 6 AP classes and you can't handle even 4 doesn't mean I'm stupid. :0

MyndFyre was defending you...

How many times is that going to occur? :P

Clearly a lot if someone like Newby is taking Art History.  It's actually a popular class at my school (even among the smart people) too.

True they do look at well-roundedness, I'm not disputing that.  But I'm saying that in my opinion, they won't overly care about it.

It's something to look at.  You basically said it was useless.  Your mistake. :P

I was going to add [so I might be biased] but I thought that was inferred.

It was (and I realized it, too), but don't expect me to not reply.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 10:51:55 pm »

MyndFyre was defending you...

I know. My comment was @ Quik.

And I'm taking art history because I need an art class to get out of highschool. Might as well make it an AP class while I'm at it.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 10:53:51 pm »
I know. My comment was @ Quik.

You quoted MyndFyre. :P