Author Topic: CRT or LCD?  (Read 11517 times)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
CRT or LCD?
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:35:22 am »
I was wondering what you all like? Its hard for me since LCD gives off a better picture "SOMETIMES" But CRT I think have better qualtiy and you can touch the screen :)
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: CRT or LCD?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 10:43:20 am »
LCD's are far superior, in my opinion.  If you can afford it. 

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 01:24:59 pm »
If you don't need a skinny screen, go CRT. Every decent CRT monitor I've seen has better picture quality than the decent LCD monitors I've seen.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 01:29:39 pm »
PLASMA SCREEN FTW!!

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 05:13:47 pm »
CRT's are generally equated to a LCD monitor with a 600:1 Contrast Ratio.  I have a 22" IBM CRT and a 19" Samsung LCD and the Samsung looks better (750:1 Contrast Ratio, 12ms response time).  It has a lot to do with the manufacturer though.  In my experience, Samsung, Sony, Dell, and NEC have had the best LCD monitors (in that order).

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 05:20:21 pm »
If you don't need a skinny screen, go CRT. Every decent CRT monitor I've seen has better picture quality than the decent LCD monitors I've seen.

You certainly haven't been around very many good LCD's, then.  I haven't ever seen a CRT monitor that matches my LCD monitors' picture.  I agree with iago; if you can afford them, get them.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 06:15:39 pm »
I've seen some really pimp LCD screens.  But if you have the money and need the space, go LCD.  Space is an important factor.  I have a 21" CRT.  But my desk fits perfectly into the corner of my bedroom, and the CRT fits into the corner part of the desk perfectly.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 06:31:20 pm »

You certainly haven't been around very many good LCD's, then.  I haven't ever seen a CRT monitor that matches my LCD monitors' picture.  I agree with iago; if you can afford them, get them.

CRT's are known to have better contrast and quality, but it begins to fade after a while. I know a lot of people who do art and graphics design for a career, and they've always gone with CRT's.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 06:40:10 pm »
CRT's are known to have better contrast and quality, but it begins to fade after a while. I know a lot of people who do art and graphics design for a career, and they've always gone with CRT's.

Within how many years?  Have you seen a new 19"+ LCD (new within the last two years).

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 06:44:56 pm »
The only reason why someone should buy a CRT is if price is an issue.  If you have the money, you should have no reason not to buy an LCD.  Yes, it is as simple as that.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 08:14:30 pm »

Ehh, maybe I'm just used to my really good CRT. I had a friend that owned a print shop that went out of business, and got a nice 21", $2100 monitor for $100.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 08:29:11 pm »
The only reason why someone should buy a CRT is if price is an issue.  If you have the money, you should have no reason not to buy an LCD.  Yes, it is as simple as that.

Completely agreed.  CRT's are big, luggy and their picture is starting to pale in quality compared to LCD's.

Ehh, maybe I'm just used to my really good CRT. I had a friend that owned a print shop that went out of business, and got a nice 21", $2100 monitor for $100.

And I'm used to my really good LCD monitors.  I do dual monitors, I couldn't dream of doing that with CRT's with my desk space.  Plus, I truely have never seen a CRT with picture to match mine.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 10:21:48 pm »
I like CRT because it's familiar.  I have a very large desk so duel-weilding these babies isn't hard.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 10:28:30 pm »
I do dual monitors, I couldn't dream of doing that with CRT's with my desk space.

You have the smallest desk I've seen in many years, outside of a classroom. =p

EDIT -
As for my two cents, I use three or four computers daily. Two of them are LCD's (in school), and I *really* like them. My computer is a CRT, as is my brothers (the fourth). I dislike them. But it's not a big deal because I have a hugeass office desk (clicky) which currently has two CRTs, a stack of books/DVDs, some dishes, and a 12-pack of rootbeer on it, with room to spare. If I was offered a free LCD or a free CRT (the dude popped up at my front door out of nowhere, k?) I'd go with the LCD without even requiring though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 10:31:40 pm by Joe »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 10:29:40 pm »
I'd much rather have LCD's, regardless of deskspace.  That's an added bonus, but the quality/clarity/size is much, much better on a LCD monitor.

trust

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 10:31:47 pm »
lcd

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 10:32:45 pm »
@Sidoh:
Same. I edited after you posted.

@Troost:
Yes, but why!!?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 10:40:27 pm »
Also, my desk isn't that small.  It's narrow, true, but it's pretty lengthly.  I could fit all that stuff on my desk too. :P

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 11:06:10 pm »
LCD.  My desk is literally bending down from my monstrous CRT monitor.  It's either really weak wood, a lot of strain from the heavy CRT, or both. :\
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 03:01:24 am »
I definently say LCD. When I bought my new computer, I was astounded at how much better quality I was receiving with my LCD. It was without a doubt this is the better way. My old CRT was a really crappy one, and that might be the problem, but LCD is clear and sharp as hell.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 03:07:21 am »
I definently say LCD. When I bought my new computer, I was astounded at how much better quality I was receiving with my LCD. It was without a doubt this is the better way. My old CRT was a really crappy one, and that might be the problem, but LCD is clear and sharp as hell.

I agree with you.  I used two 17" CRT's for the longest time.  I've gotten 19" LCD's two years in a row for my birthday; when the first one replaced my primary crappy CRT, I couldn't believe how much better the picture was.  The CRT I had wasn't bad (even though it was small), but the picture was so much worse.

I'm using a ViewSonic VX910 and a Samsung 913T, incase anyone is curious.  I'm pretty sure they are older models (especially the ViewSonic), but they're both very good monitors, in my opinion.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 10:40:49 am »
A few years ago I would have said CRT definately, but quality of LCD monitors has come a long long way since then, and I want one to replace my crappy old CRT. My brother just got a nice 19" LCD a month or two ago and it rocks.  Deskspace definately isn't an issue for me, my desk is monsterous (3' x 11') but yeah, LCDs are sexy.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline JTN Designer

• PHP Related Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://www.advahost.com
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 12:04:42 am »
A few years ago I would have said CRT definately, but quality of LCD monitors has come a long long way since then, and I want one to replace my crappy old CRT. My brother just got a nice 19" LCD a month or two ago and it rocks.  Deskspace definately isn't an issue for me, my desk is monsterous (3' x 11') but yeah, LCDs are sexy.

I also agree with that, however I still go for the CRT option when I buy a monitor. More resoultion for your dollar.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 12:09:36 am »
I also agree with that, however I still go for the CRT option when I buy a monitor. More resoultion for your dollar.

Resolution isn't everything.  Personally, I like the sharpness of LCD's over one level of resolution that a big CRT provides.  I think 1600x1200 is hard to work on anyway.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 12:55:36 am »
My $2100 21" 1600x1200 resolution monitor has more sharpness than I've seen on any other monitor, no matter what the resolution. And it's flatscreen.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 01:12:59 am »
My $2100 21" 1600x1200 resolution monitor has more sharpness than I've seen on any other monitor, no matter what the resolution. And it's flatscreen.

That's disgusting, seriously.  I mean it's great that it's a good monitor, but I would never buy a damn anvil for $2100.  Hell, I wouldn't pay that much for an LCD.  I'd much rather put it into other hardware.  Two 19" LCD's outdo any combo I've ever worked on (including 21" CRT's, though I doubt they were $2100, that's pretty outrageous :P).

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 02:10:54 am »

You know what's really funny about that?  I paid $250 for my 1920x1440 21" flat-screen monitor.  And it kicks your monitor's ass.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 02:21:01 am »
You know what's really funny about that?  I paid $250 for my 1920x1440 21" flat-screen monitor.  And it kicks your monitor's ass.

hahahaha

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 07:26:44 am »
If you look back, he paid only $100 for his.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 09:43:02 am »
If you look back, he paid only $100 for his.

Perhaps, but my CRT was *never* priced at $2100.  Nor was it a hand-me-down.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2006, 09:46:05 am »
I know I could get a larger monitor, but I would actually end up playing more money than I'm paying for the monitor I currently have, and my current one would be a HELL of a lot sharper than it. The $2100 is definately not just for Quanity, but Quality. Trust me, your monitor doesn't kick mine's ass. 1600x1200 at 21" is hard enough o the eyes already, but 1920x1440? That's just rediculous. I also find it quite funny that Joe noticed I didn't pay that much money for mine, but you and Sidoh didn't.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2006, 11:47:40 am »
I also find it quite funny that Joe noticed I didn't pay that much money for mine, but you and Sidoh didn't.

That's because I have better things to do than to read an entire thread about monitors, and Joe doesn't.  ;)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2006, 01:04:44 pm »
I like LCD. :D
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 09:10:25 pm »
I know I could get a larger monitor, but I would actually end up playing more money than I'm paying for the monitor I currently have, and my current one would be a HELL of a lot sharper than it. The $2100 is definately not just for Quanity, but Quality. Trust me, your monitor doesn't kick mine's ass. 1600x1200 at 21" is hard enough o the eyes already, but 1920x1440? That's just rediculous. I also find it quite funny that Joe noticed I didn't pay that much money for mine, but you and Sidoh didn't.

It's your mistake, not ours.  You typed it wrong.  Perhaps it was another monitor.  As MyndFyre has already said, I don't take it upon myself to memorize the contents of every damn thread on these forums.

Give me your monitor's M/N and manufacturer.  I'd like to see a fucking monitor that's worth $2,100, regardless of what you paid for it.  Unless it's a damn widescreen 60" TV, I'd never pay that much for a display device.  That's outrageous.

I've worked on a lot of CRT monitors (some of which have been 21", made by various companies: Sun, Dell, Gateway and ViewSonic).  None of them defeat the overall greatness of a quality LCD monitor.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 09:12:03 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 09:24:17 pm »
2048x1536 works fine for me, it's just that only one of the monitors I have can do it, so it's annoying.  DPI == 120  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2006, 09:35:34 pm »
Another thing to take into consideration is that CRT's are heavily influenced by the presence of an electromagnetical field.  Speakers, cell/cordless phones(speakers :P) and many other ordinary devices can have this property.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2006, 12:38:22 am »
I have only CRTs at my house, just your old, shotty CRTs. Like, a 16" and a 18" or some shit.

I like that you can put sharpie on them to pwn no scope in CS and you can clean it off easy with isopropyl. But if I was offered either for free, I'd go with the LCD.  Something about "Liquid" and "Crystal" get me so  horny.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2006, 12:59:36 am »

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2006, 01:03:21 am »
Another thing to take into consideration is that CRT's are heavily influenced by the presence of an electromagnetical field.  Speakers, cell/cordless phones(speakers :P) and many other ordinary devices can have this property.

The newer devices (monitors, speakers, etc. made within the last ~3 years) have built-in shielding to protect against the majority of that.  I placed two unshielded speakers next to an unshielded CRT television when I was about 13.  It definately had an interesting affect on the television.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2006, 01:04:28 am »
http://www.windowsmagazine.com/library/1999/0201/rev0032.htm
The prices went down a bit.

The price has gone down 25%.  That's more than "a bit."

Additionally, that's still an outrageous price for a display.  If you pay that much money for an LCD monitor, I'm positive you could get one that beats its performance.

The newer devices (monitors, speakers, etc. made within the last ~3 years) have built-in shielding to protect against the majority of that.  I placed two unshielded speakers next to an unshielded CRT television when I was about 13.  It definately had an interesting affect on the television.

I'm aware of this, but it's still a potential weakness. ;)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2006, 01:06:42 am »
Wow, I never knew my monitor could go to such high resolutions when in a custom mode. I got it up to 2048x1536 at 60 Hertz. Damn factory defaults.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2006, 01:14:27 am »
Wow, I never knew my monitor could go to such high resolutions when in a custom mode. I got it up to 2048x1536 at 60 Hertz. Damn factory defaults.

Cool?  That's great and all, but I've worked on 1600x1200 before.  It's too small (even on large monitors).  1280x1024 is optimal for me.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2006, 01:20:34 am »
Get a monitor with a 21" screen and you'll see that 1600x1200 is the 1280x1024 on 21".  On a side note, I got my monitor up to 2304x1728. The overhead is to guarentee clearness and sharpness at a suitable resolution. I'm almost positive that this is as good as a monitor gets for image quality. Now size of the monitor, that's another story.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 01:22:53 am by MetaL MilitiA »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2006, 01:45:48 am »
Get a monitor with a 21" screen and you'll see that 1600x1200 is the 1280x1024 on 21".  On a side note, I got my monitor up to 2304x1728. The overhead is to guarentee clearness and sharpness at a suitable resolution. I'm almost positive that this is as good as a monitor gets for image quality. Now size of the monitor, that's another story.

Did you read your own article?

Diagonal viewing area   19.7"

CRT's ALWAYS have a large discrepancy from their list display and their actual viewable display.

Additionally, I'm almost positive a 21" CRT isn't as good as it gets for image quality.  For one, it isn't high definition (unless, of course, it is and I'm wrong :P).  In addition, you can get a picture as clear as you want, but the clarity isn't going to go to use if you don't have enough space to display it on.  You can take a massive resolution JPEG and shrink it down to 100x100.  Is it still that awesome resolution you once had?  No.  You lost quality because there isn't enough room on the canvas to display it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 01:49:24 am by Sidoh »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2006, 10:31:28 pm »

Did you read your own article?

Diagonal viewing area   19.7"

CRT's ALWAYS have a large discrepancy from their list display and their actual viewable display.

Additionally, I'm almost positive a 21" CRT isn't as good as it gets for image quality.  For one, it isn't high definition (unless, of course, it is and I'm wrong :P).  In addition, you can get a picture as clear as you want, but the clarity isn't going to go to use if you don't have enough space to display it on.  You can take a massive resolution JPEG and shrink it down to 100x100.  Is it still that awesome resolution you once had?  No.  You lost quality because there isn't enough room on the canvas to display it.
Sorry, didn't know you'd get so techincal. Just act as if I didn't say "screen" after 21". Also, your analogy isn't really that good of an analogy. You're basically saying that if something is bigger (CRT monitors), they'll be better, but if you have an LCD, the image is crappy, but you can fit them in smaller places?

And what do you mean by a high definition monitor? TVs are the only things that are high definition (as I know of), and my monitor still goes to a higher resolution than even 1080p for HDTVs. My 1080i HDTV downstairs can only reach 1100x700 (somewhere around there).

Offline JTN Designer

• PHP Related Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://www.advahost.com
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2006, 03:23:46 am »

Where'd you get that from? I may buy one.

Offline ink

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2006, 05:35:23 am »
It all really depends on the situation at hand which needs a monitor.
This question immediately came to mind:
What is going to be the main function of the P.C. that will be using

A gamer would probably want a CRT since LCD screens present the ghosting effect
LCD definately displays better still-picture quality, on the other hand.

So besides these, personal preference comes into play and it's all up in the air.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2006, 01:00:18 pm »
It all really depends on the situation at hand which needs a monitor.
This question immediately came to mind:
What is going to be the main function of the P.C. that will be using

A gamer would probably want a CRT since LCD screens present the ghosting effect
LCD definately displays better still-picture quality, on the other hand.

So besides these, personal preference comes into play and it's all up in the air.

They used to have an apparent ghosting effect.  Gaming LCD monitors (actually, standard LCD monitors now) have an 8 ms response time, so it's virtually impossible to identify this affect.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2006, 01:02:44 pm »
They used to have an apparent ghosting effect.  Gaming LCD monitors (actually, standard LCD monitors now) have an 8 ms response time, so it's virtually impossible to identify this affect.

z0mg lern2grammar n00b.  Effect is the noun (unless you're talking about effecting something into happening or existing), and affect is the verb (unless you're talking about the psychological synonym for feelings).

I still have problems with the LCD monitor at work and looking at it from other angles.  Not so much my laptop screen, though.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2006, 01:28:27 pm »
z0mg lern2grammar n00b.  Effect is the noun (unless you're talking about effecting something into happening or existing), and affect is the verb (unless you're talking about the psychological synonym for feelings).

Is it just me or is this getting annoying? :P

I know the damn difference, it was a simple mistake.  If you know what I mean, I don't see the point in wasting time correcting such issues when it's obvious that it was a simple typing error (or failure to re-read the sentence; if I would have read over that, I would have noticed)...

I still have problems with the LCD monitor at work and looking at it from other angles.  Not so much my laptop screen, though.

It must suck, then.  I don't have a single problem using my monitors at any reasonable angle (IE, not laying on the floor, where it's hard to read anyway).  Thew viewing angle on any good LCD monitor is 180 degrees, which is obviously the maximum without the presentation of an additional engineering problem.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:30:07 pm by Sidoh »

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2006, 03:17:17 pm »
Is it just me or is this getting annoying? :P

I know the damn difference, it was a simple mistake.  If you know what I mean, I don't see the point in wasting time correcting such issues when it's obvious that it was a simple typing error (or failure to re-read the sentence; if I would have read over that, I would have noticed)...
Hehehe, it was meant as a joke specifically about this remark, which was still fresh in my mind.  ;)
I don't mind poor spelling as much as I do poor grammar (to an extent, of course).

It must suck, then.  I don't have a single problem using my monitors at any reasonable angle (IE, not laying on the floor, where it's hard to read anyway).  Thew viewing angle on any good LCD monitor is 180 degrees, which is obviously the maximum without the presentation of an additional engineering problem.
Yeah it probably does.  I can't read some things at about 15 degrees.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2006, 03:34:47 pm »
Hehehe, it was meant as a joke specifically about this remark, which was still fresh in my mind.  ;)
I don't mind poor spelling as much as I do poor grammar (to an extent, of course).

I also said this:

I don't understand purposeful lack of grammatical flow in communication just because data is transmitted digitally instead of across paper or pressure waves.

Don't make such hastey conclusions!  Just because we've insulted your purposeful horrid grammar (that you're not using anymore; we're appreciative of that) doesn't mean we don't care what you think.  Maybe we think it's what's best for you. :P

I wasn't being hypocritical.  It was an honest mistake. :P