Author Topic: Immigration letter....its a draft, tear it apart  (Read 1463 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Immigration letter....its a draft, tear it apart
« on: April 10, 2006, 07:55:18 pm »
I haven't read through it yet, I need a fresh mind before I do that.
comment, make suggestions, have at it.  THANKS!

Dear Editor,
Driving down Main Street today I saw something encouraging, people acting upon what they believe in.  I saw people with signs that, if I remember correctly, said “We were all immigrants”, and on national news I saw people with signs that read “We aren’t terrorists”.  Those may all be fact, but because immigration is not the issue being discussed in Washington D.C. I believe these people are very misinformed.  The issue is illegal immigration.
When people cross our borders into the United States illegally they are just exploiting a major security flaw, they may not be a security threat personally, but their way of entering is a very large security threat.  The fact that illegal immigrants are here is also an economic threat in that they do not pay taxes but they do use our public facilities for “free”.
Another point I would like to make is that, for example, when you go into someone’s home you do not put their home down by saying your home is better; it is very rude and discourteous.  By shouting “Viva Mexico”, it seems to me that people want to come here for the benefits of America without becoming an American and embracing America.  Waving the Mexican flag is no different.  Might I remind people we came to America because America had something better to offer us, we are now Americans first and foremost before any other heritage.  It does not make sense to come to America to make it the country you a fleeing, come to America because you love it and want to make it even better.
I have one last point to address, but first I would like to make it clearly known, since some people cannot interpret things correctly, that I support immigration, and with out it I would not be here as I am technically a 4th generation immigrant.  From what I have gathered, at least hundreds of thousands if not now millions of people apply for United States citizenship each year.  They wait in line, file papers, take tests, they gain their American citizenship legally.  Is it fair to the legal immigrants to allow the Mexican border to be open for anyone to just jump the line, the border line and the line for U.S. citizenship?  Could we possibly allow more legal immigrants into our nation if fewer people were cheating their way into our country?

Tyler *******, a 19 year old 4th generation immigrant