Author Topic: Okay, okay. Web server q's and a's, mostly q's.  (Read 1549 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Okay, okay. Web server q's and a's, mostly q's.
« on: April 17, 2006, 12:43:11 pm »
Is Apache on Linux able to run ASP or (preferably) ASPX (ASP.NET)?  I mean, obviously I'd need mono...

My mom is FINALLY taking my advice and letting me build her a new computer.  I'll probably keep the mobo, processor, and RAM -- it's not that great of stuff, but good 'nuff to stick Linux on.

Are there any programs that would let me run a graphical terminal to the box from Windows?  By which I mean, running on my Windows box, can I be playing with X?

This hasn't been decided for sure yet.  I'm tempted to make that box a Windows Media Center box connected directly to my router.  Then I could run my Xbox 360 to it.  :)  We'll see though.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Okay, okay. Web server q's and a's, mostly q's.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 02:11:56 pm »
I have heard about running ASP, but I have never bothered reading up.  So my answer is "probably". 

There are a couple ways to get a graphical terminal on Windows.  The easiest way, of course, is vnc.  But vnc is really slow.  Another way is to get an x client for Windows.  That only works (securely) over a LAN (or vpn, of course), but I doubt that'll be a problem.