Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 8669 times)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« on: April 23, 2006, 07:17:55 pm »
This forum is for any discussion relating to anything that moves.  :)

BTW: If you want a specific thread for your car stickied like mine, just make it and I'll sticky it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:12:32 pm by Krazed »
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 08:12:51 pm »
...like by bootay?

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 08:54:30 pm »
Yummm, this forum is just what the doctor ordered.

Seriously though, maybe if this forum generates some interesting threads I may frequent it more than the other members forums. This has some potential.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 11:14:27 pm »

So.. my bike has a flat tire. It sucks.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 11:21:06 pm »
Word.

http://f150online.com/galleries/mygallery.cfm?gnum=5025

There is my F150 gallery

Why are you doing this in the introduction thread? The forum is set up so you could make your own thread to display your own vehicle. I honestly have a few things I would ask in that thread, however I don't feel it's appropriate here.

I originally read his post and thought "Joe's going to say something stupid because he thinks he is 'exploiting' a rule that was 'carelessly written' or something." I guess I was right.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:52:07 pm »
I'm not sure if this should be a member's forum, it seems more general to me.  But it's up to you (Krazed), if you want to keep this as your own that's fine, but I'd move it to the "General" boards, change the name, and let you moderate/control it. 

Flat tires are extremely easy to fix.  Even if you take it to the store, it's only about $5 (unless you buggered up the rim, then you're looking at ~$25, and you can't do it yourself). 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 05:19:04 pm »
I'm not sure if this should be a member's forum, it seems more general to me.  But it's up to you (Krazed), if you want to keep this as your own that's fine, but I'd move it to the "General" boards, change the name, and let you moderate/control it.

He wanted to put it there originally, but I persuaded him to put it here.

If anybody else agrees with iago we'll move it.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 05:32:40 pm »
Car chat is fun anywhere  ;D

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 06:09:44 pm »

He wanted to put it there originally, but I persuaded him to put it here.

If anybody else agrees with iago we'll move it.

Haha, that's dumb.  A forum with a specific purpose should be somewhere above, and a personal forum should be down here. 

I really couldn't care less about car chat, and I don't plan on keeping up with this forum.  But I still think it deserves to be a real forum :P

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 06:55:53 pm »
Haha, that's dumb.  A forum with a specific purpose should be somewhere above, and a personal forum should be down here. 

I really couldn't care less about car chat, and I don't plan on keeping up with this forum.  But I still think it deserves to be a real forum :P

Alright. We'll move it, with krazed's permission of course. =p
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 07:02:40 pm »

Alright. We'll move it, with krazed's permission of course. =p

Ok, whenever he wanders in and reads this he can answer.  Could be awhile :P

Incidentally, while we're wasting time, the marquee news is wrong... :P

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 07:08:08 pm »
Ok, whenever he wanders in and reads this he can answer.  Could be awhile :P

Incidentally, while we're wasting time, the marquee news is wrong... :P

Wait til he splits up with his girlfriend. He'll be out of drugs/women and back into computers/x86. It's a cycle. :)

I'll get around to changing it. Hold up.
- Newby

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 09:54:52 pm »
I thought the drug part was constant throughout all parts of the cycle.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 11:15:55 pm »
Flat tires are extremely easy to fix.  Even if you take it to the store, it's only about $5 (unless you buggered up the rim, then you're looking at ~$25, and you can't do it yourself). 

I really buggered my bike up the other day.  I split the tube into two peices, tore the tire so the tube stuck out if it was pumped up it'd pop again.  Had to buy a new tube and tire.  :(
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 11:10:19 pm »
The less I can ride my bike the more I'm pushed to learn how to drive, so I have no intention of doing anything to fix it any time soon.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 01:08:38 pm »

I really buggered my bike up the other day.  I split the tube into two peices, tore the tire so the tube stuck out if it was pumped up it'd pop again.  Had to buy a new tube and tire.  :(

And that cost what?  $5? :P

The less I can ride my bike the more I'm pushed to learn how to drive, so I have no intention of doing anything to fix it any time soon.
Biking > driving.  It's WAY cheaper, more healthy, better for the environment, and you get a strange respect from people when you do a long commute (25km each way, in my case). 

Of course, you ought to learn how to drive and get a license.  But beyond that, I prefer biking. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 06:36:57 pm »

Biking > driving.  It's WAY cheaper, more healthy, better for the environment, and you get a strange respect from people when you do a long commute (25km each way, in my case). 

Of course, you ought to learn how to drive and get a license.  But beyond that, I prefer biking. 

Eh, I prefer driving. Living in a huge city for my entire life, it's really what I've been exposed to and the culture I've been brought up in: nobody rides their bike except for leisure. Plus, there are tons of arguements why more people drive other than "they are lazy" :p

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 07:46:38 pm »
Bikes are pretty common in Philly.  We have lots of bike couriers, and traffic is horrid often, so most in-city people end up combined SEPTA/biking.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 11:21:39 pm »

I don't know how many kilometers are in a mile, but I have a rather long commute to work and school as well. It can't be nearly as far as yours, but I'd quit my job before biking to it on a daily basis.

NOTE -
Not that I have a job yet, but I've applied for one in town.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 03:58:51 am »

I don't know how many kilometers are in a mile, but I have a rather long commute to work and school as well. It can't be nearly as far as yours, but I'd quit my job before biking to it on a daily basis.

NOTE -
Not that I have a job yet, but I've applied for one in town.
Well, Joe, you applied for a job so you'll get it. That's how those thigs work. So, I'd say it's safe to assume you'll have it by the end of the week. Making $30 an hour with full benefits, too.

Pfft!

it's roughly 2.2 km in 1 mi.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 01:48:27 pm »
No, it's ~1.61km in a mile. :P
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 02:57:35 pm »
No, it's ~1.61km in a mile. :P
1 mi = 1.609344 kilometers
Google is teh bomb(a)

Joe, where is this job/how far is it/what type of travel terrain (highways, small roads, large roads)?

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 03:13:02 pm »
Rounding ftw, newb.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2006, 04:17:42 pm »
Joe, where is this job/how far is it/what type of travel terrain (highways, small roads, large roads)?

1. In town. I live out of town.

2. From here to town, I guess. About 15 minutes by car, averaging maybe 40MPH.

3. Highway + small roads + big roads. Combo!

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 12:23:39 am »

1. In town. I live out of town.

2. From here to town, I guess. About 15 minutes by car, averaging maybe 40MPH.

3. Highway + small roads + big roads. Combo!
You said you don't have a job, bitch.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 05:12:17 pm »
Whatever. Fixed my tire!

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 08:55:19 am »
Ah, cool, yeah I thought this would be better for a general forum. Newby though differently. Damn him. You have my permission to move it.  :P
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 05:00:02 pm »
I like how this is the only stickied topic in the trash can. :)
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 05:42:48 pm »
I generally go through and unsticky trashcan threads. That's why you rarely see any. :P

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 06:10:45 pm »
Haha. You missed like, ten. I got them, though. :P
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 06:15:41 pm »
Haha, I normally do it at the time, when I see that they've been moved. But yeah, I'm not nearly perfect. :)