Author Topic: School sued over same-sex fairy tale  (Read 21349 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: School sued over same-sex fairy tale
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2006, 08:24:14 pm »
It was a general response to "homosexuality is wrong because they produce no children", which seems to be where Trust is going.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2006, 08:37:42 pm »
It was a general response to "homosexuality is wrong because they produce no children", which seems to be where Trust is going.

Although, clergy do not procreate by choice.  Homosexuals are biologically unable to do so unless they do something against their sexual orientation.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2006, 08:59:40 pm »

Yeah.  This world has enough babies and baby-makers.  If anything, I think homosexuality (or abstinence, in that case) helps society because of the looming population limit.  It's really not that far away.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2006, 11:09:32 pm »
It's nice to see parents taking an interest in their child's education....
errr... something like that...

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2006, 11:14:54 pm »

Although, clergy do not procreate by choice.  Homosexuals are biologically unable to do so unless they do something against their sexual orientation.
Now supposing being homosexual is a choice, does that mean homosexuals don't procreate by choice?

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2006, 11:17:17 pm »
Now supposing being homosexual is a choice, does that mean homosexuals don't procreate by choice?
Yes, but I'm using that as the biological argument.  Evolutionarily speaking, homosexuality has a selective pressure applied against it, *if* it is a biological thing.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2006, 11:30:56 pm »
Yes, but I'm using that as the biological argument.  Evolutionarily speaking, homosexuality has a selective pressure applied against it, *if* it is a biological thing.
If it is biological, many genetic disorders have had selective pressure applied against them for years, they're still around.  Cystic Fibrosis is genetic, and it's still around :(

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2006, 01:49:25 am »
Does anyone realize that being gay is not something people choose?  7 year olds play violent videogames and watch R rated movies all the time.  Why don't you try to stop that before bitching about a fucking FAIRY TALE?
agreed. People make WAY too much of a big deal about gay people. Just accept the fact that they didn't chose it, but their genetics/environment they grew up in did. Reading books like this to the children may make being gay more socially acceptable in the future. Shit like this reminds me of history, where similar things happened.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2006, 02:44:59 am »
I love just sitting back and watching the mayhem I have created.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2006, 06:59:56 am »
Twisted fuck...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2006, 09:29:25 am »
Does anyone realize that being gay is not something people choose?  7 year olds play violent videogames and watch R rated movies all the time.  Why don't you try to stop that before bitching about a fucking FAIRY TALE?
agreed. People make WAY too much of a big deal about gay people. Just accept the fact that they didn't chose it, but their genetics/environment they grew up in did. Reading books like this to the children may make being gay more socially acceptable in the future. Shit like this reminds me of history, where similar things happened.
But why not try to "fix" it?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2006, 06:01:56 pm »
No, it's different. Children are taught that slavery is BAD, and thus they're against it.

However, now they're being taught that homosexuality is acceptable and OK...so they'll be for it and probably experiment with it. And that's wrong.

Read a recent article from Time magazine (2 months old or so) - it said that a large percentage of teens are become "bicurious" because it's "cool" - this will just further that and it's wrong.

My sister is in 2nd grade and her homework consists of how Jesus is different than other kings (ie. not concerned over land) and she's required to memorize bible versus that discuss living a good life and not stealing and etc. She is not recieving assignments or stories or anything else that involves two gay fairies. I will be placing my children in private school.
Children are taught discrimination against blacks is bad, because they're people just like us. That is exactly what this teacher was trying to teach to his students about homosexuals. There is absolutely no reason for a straight teacher to try and turn straight students gay. He's simply trying to make homosexuality not looked down apon as much. You're also no psychologist, so don't act like you know what effects this will have on kids.
Hitmen: art is gay